“Greate place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #391 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Milan, Italy
“Greate place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I love W Hotel, all around the world, and London one is a very good one.
Location is very conveninet, few steps from Piccadilly Circus.
Standard rooms are small, but cozy and nice, but not well equipped in terms of amenities.
A good choice in London!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear MFGT,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our W London experience. What pleases me the most is the fact that you appreciated our location, the design of our hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

‘Keep in tune with what’s new and next at W London – Leicester Square’

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just had a great weekend in London, we love to stay at the W.

The location is convenient, right in the heart of Leicester Square.

The bar is great and changes atmosphere through the day, until very late in the evening/morning :) .......and they serve great light snacks, lunches and afternoon tea too.

The Spice Market serves a beautiful breakfast, and the most delicious lunches and evening dinners, (even if you're not staying at the hotel, I recommend the Spice Market).

The rooms are beautifully compact, stylish, creatively lit, and have all the amenities that you need for a great nights sleep. Breakfast in bed is perfect, and beautifully presented, and tasted superb.

I love the snack bar, its full of naughties !

The staff are attentive, helpful and friendly, and when you enter the W, it kind of feels a little exclusive as the entrance is a little hidden away, and its like an Oasis from the storm of London....give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in have been perfect. If you're wanting peace and quiet, let the te...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Tracey006,

Thank you for your great review.

Thank you for your great review. I am delighted to hear that once again enjoyed your W experience with us including your time in our W Lounge and dinner in Spice Market. We are glad that you have enjoyed our interiors as well and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

As a frequent biz traveler, and a loyal SPG platinum member, one expects good service. W Leicester Square exceeded my expectations. From a staff who recognized me as a patron (it's also a super hip spot), to the exceptional treatment, I feel compelled to give a resoundingly positive review.

The people, and building are top notch. They know how to treat their customers, it's a great, modern, well kept and manicured property. From great restaurant suggestions, to friendly employees, to room service that is there almost immediately, all around it's far exceeded my expectations. And as someone who has stayed at 25+ different SPG properties this is saying something.

For those who are concerned that Leicester Square is like Times Square, the hotel isn't really on Leicester Square. It's adjacent to it. It really should be called the W Chinatown or really the W Soho (that's what I would suggest). Centrally located and accessible to all the fun stuff. From hidden gems and pubs and amazing restaurants, to all the touristy stuff one may want to do, this is great hotel and I resoundingly recommend it to any traveler, whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
1 Thank Andrew S
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Andrew S

WOW!

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your W experience. I am very happy to hear that we managed to exceed your expectations. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

Once gain thank you and I hope you will give us the opportunity to WOW you on your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Modern, glamourous, excellent service! I enjoyed every aspect of my stay starting from a smooth check-in experience and ending with the beautiful dining and bar areas! Amazing music selection in the evenings!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear m5clt

WOW!

Thank you for your fantastic review. I am delighted to heat that you enjoyed your W experience
I have already shared your wonderful comments with our Welcome Desk and with the rest of the W team of what we do best!

I look forward to seeing you at W London – Leicester Square.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Recently stayed for 2 weekend nights. The whole experience from checkin to check out was great. They have good security at the doors. It is on the square so there is the potential for having the lounge and bar overwhelmed with visitors. That would leave no room for guests to enjoy the hotel they are paying for. So with that said, I understand the complaints about security and screening at the door but as a guest and especially on a weekend - I appreciate it.

The concierge was great and helped us get reservations at a great restaurant that we knew would be tough for us to get ourselves.

I will return!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear m5clt

WOW!

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to heat that you enjoyed your W experience
I have already shared your wonderful comments with our Concierge and I have personally thanked them, I will also share your note with the rest of the W team

I hope you will give us the opportunity to WOW you on your next visit.

Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

It's about the 10th time we've stayed there... and it's just the best Hotel ever !! The team is amazing. They do everything to make you happy. Upgrade to their WOW-Suite, welcome Champagne, Birthday Surprise Cake, Flowers all over... OMG. This is all sooo amazing. The Lounge and Wyld bar is always a great place to start or to finish a night... or you can easyly stay there all night long. The rooms are perfectly stlyed. You just don't want to leave this Hotel...
Thank you sooo much. Can't wait for my next stay!!

Room Tip: My preferred rooms are the cool-corner rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank afreijs
Dear afreijs,

WOW!

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience including your welcome amenity in the room for your Birthday. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Needed an emergency 5* hotel close to Leicester Square so went with lastminute.com's secret rooms operation. Although I got a good price with them I was shafted with credit card fees and their refusal to issue a VAT invoice meaning I've paid way over the odds. Lesson learnt.

That being said, I was happy to find out the hotel was the W as I've been looking at staying here before but the room rates were just too high.

The hotel's location is excellent - right in Leicester Square with easy access and surprisingly little noise. I had a room on the second floor which was large and nicely laid out. Loved the facilities on the whole.

Minibar was a bit of a mickey take (£3.50 for a chocolate bar) but this isn't unusual for a 5* hotel.

There was allegedly free wifi for one hour however I couldn't get it to work - wifi after that was horrendously expensive.

Biggest negative for me was that the hotel is also a nightclub and returning after hours means you enter with the drunks and idiots - not a pleasant lift experience.

Not sure if I'd stay again as rack rate doesn't represent a good deal and there other 5* hotels nearby at a better price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear simonp820

Thank you for sharing your review. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your W experience.

We take the feedback of our guests seriously and we value your point made for when returning back into the hotel after hours. We will review each point made to ensure that we maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from a W Hotel. I have shared your feedback with the relevant management team.

I hope you will decide to return to W London in the near future, please let me know as I would like to personally oversee your reservation. You can reach me via email on coen.vanniersen@whotels.com