“In the middle of the action”

W London Leicester Square
Ranked #397 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

There's hardly more central than the W. It's exactly what you'd expect. Trendy, design, hip. At the evening it was like walking into a night club.
If this what you're looking for you probably found the best spot in London.
We had a couple of hick-ups. First at check-in with our luggage which didn't follow and was left at the entrance unattended. Second time at check out when, although requested our car wasn't there which left us standing around for 15 minutes with a train to catch...
Reception dealt with the complaints professionally and also afterwards we were contacted to address the issues. All very correct and friendly.
Our room 204 was nice, spacious and absolutely sound proof. This was originally a concern with the hotels night club and the partying outside but was not a problem at all. Breakfast doesn't start till 8am so we left without ...

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Lars S,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

‘Keep in tune with what’s new and next at W London – Leicester Square’

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

This review is for the hotel. I love it. The room is a tad smaller than most US hotel rooms. It was clean, friendly staff and I had a great stay. The restroom situation is kind if odd. Both the shower and toilet are in the main entrance of the room and are not enclosed to get her they are separate. This was odd at first but by the second night it did not phase my friend and I. the W has a great location. You can hear some noise from outside but it wasn't too bad. We walked practically everywhere hardly took the cab and never took the tube. Which is good. You get some exercise in and you get to see the beautiful city of London. I can't wait to go back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Cass323,

It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful comments from our guests and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience and in particular our friendly team. These comments are greatly appreciated and I have already shared these with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just WOW! Everything here is to die for! Excelent atmosphere, very comfy and modern rooms, great value, amazing location! Had a wonderful stay! Hope to go back very very soon, I just love the W concept!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear marianarc,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience with us. I have already shared your wonderful comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best and I look forward to your return. Whatever you need whenever you need it, just ask.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Location is perfect in London as it is central for everything in walking distance or close to the Tube. The room was very large for Europe and the bed super comfy. I am a light sleeper and there was always someone running down the halls. I followed everyone's advice to stay on a higher floor to avoid the bar/lounge and that helped. You cannot beat Bliss Spa amenities!

Getting to the hotel is super easy. Took the Tube from Eurostar and then the Tube to Heathrow.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor if you want a little more quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Browniela,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience including the amenities in our AWAY Spa. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was blown away by my recent stay at the W Leicester Square. Most amazing room, great dining, fantastic service. My best stay in London in years.

For perspective, I'm an SPG Platinum and always stay at a Starwood Hotel in London -- I visit almost monthly from San Francisco, so have gotten to know the properties very well. For the first time, I chose to stay at the W.

I had been hesitant because I had heard that the rooms were small and of course have seen how many people are in and around Leicester Square had given me concern about noise.

I was greeted at the desk as if they had been eagerly awaiting my arrival. I was upgraded to a Wow Suite -- among the best hotel rooms I've ever had -- certainly among the very best suites at W Hotels in the chain (including the great Asian properties and many in the US).

I mostly want to point out the extremely good service that is provided by the W Insider at this property. Jess is amazing, on top of everything and a huge advocate for her loyal guests. Jess is just one of many incredible W Insiders who are connected on a global basis.

Final point on food, had both breakfast and lunch at Spice Market. It's as good as the original in NYC. A great addition to this fantastic property. Well worth a drink or a meal. I strongly suggest the ginger margarita.

Thank you again W!

Room Tip: Suites are amazing
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear drosen85,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and I have already shared your wonderful comments with Jessica and have personally thanked her and I will share your note with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

I am also very pleased to hear your enjoyed your cocktails in our W Lounge and dining experience in our Spice Market.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

You do not feel exclusive as a hotel guest as they have clubbers who frequent this hotel a lot for party and drinking. This hotel is good if you like to party but too noisy for a restful sleep.
Hotel rooms are small like most hotels in London but what was bad was the separate cubicle toilet and shower room, since it it too small, the basin is sharing the same table as the study table, which is a tall big table. What was bad was the water spilling out from the shower cubicle, making the floor wet and dangerous. We nearly fell due to the slippery floor when we got up at night for the toilet.
However, the design looks cool to me at the lobby area, I had a cocktail there while my fiancé had tea but he got a cup stained with lipstick but the waitress was good, she changed it for him immediately.
The welcome desk staffs are not nice, as the fire alarm rang one early morning, we got up in a rush and changed as per the announcement, but shortly after, we were told its a false alarm. What was bad about the staffs were that they commented that they can't do anything, it was some guest, maybe drunk and accidentally pressed the alarm, the front desk guy even said that at least it proved the alarm is working and he is totally not apologetic at all. Should guests be woken up this way? Should guests be answered in this manner?
Verdict: go for cocktails, they are good, that's all.

Room Tip: Choose the suite if you like bigger space
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Noemicello

Dear Stefmouse,

Thank you for sharing your review. I am sorry that the experience failed to Wow you as much as it should have. We take the feedback of our guests seriously and we strive to maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from a W Hotel.

Thank you for your kind words on my team, these are greatly appreciated and I have already shared this with them. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our Cocktails in our W Lounge.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back. If you do decide to return to W London please let me know as I would like to personally oversee your reservation. You can reach me via email on coen.vanniersen@whotels.com

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Slid stylish with a location second-to-none, if you tourist streaks and close proximity to Soho and all the theaters. Rooms are though quite small and I feel a bit overpriced.

Bed is very nice, love the pillows.

Enjoy the ambient of the hotel but St Martin Lane but tops it though. Had some great parties in the W Lounge.

Room Tip: Avoid 731 unless you like accessible room. I don't.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear DvdinChina,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience including our excellent location. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

We look forward to your return.