“Excellent hotel close to the heart of London”

H10 London Waterloo
Ranked #201 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 January 2014

H10 London Waterloo is situated 10 minutes walk south of Waterloo Station where you can catch all the different types of trains you may need. Several buses drive through Waterloo Road and it is easy to reach any other address in London in a fairly short time.

It is recommended to get a room on one of the upper floors as the view up there is fantastic. The London skyline served in front of you. And you have no building on the opposite side of the street.

Rooms are not big but well planned. Service is excellent and the staff is aware that they are in the service business.

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning and it is excellent. You will be able to find anything you like and if you miss something, I am sure the staff will help you to get it.

We are happy to recommend this hotel and we would like to back to Waterloo Road again - or to visit other hotels in the H10 Group.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as high up as possiible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
H10HLW, Guest Relations Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks very much for your recent review in Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear than your stay fulfil your expectations and you enjoyed our rooms. We are proud to have fantastic views of the city.

Thank you for your comments regarding the staff and our breakfast, a fantastic way to start the day in the capital!

Hope to see you soon!

Miguel Magdalena

Write a ReviewReviews (3,374)

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I, my wife and kids stayed in this hotel during three days for New Year's eve and we appreciated it a lot. The staff were very warmful, the bedrooms were very clean and comfortable and the New Year's Eve dinner was excellent. Thank you

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
H10HLW, Guest Relations Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback at Trip Advisor. We are happy to know that you had a good time with us during New Year's Eve.

We hope to see you back soon!

Miguel Magdalena

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here for New Year's Eve to watch the fireworks. It was a short walk to Westminster bridge and from there our theatre, restaurant and viewing point for the fireworks. Hotel was modern clean and welcoming - champagne was a nice New Years touch at reception. It is pricey as our rate did not include breakfast- which we didn't have. I don't think there's a fitness facility - I ticked it in error.

Room Tip: Check the side of the hotel you'll be on if you want to see the river.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
H10HLW, Front Office Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your much valued feedback at the H10 London Waterloo.

We are happy to hear that you had a nice time at the hotel during New Year's, and that you enjoyed the little touches, such as the welcome glass of cava upon arrival.

We hope to see you again soon!!!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I love this place - the rooms, whilst small are well equipped, mine had a wonderful view over London - it was quiet and very restful. The bar was small but had all I wanted and the staff are super friendly.

I will be back.

To keep it balanced: like most hotels, the heating/cooling system was not very efficient, and I was a little surprised at the noise levels from the windows. Not enough of either to be a problem, but considering the slickness of the rest of the place, it was unusual.

Room Tip: the end of corridor room was very quiet, tho predictably far from the wifi routing (fine on my Mac...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the H10 London Waterloo Hotel.

We are absolutely delighted to hear that you had a great time at the hotel and that you enjoyed our facilties at the hotel. We aim to provide the best service to all our guests and we are delighted that this met up to your expectations.

Thank you for the update regarding the heating system and the noise. I have passed on this information to the relevant department to see if we can find ways to rectify this for all guests.

See you again on your next visit!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for one night on 1st January.

We booked a city view room (1106) and was presented with view of the Gherkin, Shard and at an angle the financial district. It was a modern and clean room with a relative amount of space. Very comfortable bed and lovely ceiling to floor windows.

The staff were neutral (which to me was a positive) neither overly friendly nor rude.

Room service is prompt and comes with a smile.

If you are looking to stay in a central location of London I would highly recommend. Waterloo station is close by and has a range of connections to take you right into the thick of sight seeing, shopping or whatever tickles your fancy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the H10 London Waterloo.

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time at the hotel and that you found the staff met up to your expectations, as we strive to provide the best possible service to all our guests.

We hope to see you again soon!

Paul Wongartorrn

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The H10 Hotel London is a great hotel with very good facilities and a good location. The hotel is completely modern, barrier-free, high-quality furnished and very clean. The staff is mostly friendly (though not overly friendly) and the service is usually very good. The location of the hotel is very nice: Not the middle of the hustle and bustle but not too far off the beaten track. Waterloo Station is a short walk (or even faster by bus) to reach. You walk to the River Thames (London Eye) quite quickly. Shops and simple and better restaurants are within a few minutes. A very good starting point from which to explore London. Breakfast at the hotel is very high quality and plentiful. Great scrambled eggs and fried egg. Wonderful choice of sweet food. A larger selection of fresh fruit would be great. Not recommended is the "302" restaurant that opens in the evening on the 1st floor. The service is inattentive, the food lacks any sophistication and are significantly under seasoned, and the prices are far too high. In contrast the lounge and room service menu provides some nice dishes for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Book a premium room with more space!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent visit at the H10 London Waterloo.

We are delighted to hear that you had a good time at the hotel and that you found our staff to be mostly friendly, as we strive to provide our guests with the best possible service.

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had at the Three O Two restaurant. We aim to provide our guests with the best service, and I am sorry this did not meet up to your expectations. I have passed this information on to the relevant departments who will find ways to improve for all future guests.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We stated here for two nights over the new year returning home today- paying £438 or £435 for the two nights. Check in was easy & hassle free though I did notice prosecco/champagne openly displayed had been given to other guests but not us...... Not a major issue though! It seemed pretty quiet given the time of year.
I payed in full about two weeks prior to our visit & and was under the impression I'd get my H10 reward card upon check in... I didn't..& still don't have it which is a shame. There was a little language barrier at reception though I remain I offended & happy with the overall service. I doubt it will be posted to me.
I payed a little extra for a city view... I was hopeful given that we were allocated room 1112 on the 11th floor. We did get a city view though it could've been any old city- with a stretch, push & slightly bizarre angle we could see the London eye.
The room was comfortable, modern with a well stocked bathroom. Nice touches like an umbrella to Loan incase of inclement weather were good too! Bed comfy, decent space for a central London room. Unable to use the docking station due to lack of plug/cable though there was some limited life in the battery's..we didn't bother to complain- we were unaffected by this really!
Bar in reception was nice, good service & certainly bit overpriced( though it's far more economical to have a pint than a half should that be your taste)
I would NEVER Book this hotel again for new year though. It took over 90 minutes to get from the south bank due to police cordons/diversions... Complete nightmare, indescribably busy & very intimidating at times - probably not dissimilar to most major cities to be fair.
We didn't eat in the hotel- we went to the fire station pub up the road most days for breakfast & on occasion lunch. Well priced, decent service & tasty food.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay, would definatly use & recommend the H10 again..though if I'm honest, if there were a premier Inn a £100 cheaper I'd happy accept it as I'm not sure what the non city view rooms may be like!!

Stayed: December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share you experience at the H10 London Waterloo Hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you had a nice time at the hotel, although I am a little disappointed that we did not offer you the complimentary glass of cava. I will ensure that this is rectified for all future guests.

Thank you for the comments, and we shall look forward to seeing you on your next visit!