“Very Modern; Convenient to Theaters”

W London Leicester Square
Ranked #393 of 1,068 Hotels in London
EL DORADO HILLS
“Very Modern; Convenient to Theaters”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is the most modern hotel I have ever been in. Technology throughout the room, shower, toilet, sink and room decoration. Location is the heart of the theater district, yet the price was fair. You can walk to all theaters comfortably. It is surrounded by all sorts of good restaurants. Many different tours are accessible nearby. It is colocated with a very active night club. Take advantage of it. Dress up a bit. Mingle with people from many different nationalities who come to this club because they know it is a hot spot. Be sure to ask for any amenities you might like. For example, we were used to a coffee service in the room and ice down the hall and were initially dismayed not to find them. Not to worry! Just call the lobby and ice and coffee service were instantly delivered to the room. Just ask. They have it all and are eager to help. The doorman was very helpful as was the bartender.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, room 410. Lots of activity to be seen out the window, but blackout curtai...
Green Features: Like everyone else, they offer the possibility of deferring laundry
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear tonyb48

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience with us including the comforts of your room. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

‘Keep in tune with what’s new and next at W London – Leicester Square’

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Having read so many negative reviews, we really wondered if we made the right choice. We chose this hotel mainly because we wanted to be able to walk back from the theatre at night.

We just returned from a 6 night stay and I am happy to report that we definitely made the right choice!

We asked for a quiet floor and were given a room on the 6th (there are 7). Although the room was not large, it was so well organized and so bright and modern, we felt it was larger than actuality. Everything is new, technically up to date (more than we are!). Although the first floor bar is very lively, we didn't hear it and our room was very quiet.

When I read about the sink in the room and the situation of the toilet and of the shower, I thought OMG. But it is so well designed and we were pleasantly surprised.

As someone else mentioned, steps outside is Chinatown and Soho, both lots of fun.

But the piece de resistance was the service. We have been in all kinds of hotels, but this one wins the prize for best service. The staff is young, enthusiastic and very welcoming. Their aim is to please, there is no doubt.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know and feel confident that they will love it.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 6th floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear babylene,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience including our location and the design of our rooms. Your feedback is important to us and I will certainly share this with my entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

San Terenziano
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel is located right in the bull's eye of Leicester Square. Whatever you imagine is in proximity, China town is feet away, Piccadilly Circus is a 3 minute walk. Pubs, restaurants, coffee shops including Starbucks, Costas, Nero is al there. The rooms are spacious, white, and very comfortable. The loo, the standup shower, and the sink are all geographically separated within the room. The sink is smack in the middle of the room. No coffee making facilities but was provided to us when we requested for it. The hotel is security conscious with strict access starting in the evening. Due to the central location, noise is expected. However, the windows are well noise insulated (not 100%), We travelled as a family with young children and we all enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nabil C,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience including our excellent location. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

I have noted your comments on tea/coffee facilities, which we indeed offer on request. Please let us know if you have an SPG profile with us so that I can add this preference for your future stays.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

London
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for one night. As soon as we arrived we were bowled over by the standard of service. Our room wasn't ready, but they gave us free drinks at the bar (anything we wanted). We were also asked whether we had plans for lunch and dinner and when we answered no, the staff were extremely helpful in helpful in finding us something that suited our needs. The room was stunning, but for the money we paid I have never stayed in anything so small. The only difference between the marvellous, spectacular and fabulous rooms is the price and the view from the hotel window. We were 'upgraded' to the fabulous room (the highest standard of the 3 rooms stated above) and the view looked out onto 'Leicester square' - which was actually a building site. I would not recommend spending the money on a fabulous room. Pay for a marvellous, or upgrade to a suite. The rooms in between are a waste of money. Also, there is no swimming pool. But if you are after an awesome location, trendy hotel and great service, this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2014
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear MrsJacquiK

We take the feedback of our guests seriously and we value your points made we are always looking for ways to improve on our guests’ experiences. I would like to thank you for your kind words on my team these are greatly appreciated and I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We went for a few beers and thought it was excellent, the quality of the fit out is second to none. The beers, ambience, lighting and service were well worth the price charged for the drinks. Would definitely be making a visit on my next trip to London.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear money301981

Thank you for your great review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your W experience with us including your time in our W Lounge and the ambience.

We are also glad to hear your positive notes on FIT and we are looking forward to welcome you again for another great experience.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here in January of this year , the entrance was nothing to shout about but we where pretty pleased with the reception staff and out room . The room was really modern with a fantastic bathroom loved all the mirrors in the bathroom .... Bed was comfortable the only downside to the room was that it over looked the gym so when u opened your curtains there where people working out :/
Loved the chilled feel of the bar with comfortable lounging seats where you can put your feet up and have a nice glass of champagne while listening to the dj play some chill out tunes !!
The position of the hotel is ideal for the theatres and shops !
Would probably stay her again .

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Francine R
Dear Francine R,

Thank you for sharing your review. I am very pleased to hear that overall you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including your time in our W Lounge. Your kind words on my team are greatly appreciated and I have already shared these with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family stayed at the W hotel last week for 2 nights and found it to be very modern. The rooms were unlike anything I've seen before- mirrors everywhere, even disguising the bathroom door. I loved the uniqueness of the rooms. Part of the experience at the W is the club. At night, people start to line up outside to get into the club. It was strange to come back from dinner with the family and feel like we were walking into the nightclub when, in fact, we were just going to our rooms. We thought the club would seem more separate from the hotel, so we were surprised to find that you could hear the loud music in our rooms on the third floor and even the bustling of the clabbers outside our sixth floor rooms. Due to how booked the hotel was, we were unable to switch to quieter rooms and were also told that "well, it's a hip hotel" so we should have expected the noise. If you are ready to party through the night then this is the place for you. If you're with kids or just want to get some sleep, pick a different hotel.

Room Tip: Higher up, away from the elevators
Green Features: Encouraged guests to save water by hanging up towels
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear CarolineEIW,

Thank you for sharing your review. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your W experience. I am pleased to hear you liked the unique design of our rooms. We greatly appreciate your feedback both positive and constructive. However, I was sorry to hear you were distracted by the music from our W Lounge. I can also understand that at times it can be quite challenging to control the level of sound from this area. Notwithstanding this, I have shared your feedback with the management team to ensure standards are met at all times.

I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again. When you next decide to return to W London please let me know as I would like to personally oversee your reservation. You can reach me via email on coen.vanniersen@whotels.com