“Slic stylish hotel”

W London Leicester Square
Ranked #401 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Slid stylish with a location second-to-none, if you tourist streaks and close proximity to Soho and all the theaters. Rooms are though quite small and I feel a bit overpriced.

Bed is very nice, love the pillows.

Enjoy the ambient of the hotel but St Martin Lane but tops it though. Had some great parties in the W Lounge.

Room Tip: Avoid 731 unless you like accessible room. I don't.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear DvdinChina,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience including our excellent location. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

We look forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for W London Leicester Square

Reviewed 10 May 2014

W-hotel is anything but ordinary. The entry feels like walking into a club, including the 'bouncer' type of welcome. Things that pick up once you enter the lobby on the first floor. The hotel is literally in the heart of London's nightlife, which comes at a price: The street noise and club beats.
But all that aside, the place has a certain style to it. If you don't mind the lack of daylight (or any light) then this place feels excellent. The rooms are well designed. Efficient, yet not 'packed'. The finishing is a true differentiator, including the make-your-own-cocktail minibar. Good beds with many pillows (an undervalued USP).
One thing i miss (in most hotels), the master switch to turn all the lights off. Once i get to the room, last thing i want to do is go an an easter egg hunt to switch off all its cleverly positioned indirect lighting.
The staff was very correct and helpful. I did ask to be moved to a less noisy room because of the 2am club 'boom', but they turned that experience around with flair the second night. This gives me the comfort to book again, since I trust they go out of their way to facilitate these requests. I might however reconsider if i had to make a last-minute booking without this flexibility.
The a-la-carte breakfast is a full length above average and worth taking an extra half an hour for.
In short, the quality of the room and the helpful desk staff makes this an excellent place to stay when taking on central London's nightlife.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Bas W,

Thank you for sharing your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

It is really helpful to have this feedback from you – both positive and constructive. I am sorry to hear about your experience on the first day, however equally pleased to hear that my team managed to assist you on your second day.

I look forward to your return. Whatever you need whenever you need it, just ask.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

One of the most convenient place for wandering around in London!

China town is behind this hotel building, tons of bars, restaurants, theatres, authentic shirts makers area near by. Never imagined how convenient this place would be, since I have lived in London for 8 years.

The bar and restaurant in the hotel were also great.
Only one thing I found inconvenient was that they did not allow free wifi connectin for What's up users. My friends from outside UK contacting me through this application. But for no connection to What's Up, I was "escorted" by security guards in the lounge! bar and night club upstairs until I found my friends.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Gastronut4dance,

It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful comments from our guests. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience including our excellent location. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best. However, I was sorry to hear that you had difficulty in connecting to free Wi-Fi in the W Lounge. I hope this did not cause too much of inconvenience to you.

Once again thank you and I hope you will return to W London – Leicester Square in the not too distance future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the W hotel London on Saturday 3rd May with my husband, it's the third time we've stayed. We were in London for my birthday and although at no point did I let them know it was my birthday weekend treat I still felt very special. We booked the standard room as knew we would be spending minimal time in the room itself, previously we've had the screening suite which I absolutely love.....the bed shakes from within for effect when the movie gets louder!?! Watching Superman was awesome! I would absolutely say this is a place for couples and friends who want to have fun particularly the standard rooms as the music is quite loud in them which wasn't a problem for us as we knew what to expect.

The rooms are quirky which I love and having the bathroom counter in the middle of the room makes it feel spacious and really very functional at the same time. Having the spice market downstairs is a fantastic plus, the service and food are fantastic so very much worth a visit as is the bar and club at night if you like a bit of old school R&B (I do!!!!) and fantastic cocktails. I wish the curtain in the club had've been open on Saturday as I love the view out to Leicester Square.

Staff are all wonderful and friendly...we've just booked to go back again this Saturday night!!!

Room Tip: Lower floors are much noisier!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear not-my-dolly,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear that both you and your husband enjoyed your W experience including your time in Spice Market. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

I look forward to your return this weekend. Whatever you need whenever you need it, just ask.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

stayed here 2 months ago with my cousin, were both young girls so i guess the assumed we were in london for partying so they placed us in a room directly above the bar, the noise in the room was so bad could not get to sleep because of the music, when we finally got to sleep we were woken up by loud cars outside the hotel it was ridiculous! When i booked the room i asked for a twin room but when we checked in they said they were unable to give us one as there was none available which i was disappointed with! The second night they moved us to a quitter room but it was still really loud so they again moved us which i was pleased with but it wasn't what i expected staying at the W!
The hotel itself is outstanding, never seen a nicer hotel in the UK but if you want a good sleep don't stay here! Also the bar was very pricey and the staff made me feel very uncomfortable as i am a young girl they seemed to ignore me and take orders from the more mature groups!
i would stay here again if i was here to party but not for a good sleep, overall it was not a very good experience even though the hotel is amazing!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Rachel-d-2222,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear that you and your cousin’s stay with us at W London – Leicester Square did not meet the level of expectation that we strive to achieve for each one of our guests.

We take the feedback of our guests seriously and we value each point made to ensure that we maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from a W Hotel. I appreciate your point with regards to the noise from the cars. Having said this as hoteliers this situation was beyond our control.

I hope you will return to W London – Leicester Square on your next visit. Please let me know when you plan your next stay as I would like to oversee your reservation personally. You can reach me via email on coen.vanniersen@whotels.com

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am a big fan of W Hotels and this one did not disappoint.

You are greeted by friendly, helpful concierge type chaps when you arrive and they wisk off your car and park it. Then you take the elevator up to the first floor, where check-in is efficient and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble.

I had a corner studio suite, which was a wall of windows bringing plenty of light and windows which actually opened, so really nice to have fresh air rather than just air con. The room has everything you would need, but I have to say I didn’t like the hairdryer being connected to the wall in the closet, meaning you had to dry your hair standing up by the door. That was a bit strange.

The bathroom is well equipped and I love Bliss products, so was more than happy. I like the colored light too, very relaxing.

I had a drink in the bar before going out. The service is good and the crowd is mixed. It's clearly an 'after work hangout' as I don't think I have seen so many suites in one place for a while. There were young and old alike, although I suspect after about 10pm once the music is pumping it turns into a younger hang out. Drinks were average for London, so no surprises there.

I would definitely stay here again. The location is perfect, the experience was great and I was not disappointed. All the things we want in a hotel stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be better if you want to open the windows.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Sallyc19,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

Coen Van Niersen

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The location is great being just off Leicester Square and easily within walking distance of all the fun places. We stayed in a junior suite and we were not disappointed. The decor was very modern and funky as one would expect from the W chain, the room and bathroom were large and had all the comforts of home. The club downstairs was very good and stayed open till late. A great fun place and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Reg K,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience.
W is a contemporary design lead lifestyle brand. Our rooms are intended maximise space and offer a unique experience. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed the design and layout of your room.