W London Leicester Square
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
2,125 results
All reviewsspectacular roomcool corner roommirrored doorsbliss productsspg platinumwow suiteshower and toilettrendy hotelhotel barfirst floorpiccadilly circuswest endregent streetan upgradecentral locationafternoon teamini bar
Reviewed 29 November 2013

the conceirges there are FANTASTIC: bernardo, Filippo
also Joshua Brown really puts the service over the top
they are all about exceeding expectations and making the guest experience great
the café on top has amazing coffees and the service is excellent
so are the bellmen and security on the bottom floor, always ready to help with directions and suggestions
this is a model for all W hotels
in fact I tell that to other hotel managers
Josh Brown can go and train some of them esp in Hollywood CA

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear allan r,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. It is always great to see a guest detailing a flawless guest experience with us at W London – Leicester Square. Thank you for your compliments to my team and especially Bernardo, Filippo also Joshua Brown. These kind notes hold great value to me and I will certainly thank them personally and share your note with my entire team.

I look forward to seeing you at W London – Leicester Square.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My partner is a Platinum SPG member so he got us a room here during our recent vacation in London leveraging (a whole lotta) points. We flew in from a vacation in Prague on Saturday afternoon and left for the USA on the following Tuesday morning. Neither of us had been to London before. First, the hotel is located right in the times square of London! AWESOME LOCATION! (right beside the M&M store.) We were able to take the tube directly from Heathrow to Leicester Square (piccadilly line btw) without issue and walk only a couple of blocks to the hotel. There was always doormen waiting with a friendly smile and pleasant word. The check in desk was quite speedy and helpful as well as the Whatever Whenever desk. We actually stayed in a Fabulous Room for the first night and then the following night we were upgraded to a Cool Corner Suite. The Fab room was nice but it was weird having the bathroom inside of the room (the toilet and shower are in separate spaces but the sink sits in the middle of the room beside the bed). In the Cool room, things were similar but quite different. So the external room door actually opens to a small foyer area where you have to walk through another door to get into the room which was great privacy! You walk into the "bathroom area" where there's still a sink in the middle of the room with a longer counter top, a tub (with waiting bubble bath waiting AND a flat screen embedded in the wall so you can relax and watch TV. The shower and toilet were still separate and there is a wall of mirrors which make the shower and toilet blend into the room seamlessly. It's very hip and trendy as well as space efficient. Then you walk into a separate room where there was the bed, a desk, chaise lounge with tables/ottomans, another television and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the square! It was great!

I'd definitely recommend the hotel and location to anyone going to London for the first time or just looking to be in a great location with food/drink/entertainment options at your fingertips!

Only downside was our 4th floor room could "feel" the bass lines on Saturday and Sunday nights when they had the WYLD club open.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room with a view; Be mindful of the Thursday - Sunday club nights so if you're near the 1st floor, it WILL be a lot of music coming up through the walls!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear bryantrt08

It is always a pleasure to receive such a great review from our guests. I am very pleased to hear that you had a great time with us at W London – Leicester Square including the excellent location. I will certainly share your kind words with our Whatever/Whenever and the entire team.

I certainly look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is one of the most user unfriendly hotels I have stayed in..... Whoever designed the rooms has obviously not spent much time in hotels. Good architecture and good interior design is all about creating inspiring, interesting spaces where people can live and be comfortable. This includes modern, cutting edge spaces too, so the "too modern" tag quoted by some reviewers is no excuse for this white elephant.... And this is not typical of W hotels - others I have stayed in are equally modern and aesthetic, but with far more user friendly and better laid out rooms - much larger too.

Down to the details as I lie in bed W-ondering.....
- Room is too cold - looks like I can only cool, not heat - solution: put shower on hot and steam room up (just as well the shower opens directly into the room)
- Bathroom is part of the room - obviously this was an old hotel with pre-determined (poky) small room sizes, and the architects thought "lets get rid of the bathroom" to make more space.
- Doors have absolutely no sound insulation (this is pathetic for a hotel of this standard)..... I can hear conversations in the corridor word-for-word
- Lights are unfathomable - what is wrong with simple on-off switches, labelled appropriately? Whoever did the electrics was a bloody idiot, to put is bluntly.
- I had to move rooms twice: first time my room was above the bar, and I could clearly hear the music playing (I called to complain - "you'll be fine, it stops at 1am" was the reply from reception....not good enough....).. The second room had a 2m high, super-sized photo of a young girl's face with her mouth taped shut and frightened eyes. This is extremely bad taste in most people's book, so I changed rooms again....lots of street noise but I don't have the energy to switch again, so a night with earplugs coming up.

What a disappointment - I strongly recommend people NOT to stay here. You can do much better in London in this price range.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the 3rd floor above the bar - very noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jon T

Dear JPdV,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square did not meet your expectation. I can assure you that we take the feedback of our guests seriously and we always look for ways to improve our guests’ experiences.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss all the points you have highlighted in detail on a one-to-one basis. Please feel free to contact me via email Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com at your convenience

Thank you for your time again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This hotel is extremely modern and quirky which is fantastic, the staff were all very pleasant and could not of been more helpful which is a great attribute to any hotel. The location is also very good next to Chinatown and near to Regent Street so great for the shops. The room although small was spotlessly clean and was very comfortable. Unfortunately the major downside to us was the noise from the DJ on the 1st Floor. I am very surprised that a modern hotel such that it is does not have sound proofing from the music. It was so loud we had to use ear plugs and even then you could still here the music and we were on the 3rd floor. We were so thrilled with the hotel when we arrived but unfortunately left feeling disappointed and extremely tired. Such a shame, probably would not return for this reason.

Room Tip: Request a high level floor opposite side to the reception
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear NEnright,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square.

I was sorry to hear that you did not entirely enjoy your stay due to the disturbance from our W Lounge. I can understand that at times it can be quite challenging to control external DJ’s. However, I would like to assure you that we take the feedback of our guests seriously, and we are always looking for ways to improve upon on our guests’ experiences. I have shared our comments with the relevant heads of department to ensure standards are met at all times.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to W London – Leicester Square. Please let me know when you plan your next stay, as I would like to oversee your reservation personally. You can reach me on Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was on business in Europe for a week b4 my wife joined me in London during the weekend. Guest relations manager Jessica pat man was nice enough to upgrade my booking to WoW suite knowing it was my wife's first visit to London. It made our weekend v special and I will always remember it.

• Stayed: November 2013
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear jlee0504,

Thank you for sharing your review. I am very pleased to hear that both you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square and in particular your wife enjoyed her visit to London. I would also like to thank you on behalf of Jessica Patman our Insider. I will personally thank her and will share your kind words with her and the rest of the entire team.

I look forward to your return to W London – Leicester Square.

Warm regards,