“Very Trendy, Impeccible Attitude”

W London Leicester Square
Ranked #396 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Very Trendy, Impeccible Attitude”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

It was our first stay in this hotel, and has now become the favourite one in London (and we have stayed in many luxurious hotels there). It is not a family or business hotel at all, rather for fun loving couples. The staff's attitude is unusual - more relaxed and informal, but it does not irritate at all; on contrary, it fits perfectly in the style of the hotel.

The great service started even before we arrived to the hotel. We were upgraded to a corner room which was small, but cozy. The colors, lightning, bathroom, bedding - everything was cool and stylish.

I would like to mention the servuce by the concierge - very nice guys, quick and knowlegable.

Same goes to the reception staff and bellboys - Richard and a guy from Argentina were exceptional.

All in all, we look forward to staying in this hotel soon. It is the number 1 choice for us in London !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank airwav
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear airwav,

Thank you so much for sharing such a great review regarding your recent stay with us at W London – Leicester Square. I am very happy to hear that we managed to meet your expectation. I would like to also thank you for your kind words on my team and in particular Richard for his attentiveness. I will certainly share this with him and my entire team.

I hope to see you again soon.

Ian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 December 2013

You can't beat the location. It's fantastic and convenient whether you want something walkable or need to catch transportation some further. We were only in London for two nights and booked on our points. The staff were welcoming even during a busy morning. Our room wasn't ready because we arrived so early, but they stored our luggage and recommended that we sit for a coffee or do some shopping. The coffee at the hotel is not surprisingly pricey, but it was quite tasty. Our room was much smaller than other Ws, but two upsides, the lights were brighter and the shower isn't the see-through shower. There were plenty of sockets to charge your devices; the best being inside the safe. This way you can charge your iPad safely while out and about. The staff at the front desk and the door always greeted us and asked if we needed anything. We did take their car to the airport for 68 pounds -- not a bad price if you start adding the taxi fare to the train station and then the train tickets for multiple people. Overall, had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Ovenbird,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback. It’s good to hear the overall experience of the guest such as yours. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including the comforts of your room and the excellent location.

Your kind words on my team are greatly appreciated and I will definitely be sharing these with all of them.

I hope to see you again soon.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This hotel is very good but in my opinion not up to the same standard as the W in Hong Kong. Location is excellent in Leicester Square, and bar and amenities are very good. As all W hotels staff were very accommodating. The downsides would be there is no swimming pool, rooms are smallish (we stayed in the entry level rooms) with toilet and shower tucked into the side awkwardly (not that private). In spite of this, it is still a very good hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear DanRadcliffe,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square. It is also great to hear that you appreciated my friendly team. I will happily pass these compliments on to them as they too will appreciate it.

I hope to welcome you back again.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Arrived at the w London on boxing day at 8am. I was able to check into a room as soon as i got there which was much appreciated after traveling non stop from Australia. all the staff were very helpful and nothing seemed a problem.
The Decor of the hotel is very modern and there is a very relaxed feel. i loved the cool music in the elevators. It was a very central and I was able to walk to all the major attractions easily. China town was also close by with some great eating spots.
Highly recommend this hotel to any visitors.
Stuart

Room Tip: Stay up high away from the night club
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Stuart M,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful comments from our guests describing their overall experience. I would like to thank you for your kind words on my team, I will certainly share these with all of them.

I look forward to your return.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Crap hotel for nearly £300 a night don't even bother... The place is dark and dingy staff can't hardly speak english and don't explain anything I will never stay at this hotel again don't waste your money guys honestly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jamie B
Dear Jamie B,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square did not entirely meet your expectation. I can assure you that we take the feedback of our guests seriously and we always look for ways to improve our guests’ experiences.

I do believe that I have a diverse and lingual team who have great communication skills and assist guest with their requirements. However, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in detail on a personal basis. Please feel free to contact me via email at your convenience. Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a nice location in the corner of Leicester square. Very convenient to catch the tube at Piccadilly or Leicester square giving access to most lines and perfect for the theaters.

The service was excellent from the moment we entered. The rooms are a very good size with rainforest showers, comfortable beds and a full set of amenities.

The hotel restaurant is spice market , a Jean-Georges Vongreichten venture with excellent Asian food. We sat at the bar and had great cocktails and appetizers.

The decor is unique, with the appearance of a club throughout the hotel - black and silver and disco balls everywhere. The house lounge goes well into the night fitting with the theme although the rooms are fairly well insulated from the music.

Overall everything you expect from a Starwood hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear nomadsbynature,

It is always a pleasure to receive such great review from our guests and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including the décor, ambience and the comforts of our bedrooms. Your feedback is valuable to us and I will certainly share this with my entire team.

In the meantime, I look forward to seeing you at W London – Leicester Square.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This is a great and hip Hotel , in the best location in London. I have stayed in this hotel several times and I believe is one of the best located hotels in London. Everything you might need you have it within walking distance. It also has a great atmosphere and is great for partying.
Totally recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear RafaelRiosR,

Thank you for sharing your great review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including the superb location and the atmosphere.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!