“Excellent comfortable rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #383 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent comfortable rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed here last Friday for one night, the location is excellent although you do have to go to the first floor to check in the staff are very helpful and accommodating
The rooms are by far the best thing about the hotel, modern, mirrored walls and very comfortable, with all amenities you could need, steer clear of the mini bar as a cans of coke are £4 !!
Overall I would stay in this hotel again if only for the rooms

• Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear NICOLA20132013,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful comments from our guests and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us including the décor and comfort of your room.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit

Coen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

The location of the W is perfect. In the heart of Leicester Square, close to Covent Garden and Picadilly you are close to Theatreland and shopping. Staff were helpful and friendly without being intrusive . I had such a comfortable stay I can't recommend the bed highly enough. I was on the 4th floor and was not bothered by any noise although the bar and nightclub were busy. I was lucky enough to get a deal on lastminute for this hotel and really enjoyed my luxury stay in the West End.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and back of the hotel even more so
Green Features: Excellent Green bonus points for Preferred Guest Members
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Location
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Pros: The location is great, in Leicester Square and literally on the corner of China Town, there are tons of restaurants and things to do right outside the hotel. The beds are super comfy and the room is a great size for being in London. Room service was fast, tasty and willing to accommodate requests.

Cons: It's a little weird that the shower and wc are actually IN the main room and only separated by a false wall - if you're sharing the room with someone else this can get a little awkward and the shower water spills out onto the floor of the main room no matter how you try to use the mat. The club downstairs meant that you had to get past bouncers and sometimes hordes of club-goers to get back to your room after dark.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
Dear Jenna W,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience including our central location. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit

Jersey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

A very central location so handy when doing shopping to pop back. Staff very helpful and accomodating. The bedrooms a little on the small side but did not spend a lot of time during the day there. Breakfast good with a selection of cereals, and tea and coffee was nice and hot. A bit on the expensive side but have to expect that in London.

Room Tip: London hotels are expensive so this one is as good as any I have been to but would visit again.
Green Features: I didn't notice any Eco practices in the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear 2flowerpots,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback regarding your recent visit to W London. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I have already shared your wonderful comments on breakfast with our Chef and with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what we do best!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Had a great time at this hotel. We live quite close to London but wanted the opportunity of not having to rush for the last train home. The hotel is in an excellent location - as central to the west end as you could ever hope. The staff were really helpful - and we were offered a free upgrade with no hesitation. The rooms are a good size for Central London - and the bar area in the middle of the room is different in a good way. Beds comfortable, tv stations as you would expect. The bar area is very big and a good place to relax. Would definitely look to stay here again!

Room Tip: If you can get an upgrade you get free movies, free wi-fi and a slightly bigger room - well worth it...
Green Features: All good from what we could see. You were made aware of the importance of re-using towels etc
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ian G
Dear Ian G,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W experience including the comforts of your room. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best and we all look forward to welcoming you back again for another great stay!

Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel is in a great Location and is near the tube station. The only thing that is poor that the cleaning services was a let down.
When we arrived at 4pm the room was not ready ! when we finally reached the room it was very dusty also there was hairs on the floor. We asked for our room to have turndown service at 8pm and when we got back to the room that evening it had not been done!! When your paying a high rate I would expect the room to be clean. On the second day our room bin had not been emptied.
Reception service was also slow. It is a real shame!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Jane s
Dear Jane S

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry that the experience failed to Wow you as much as it should have. We take the feedback of our guests seriously and we value each point made to ensure that we maintain the level of extraordinary service that is expected from a W Hotel. I have shared your feedback with the management team.

I hope you will decide to return to W London in the near future, please let me know as I would like to personally oversee your reservation. coen.vanniersen@whotels.com

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Upon check in, I was informed that the hotel was facing high occupancy and because of that my room was not immediately ready. The guy at the front desk mentioned he just moved to London from Dubai, and you could genuinely tell he was trying is best to find me a room in his system.

While I waited for him to sort that out, I found myself at the bar (Not that difficult really) and got myself a really yummy drink. Mr. 'Welcomer' took care of that drink, and shortly I had my room keys.

The location is impeccable. Everywhere is of walking distance to the W!

As usual the cheeky and fun design of the hotel was a hit, but something about it fell short of the usual W Hotels I've seen around the world. The hotel amenities fell a tad short. For the rate I was paying, I thought it was a bit sad that bedroom slippers were only available upon request. The supply for complimentary water bottle was a bit scarce. The bathroom counter kinda made me feel like I was at a permanent make up counter in the departmental store, but I kinda digged it cause they worked around the given space of the room and made it work.

The doormen were really friendly too. Since it was a solo travel, the casual chat was most definitely appreciated, plus it helped that it was not contrived and all in all this laidback casual approach the W subscribed to, W..orked W..onderfully!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
Dear therahrahshow,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It’s good to hear the overall experience of the guest experience such as yours. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square. Thank you for your kind words on my team. I have already shared your comments with the rest of the W team as a reminder of what they do best and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.