“Central and trendy hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of W London Leicester Square

W London Leicester Square
Ranked #382 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Geneva_ch
“Central and trendy hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Maybe one of the best W hotels. Very nice room, trendy and nice design. Nice bar, very lively. Too bad that W hotel never includes Wifi in the room, only in the lobby. Location is perfect, close to Soho, Piccadilly, China Town. Check in was a bit slow, but they tried to be helpful. For people who like design and trendy hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear wise_lily,

First of all thank you for sharing your great review. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square. However, I was sorry to hear about the delays you experienced on check-in. I have shared your comments with the relevant heads of department to ensure we improve in this area. I would like to also thank you for your kind words on my team, these hold great value and I will certainly share this with my entire team.

In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back.

Coen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

In general unique nice experience. Professional and friendly staff. A lot of effort has been done. Although I fell in love with the mini club VIP bar, the attention to customers is far from perfection. Why? Needs more training and better approach. The bar gets busy late a night. Average crowd not a glam place as you might think. This is a management issue. Thanks for the inspirational design that will keep me going back. Very pricy competed to like wise places.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Manuk311,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It’s good to hear the overall experience our guests such as yours. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including modern décor of our bedrooms and in particularly the VIP Bar. These positive notes are greatly appreciated and I will definitely be sharing these with them.

Your feedback on service is also important to us and I will certainly share this with the relevant heads of department to ensure standards are met at all times.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I am at present staying with my husband at the W Leicester Square. We arrived this afternoon and the receptionist refered to me as 'her' when asking my husband to put my name down on the check in form. When questioned on this the response was that English is not her first language. After a flat G&T we went out to dinner but we were expected to que to get back into the hotel. When I walked through I was challenged by the doorman and told to use another entrance. Looking forward to leaving. What a rubbish hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Claire543
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Claire543,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I very am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectation. I can assure you that we take the feedback of our guests seriously and we always look for ways to improve our guests’ experiences.

With regards to the entrance, we have separate entrances for non-residents and a dedicated entrance for our resident guests. I apologise that this was not explained to you at the time. However, I would like the opportunity to discuss any concerns you may wish to bring to my attention in detail. Please feel free to contact me via email coen.vanniersen@whotels.com at your convenience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

The W Hotel is nice. Great location between Leicester square and China town surrounded by countless bars and restaurants. Trafalgar Square is a short walk away. The hotel itself has a bar, nightclub and restaurant which we enjoyed. I liked our room, it was clean spacious and well decorated. We enjoyed the gym, great facilities.The only issue was with the shower drainage. It kept flooding into the bedroom area which was pretty annoying. Overall it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Hwak89,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback regarding your recent visit to W London Leicester Square. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us including the excellent location and the comforts of your room and our facilities in FIT.

However, I was sorry to hear about the issues you experiences with the shower and drainage. I have shared this with the relevant heads of department to ensure we bring improvements in this area.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I love this hotel. I am addicted to the rooms, the staff, the vibe, the cleanliness, the design, the way they make everyone feel special at every moment. The beds are so comfortable that I am going to buy one.
From the doormen, welcome desk, room service....amazing.
Barmen can have attitude, just be confident.

Room Tip: Spend as much money as you can afford to get the best possible room. Be nice to the staff and they w...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear RuinOfTheState,

Thank you for your great feedback. It is always a pleasure to hear of the overall experiences of our guests. I very am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square.
I am particularly delighted to receive such warming notes on my team. These are greatly appreciated and I will definitely be sharing these with them.

I look forward to your return.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The well thought out design makes the small rooms feel spacious. Very modern, very functional and very cool. Great location and an easy walk to restaurants and bars.

And its pronounced "Lester Square".

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear TheBrewmaster18,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback. It’s good to hear the overall experience from guests such as yours. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including the location and the style of our interiors.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have stayed in many hotels in London over the years and have grown accustom to the lack of detail and service provided to "loyal" guests, so I have a through understanding of what to expect while here on business. Here are a list of "complaints".

1) The W hotel in Leicester Square has a terrible overall staff. I checked in on a Sunday at 5pm, and there was only 1 room that was clean. I find this a little disturbing considering that check out for non Platinum guests is at noon. Unless, of course, 99% of the guests staying in the hotel were platinum SPG members, which is a little hard to fathom.

2) This particular W hotel has adopted its modern and "art" look at the cost of functionality in the rooms. In the "Wonderful" room that I am stationed in has a center console in the room. There is a small "bathroom" sink on one side of the table, and a high top "desk" space with a high chair. So the intention is to place my laptop, next to the sink where I will be washing my hands and face.

3) There is only 1 outlet in the entire room located under the center console. The room is not small by any means, it is a decent size hotel room, but the lack of outlets makes me feel as if I am living in Amish Pennsylvania, running an electrical socket from the neighboring town to this "artistic" center console taking up space in my room. No, there are not any sockets beside the bed or nightstands, and to reach the sockets the lamps are plugged into would require a Black and Decker EPC18CA drill.

4) There are florescent purple and blue lights under the nightstands that cannot be turned off. Sexy time anyone?

5) The rooms on the Western side of the building face Wardour Street, where China Town restaurants begin, so the rooms smell like dim sum, and fried pork spring rolls.

6) The "Whatever/Whenever" concierge hot line consistently has staff that does not speak loudly, and hardly speak English. I asked for a US Power Adapter, and received a record player. Not joking.

7) The thought of an SPG lifetime platinum member getting any sort of upgrade to a larger room, or room on a higher floor is blasphemous.

8) Standard W fails for Platinum guests, no lounge, no free hot breakfast, and lack of service.

Room Tip: Maybe a suite or room on a higher floor would be better?
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank TKHAL33
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear TKHAL33,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectation.

I can understand your frustration. We experience high occupancy of SPG guests during weekends and as part of their benefit majority of them request late departure which limits our availability. We also have to ensure that the guests checking in are allocated to the correct room type in accordance to their bookings. Having said this, I will certainly share your feedback with the relevant heads of department to ensure that the highest level of service and standards are met at all times.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and I hope you will consider returning to W London – Leicester Square in the not so distant future. Please feel free to contact me when you plan your next visit as I would like to oversee your stay personally. You can reach me via email on coen.vanniersen@whotels.com