“Great choice”

H10 London Waterloo
Ranked #206 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here for New Year's Eve to watch the fireworks. It was a short walk to Westminster bridge and from there our theatre, restaurant and viewing point for the fireworks. Hotel was modern clean and welcoming - champagne was a nice New Years touch at reception. It is pricey as our rate did not include breakfast- which we didn't have. I don't think there's a fitness facility - I ticked it in error.

Room Tip: Check the side of the hotel you'll be on if you want to see the river.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
H10HLW, Front Office Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your much valued feedback at the H10 London Waterloo.

We are happy to hear that you had a nice time at the hotel during New Year's, and that you enjoyed the little touches, such as the welcome glass of cava upon arrival.

We hope to see you again soon!!!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I love this place - the rooms, whilst small are well equipped, mine had a wonderful view over London - it was quiet and very restful. The bar was small but had all I wanted and the staff are super friendly.

I will be back.

To keep it balanced: like most hotels, the heating/cooling system was not very efficient, and I was a little surprised at the noise levels from the windows. Not enough of either to be a problem, but considering the slickness of the rest of the place, it was unusual.

Room Tip: the end of corridor room was very quiet, tho predictably far from the wifi routing (fine on my Mac...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the H10 London Waterloo Hotel.

We are absolutely delighted to hear that you had a great time at the hotel and that you enjoyed our facilties at the hotel. We aim to provide the best service to all our guests and we are delighted that this met up to your expectations.

Thank you for the update regarding the heating system and the noise. I have passed on this information to the relevant department to see if we can find ways to rectify this for all guests.

See you again on your next visit!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for one night on 1st January.

We booked a city view room (1106) and was presented with view of the Gherkin, Shard and at an angle the financial district. It was a modern and clean room with a relative amount of space. Very comfortable bed and lovely ceiling to floor windows.

The staff were neutral (which to me was a positive) neither overly friendly nor rude.

Room service is prompt and comes with a smile.

If you are looking to stay in a central location of London I would highly recommend. Waterloo station is close by and has a range of connections to take you right into the thick of sight seeing, shopping or whatever tickles your fancy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the H10 London Waterloo.

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time at the hotel and that you found the staff met up to your expectations, as we strive to provide the best possible service to all our guests.

We hope to see you again soon!

Paul Wongartorrn

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The H10 Hotel London is a great hotel with very good facilities and a good location. The hotel is completely modern, barrier-free, high-quality furnished and very clean. The staff is mostly friendly (though not overly friendly) and the service is usually very good. The location of the hotel is very nice: Not the middle of the hustle and bustle but not too far off the beaten track. Waterloo Station is a short walk (or even faster by bus) to reach. You walk to the River Thames (London Eye) quite quickly. Shops and simple and better restaurants are within a few minutes. A very good starting point from which to explore London. Breakfast at the hotel is very high quality and plentiful. Great scrambled eggs and fried egg. Wonderful choice of sweet food. A larger selection of fresh fruit would be great. Not recommended is the "302" restaurant that opens in the evening on the 1st floor. The service is inattentive, the food lacks any sophistication and are significantly under seasoned, and the prices are far too high. In contrast the lounge and room service menu provides some nice dishes for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Book a premium room with more space!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent visit at the H10 London Waterloo.

We are delighted to hear that you had a good time at the hotel and that you found our staff to be mostly friendly, as we strive to provide our guests with the best possible service.

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had at the Three O Two restaurant. We aim to provide our guests with the best service, and I am sorry this did not meet up to your expectations. I have passed this information on to the relevant departments who will find ways to improve for all future guests.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We stated here for two nights over the new year returning home today- paying £438 or £435 for the two nights. Check in was easy & hassle free though I did notice prosecco/champagne openly displayed had been given to other guests but not us...... Not a major issue though! It seemed pretty quiet given the time of year.
I payed in full about two weeks prior to our visit & and was under the impression I'd get my H10 reward card upon check in... I didn't..& still don't have it which is a shame. There was a little language barrier at reception though I remain I offended & happy with the overall service. I doubt it will be posted to me.
I payed a little extra for a city view... I was hopeful given that we were allocated room 1112 on the 11th floor. We did get a city view though it could've been any old city- with a stretch, push & slightly bizarre angle we could see the London eye.
The room was comfortable, modern with a well stocked bathroom. Nice touches like an umbrella to Loan incase of inclement weather were good too! Bed comfy, decent space for a central London room. Unable to use the docking station due to lack of plug/cable though there was some limited life in the battery's..we didn't bother to complain- we were unaffected by this really!
Bar in reception was nice, good service & certainly bit overpriced( though it's far more economical to have a pint than a half should that be your taste)
I would NEVER Book this hotel again for new year though. It took over 90 minutes to get from the south bank due to police cordons/diversions... Complete nightmare, indescribably busy & very intimidating at times - probably not dissimilar to most major cities to be fair.
We didn't eat in the hotel- we went to the fire station pub up the road most days for breakfast & on occasion lunch. Well priced, decent service & tasty food.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay, would definatly use & recommend the H10 again..though if I'm honest, if there were a premier Inn a £100 cheaper I'd happy accept it as I'm not sure what the non city view rooms may be like!!

Stayed: December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share you experience at the H10 London Waterloo Hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you had a nice time at the hotel, although I am a little disappointed that we did not offer you the complimentary glass of cava. I will ensure that this is rectified for all future guests.

Thank you for the comments, and we shall look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

After a very swift check in we went up to our room 1108, and were met with a gorgeous view of the city skyline through floor to ceiling windows, and a door that opened full length. The room was spacious, clean, and full of the mod-cons, hands down the nicest hotel I have stayed at in London.
The hotel interior, i.e sound from corridors and rooms next door was zero, however due to the door being there, the sound of the city traffic during the night was quite bad. For a 4 star hotel, we would have thought they could have soundproofed the door. If I were to stay again, I would bring ear plugs or perhaps suggest that the hotel provides them in their extensive toiletries kit.
Breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice between continental and hot food. There was a bit of a wait to be seated on the Sunday morning, but we did arrive at 9am, peak breakfast time, the Monday morning was a little quieter.
Location is excellent, and very close to Lambeth North station, getting you into Piccadilly in 15mins, and I imagine not too far a walk from Waterloo, however we never went that way.

Overall, we would stay at this hotel again, but maybe bring our own soundproofing.

Room Tip: Ask for the 11th or 12th floor, even numbers, to get a brilliant view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 186394Jo_Jo
H10HLW, Front Office Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the H10 London Waterloo.

We would like to thank you for the positive comments regarding the breakfast. We strive to provide the best in London and I am glad this met up to your expectations.

I have passed on the information regarding the noise from the rooms to our maintenance team, and we would all like to apologise for the inconvenience caused and will find ways to improve and rectify this issue.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We chose this hotel due to its location, convenience to public transport and price.

The reception staff are very friendly and helpful. As the public face of the organisation, they all did a great job.

It is a modern hotel with well-equipped rooms which are comfortable and clean. We had breakfast in the first floor restaurant. It was not explained to us that it was self-service but we soon understood that it was. The food was mediocre at best. There was a choice of continental breakfast foods or cooked foods; the former was well-stocked and replenished; the latter was satisfactory although slightly tasteless.

This is part of a Spanish chain/concern which is noticeable form the bilingual information in the rooms. It seemed that the majority of staff were Spanish but there were others from elsewhere too. as stated, all were welcoming and friendly.

I would recommend this hotel for its location, convenience and price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the H10 London Waterloo.

We are delighted to hear that the hotel lived up to your expectations and that you found the staff very and helpful, as we strive to provide our guests with the highest level of service.

We hope to see you on your next visit!