“Never again”

Ranked #387 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Never again”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

As an experienced 5 star traveller, this is the first time I've felt compelled to warn people about a hotel. If you want a decent nights sleep, don't stay here! I am used to the party scene but I don't want to sleep in a nightclub! The buildings glass structure seems to hold all the noise within. I stayed on the 3rd floor and could hear the heavy base music and vocals (it was that loud) to every track coming from the club next to reception on the 1st floor. 1 am, I decided to complain and was told that this is what a W hotel is about... on a Wednesday night? 1:30 music went off. 2:30 finally slept due to massive headache. Night and next day ruined. Even worse is the 'concierge'. More like club bouncers with the attitude (and clothes) to match. The entrance is roped off after 6pm (to separate clubbers and hotel guests). We were told where not to stand as we'll 'get in the way' and the usual chip on the shoulder was very evident. Seriously, I have seen nothing like it at any hotel lol. We had a 'Spectacular King Size Room' (upmarket Ikea). You will be far better off staying around the corner at the Premier Inn or try Claridges or The Langham for some real service.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
4 Thank Will O
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Will O

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am sorry that the experience failed to Wow you as much as it should have. We take the feedback of our guests seriously and we value each point made to ensure that we maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from a W Hotel.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back again. When you next decide to return to W London please let me know as I would like to personally oversee your reservation. You can reach me on coen.vanniersen@whotels.com

‘Keep in tune with what’s new and next at W London – Leicester Square’

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great hotel and location for being able to walk and see most everything in London. Lots of restaurants to choose from nearby and quick walk to a variety of shopping areas. Comfortable room and friendly staff.

Room Tip: It can be loud on the weekends if you stay close to the club so request a room as far away as availa...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear DanaMoody,

Thank you for sharing your great review. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

I hope to see you again soon.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The W London is a in the perfect location for sightseeing and exploring all of London epically the West End of the city. The property is only a three years old and has a great living room / bar style lobby. It is located on Leicester Square where there are Pubs, restaurants and theaters all within walking distance. The scene is like Times Square around Leicester Square but the hotel is an island of calm with a nice upscale party atmosphere in the lobby living room area. The rooms are unique, they have a central island with the sink and vanity area which is just very practical and cool. The standard rooms are not very big in size but very comfortable due to the unique layout. This is one of the nicest W hotels I have visited. The airport is 40 minutes away by the underground subway which stops at Leicester Square and a bargain for around 4 pounds. There is an official discount ticket booth for plays and theater located right in the square (like TKTKS in New York). Covent Garden, Soho and all the tourist arrears are just a 5 minute walk away. All the museums in London are free to the public and are outstanding. Take a walk down to the river and ride the London Eye or buy a one day underground pass and ride the subway all day to other parts of the city.

Room Tip: Higher Floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mario0355

WOW!

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I love the W chain but have to say that this one is a bit too pricey even for London. Its location is perfect if you are in London to sightsee and want to get everywhere quickly - can reach all the main sights by foot. The rooms are small but that's London for you, but clean and the service is great. Would recommend if you have money to spend but otherwise there are better value for money hotels around central London.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear polinapetrova,

Thank you for sharing your review. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your W experience. We take the feedback of our guests seriously and we strive to maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from a W Hotel. I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to Wow as much as we should have.

If you do decide to return to W London please let me know as I will personally oversee your reservation. coen.vanniersen@whotels.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the W London on Saturday and were so happy with our choice.

We have stayed in a few W hotels around the world and this has definetely been the best so far.

The rooms are really amazing with ultra modern facilities and gorgeous smelling Bliss toiletries. Everything you could possibly need is kept stocked in the room: iron, ironing board, good quality hair drier, extra toiletries including toothbrush and razor and so much more. Considering the hotel is right in the middle of Leicester Square, the rooms are silent and you have the option of opening your window too.

The location is perfect for all tourist attractions in London. Covent Garden, Oxford Street, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, etc are all walking distance away.

The mini bar was stocked with lots of premium spirits, champagnes and food complete with a cocktail shaker and glasses to mix up your own concoctions.

The staff are so helpful and friendly - you really feel like they go out of their way to help you. The security is tight on the front of the hotel which I love. You weren't allowed in unless you were a resident or had a booking in the bar/ club/ restaurant.

The bar serves beautiful afternoon tea during the day and then in the evening it is transformed with huge speakers and a DJ for a completely different atmosphere. The cocktails are great too.

We ordered breakfast too the room and it arrived in 20 mins and was hot, fresh and tasty!

This hotel definetely has a younger, 'party' vibe. Although we liked this, we were woken up a couple of times during the night by other guests partying in their rooms. We were woken up at 4am to next doors rendition of 'We Will Rock You' complete with stomping and clapping! It didn't affect our stay too much but just a warning incase you want a relaxing hotel - this isn't it!

FYI: Taxi to Liverpool Street Station is about £10-15.

We'd defintely stay here again.

1 Thank Kelly E
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
WOW! Thank you for sharing your fantastic review with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the comforts of our room, your Rock Afternoon tea including our excellent location.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked on last minute.com for secret hotel and were rewarded with the W hotel in Leicester square. Coming from the country and used to staying in upmarket traditional hotels we could not have come across an experience more different! For 2 nearly 50 something's this was a trip out of our comfort zone and more! We were greeted in the nightclub style lobby by a very friendly member of staff who directed us to the reception on the first floor. The reception staff were fabulous. Friendly, helpful and let us check into our room early along with complimentary drinks at the bar later. Our room was fun and different. The bed was so comfortable and being right in the centre of lively london we never heard a thing. The location of this hotel is superb and we were able to walk to almost everything we wanted to see without any problem. We will be back and next time will be taking our teenage daughters with us. Thanks for a great time and to your very friendly and welcoming staff

Dear Shona G,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience with us including the comforts of our room. I have already shared your wonderful comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

Once again, thank you and I hope to see you soon at W London – Leicester Square.

Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This W is the reason I shifted most of my credit card spend to the SPG Amex. It is the perfect location in central London, and I found that I really didn't need to load up my Oyster underground pass as I could visit all of my favorite places on foot. I like that this hotel has strong security measures, with evenings having a velvet rope with security. Late afternoon, beverage service came around to the room asking if cocktails were needed. The exterior of the property uses ambient light and changes colors day and night. The rooms were very well designed, with no inch wasted. The shower experience was one of the best in a hotel I've found. As with all Ws, the Living Room was the place to be, however, the Wyld bar was closed for "maintenance".

I would happily stay here again, and this is the best W property I've found to date.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are identical. They go up in classification based on location and view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear LinHumphrey,

WOW! Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

However, I was sorry to hear that you could not experience our Wyld Bar on this occasion. Our engineers scheduled a full maintenance programme which will be completed by end of this week.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we see you return to W London – Leicester Square soon.