“great location and experience”

W London Leicester Square
Ranked #397 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Recently stayed for 2 weekend nights. The whole experience from checkin to check out was great. They have good security at the doors. It is on the square so there is the potential for having the lounge and bar overwhelmed with visitors. That would leave no room for guests to enjoy the hotel they are paying for. So with that said, I understand the complaints about security and screening at the door but as a guest and especially on a weekend - I appreciate it.

The concierge was great and helped us get reservations at a great restaurant that we knew would be tough for us to get ourselves.

I will return!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear m5clt

WOW!

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to heat that you enjoyed your W experience
I have already shared your wonderful comments with our Concierge and I have personally thanked them, I will also share your note with the rest of the W team

I hope you will give us the opportunity to WOW you on your next visit.

‘Keep in tune with what’s new and next at W London – Leicester Square’

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

It's about the 10th time we've stayed there... and it's just the best Hotel ever !! The team is amazing. They do everything to make you happy. Upgrade to their WOW-Suite, welcome Champagne, Birthday Surprise Cake, Flowers all over... OMG. This is all sooo amazing. The Lounge and Wyld bar is always a great place to start or to finish a night... or you can easyly stay there all night long. The rooms are perfectly stlyed. You just don't want to leave this Hotel...
Thank you sooo much. Can't wait for my next stay!!

Room Tip: My preferred rooms are the cool-corner rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank afreijs

Dear afreijs,

WOW!

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience including your welcome amenity in the room for your Birthday. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Needed an emergency 5* hotel close to Leicester Square so went with lastminute.com's secret rooms operation. Although I got a good price with them I was shafted with credit card fees and their refusal to issue a VAT invoice meaning I've paid way over the odds. Lesson learnt.

That being said, I was happy to find out the hotel was the W as I've been looking at staying here before but the room rates were just too high.

The hotel's location is excellent - right in Leicester Square with easy access and surprisingly little noise. I had a room on the second floor which was large and nicely laid out. Loved the facilities on the whole.

Minibar was a bit of a mickey take (£3.50 for a chocolate bar) but this isn't unusual for a 5* hotel.

There was allegedly free wifi for one hour however I couldn't get it to work - wifi after that was horrendously expensive.

Biggest negative for me was that the hotel is also a nightclub and returning after hours means you enter with the drunks and idiots - not a pleasant lift experience.

Not sure if I'd stay again as rack rate doesn't represent a good deal and there other 5* hotels nearby at a better price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear simonp820

Thank you for sharing your review. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your W experience.

We take the feedback of our guests seriously and we value your point made for when returning back into the hotel after hours. We will review each point made to ensure that we maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from a W Hotel. I have shared your feedback with the relevant management team.

I hope you will decide to return to W London in the near future, please let me know as I would like to personally oversee your reservation. You can reach me via email on coen.vanniersen@whotels.com

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and some friends usually love going to the W for drinks. However, their head security guard might have mistaken himself as God. We were laughed at and ridiculed by this member of the W Staff. As a long time customer of the location and the hotel chain, I'm saddened this type of person even receives employment! Disgusting! The hosts of WYLD are always so friendly and gracious and must have stepped away at the moment. You give some people a little power and they think they can speak to people anyway they like to. You've lost a customer W, thank you for a night ruined.

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Norman O

Dear Norman O,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square did not meet the level of expectation that we strive to achieve for each one of our guests.

We take the feedback of our guests seriously and we value each point made to ensure that we maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from a W Hotel. I also understand that Robert Wattie, our B&F Manager has already been in touch with you.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to W London – Leicester Square. Please let me know when you plan your next stay, as I would like to oversee your reservation personally. You can reach me on coen.vanniersen@whotels.com

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The location is great...it's the time square of London. We traveled with our teens and can't ask for a better location. Theaters, shopping, restaurants are within walking dist. We walked to many places including the London eye...the streets are spotless, fun and safe to walk around.
We love the friendly and trendy staff. Bravo to them for showing us the best restaurants and for making our 20th anniversary extra special.
Thanks for your hospitality...we will be back!!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Luv2GoOnVacation,

WOW!

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to WOW you on your next visit. If you do decide to return to W London please let me know as I would like to personally oversee your reservation

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We didn t know what Kind of hotel this was until we checked in oh whow in the Heart of London very Young staff good Organisation and one of the nicest Bar and rooms we ever had Thank you coming back Again Soon the in room dining was the fastest ever

Room Tip: The wounderful room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Svea B

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best and I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time in our W Lounge as well.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I just returned from a week in Europe. Our last stop was 23 hours in London. We got tickets for Les Miserables at the Queen's Theatre, which is 1 block from the W. I am an SPG Gold, so I try to stay at SPG properties when I can. The W was right in the middle of Leicester (pronounced Lester for us ignorant Americans! You should have seen the looks I got when I said Lie-Chester!) Square. I know that the W's can be a "funky" property, and some of the reviews are not glowing. But we decided on the W for SPG and location. We were NOT disappointed! OK, so it is "hip", whatever that really means. It is a nice property. We were greeted immediately, and very pleasantly at the front door by a bellman. Didn't need any assistance with the 1 carry on bag, so they graciously told us to go to the lobby to register. When we took the elevator to the lobby, registration was right there. Bernardo checked us in. Some of the reviews say that the front desk was "snotty", "rude", and "condescending". This could have not been further from what we encountered. Bernardo was excellent and went out of his way to be courteous and gracious. Registration was quick, and we got a great room. YES, the hallways are dimly lit. But the room was great! We heard NO loud music which bothered us and we had a great night's sleep! YES, it is expensive. But every hotel around Leicester Square was. And London is. But for location convenience, and quality of the rooms, and the staff, we would definitely stay at the W London again!

1  Thank Eyedoc44

Dear Eyedoc44

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience. I have already shared your comments with Bernardo and the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best and we all look forward tow welcoming you back again.

It would be great to have you with us again, please let us know when. You can contact me on coen.vanniersen@whotels.com