“Perfect for a business trip”

W London Leicester Square
Ranked #388 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Stockholm, Sweden
“Perfect for a business trip”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel has a perfect location if you have a business trip in centre of London. The hotel has the ordinary "W-feeling" in the public areas which is good. The gym was very good. The breakfast restaurant was a little bit boring when it comes to the menu, but you are i London so be prepared.
If you are a SPG platinum member do not have any higher hopes that the staff/hotel will recognize you or anything. You are just a regular guest as everybody else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Andrew18985,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I am very pleased to hear that that you had such a positive experience during your stay with us. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best and look forward to welcoming you back again.

‘Keep in tune with what’s new and next at W London – Leicester Square’

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Shimmering curtains on the room's walls. All the lights on or all the lights off. Bathroom sink in the sleeping room and at chest height, and so shallow water splashed all over the white plastic counter. Oh that counter was identified by the hotels's operator as the "desk area". (I had to call down to ask the hotel's phone number because it was not written in the room information book & not on or near the room phones.) There is a large round plastic bar & a large white plastic & chrome stool crowding the tiny room. The Spice Market served a good breakfast but very pricey for the convenience. Dinner there was mixes up. I ordered one entree and my traveling companion ordered another. However, her's was the only one delivered. It is assumed meals are family-style so until we inquired they weren't going to cook and serve my choice until the 1st entree was eaten. Service here is sloooow. I eat and run. Spice Market expects a guest to diiinnne for hours. The best thing about this hotel was the friendliness of the door personnel.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank NYCSusie
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear NYCSuise,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square did not entirely meet the level of expectation that we strive to achieve for each one of our guests.

We take the feedback of our guests seriously and we value each point made to ensure that we maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from a W Hotel. I have shared your feedback with the management team.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

As an experienced 5 star traveller, this is the first time I've felt compelled to warn people about a hotel. If you want a decent nights sleep, don't stay here! I am used to the party scene but I don't want to sleep in a nightclub! The buildings glass structure seems to hold all the noise within. I stayed on the 3rd floor and could hear the heavy base music and vocals (it was that loud) to every track coming from the club next to reception on the 1st floor. 1 am, I decided to complain and was told that this is what a W hotel is about... on a Wednesday night? 1:30 music went off. 2:30 finally slept due to massive headache. Night and next day ruined. Even worse is the 'concierge'. More like club bouncers with the attitude (and clothes) to match. The entrance is roped off after 6pm (to separate clubbers and hotel guests). We were told where not to stand as we'll 'get in the way' and the usual chip on the shoulder was very evident. Seriously, I have seen nothing like it at any hotel lol. We had a 'Spectacular King Size Room' (upmarket Ikea). You will be far better off staying around the corner at the Premier Inn or try Claridges or The Langham for some real service.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Will O
Dear Will O

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am sorry that the experience failed to Wow you as much as it should have. We take the feedback of our guests seriously and we value each point made to ensure that we maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from a W Hotel.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back again. When you next decide to return to W London please let me know as I would like to personally oversee your reservation. You can reach me on coen.vanniersen@whotels.com

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great hotel and location for being able to walk and see most everything in London. Lots of restaurants to choose from nearby and quick walk to a variety of shopping areas. Comfortable room and friendly staff.

Room Tip: It can be loud on the weekends if you stay close to the club so request a room as far away as availa...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear DanaMoody,

Thank you for sharing your great review. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

I hope to see you again soon.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The W London is a in the perfect location for sightseeing and exploring all of London epically the West End of the city. The property is only a three years old and has a great living room / bar style lobby. It is located on Leicester Square where there are Pubs, restaurants and theaters all within walking distance. The scene is like Times Square around Leicester Square but the hotel is an island of calm with a nice upscale party atmosphere in the lobby living room area. The rooms are unique, they have a central island with the sink and vanity area which is just very practical and cool. The standard rooms are not very big in size but very comfortable due to the unique layout. This is one of the nicest W hotels I have visited. The airport is 40 minutes away by the underground subway which stops at Leicester Square and a bargain for around 4 pounds. There is an official discount ticket booth for plays and theater located right in the square (like TKTKS in New York). Covent Garden, Soho and all the tourist arrears are just a 5 minute walk away. All the museums in London are free to the public and are outstanding. Take a walk down to the river and ride the London Eye or buy a one day underground pass and ride the subway all day to other parts of the city.

Room Tip: Higher Floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mario0355

WOW!

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I love the W chain but have to say that this one is a bit too pricey even for London. Its location is perfect if you are in London to sightsee and want to get everywhere quickly - can reach all the main sights by foot. The rooms are small but that's London for you, but clean and the service is great. Would recommend if you have money to spend but otherwise there are better value for money hotels around central London.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear polinapetrova,

Thank you for sharing your review. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your W experience. We take the feedback of our guests seriously and we strive to maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from a W Hotel. I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to Wow as much as we should have.

If you do decide to return to W London please let me know as I will personally oversee your reservation. coen.vanniersen@whotels.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the W London on Saturday and were so happy with our choice.

We have stayed in a few W hotels around the world and this has definetely been the best so far.

The rooms are really amazing with ultra modern facilities and gorgeous smelling Bliss toiletries. Everything you could possibly need is kept stocked in the room: iron, ironing board, good quality hair drier, extra toiletries including toothbrush and razor and so much more. Considering the hotel is right in the middle of Leicester Square, the rooms are silent and you have the option of opening your window too.

The location is perfect for all tourist attractions in London. Covent Garden, Oxford Street, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, etc are all walking distance away.

The mini bar was stocked with lots of premium spirits, champagnes and food complete with a cocktail shaker and glasses to mix up your own concoctions.

The staff are so helpful and friendly - you really feel like they go out of their way to help you. The security is tight on the front of the hotel which I love. You weren't allowed in unless you were a resident or had a booking in the bar/ club/ restaurant.

The bar serves beautiful afternoon tea during the day and then in the evening it is transformed with huge speakers and a DJ for a completely different atmosphere. The cocktails are great too.

We ordered breakfast too the room and it arrived in 20 mins and was hot, fresh and tasty!

This hotel definetely has a younger, 'party' vibe. Although we liked this, we were woken up a couple of times during the night by other guests partying in their rooms. We were woken up at 4am to next doors rendition of 'We Will Rock You' complete with stomping and clapping! It didn't affect our stay too much but just a warning incase you want a relaxing hotel - this isn't it!

FYI: Taxi to Liverpool Street Station is about £10-15.

We'd defintely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly E
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
WOW! Thank you for sharing your fantastic review with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the comforts of our room, your Rock Afternoon tea including our excellent location.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit