“Usual high H10 standards” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of H10 London Waterloo

H10 London Waterloo
Ranked #207 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Usual high H10 standards”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Situated within walking distance of the tube. Also near to some of the 'sights' of London eg Westminster, Big Ben & the Thames waterfront,
The reception team gave a very friendly welcome & were helpful when we misplaced a scarf. The room was warm & comfortable. We didn't eat in the restaurant as we were 'out & about' sightseeing, and we went to Wembley to see England play.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
H10HLW, Front Office Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear guest,

I am pleased to hear that you had a good time at the hotel and how you found the reception to be very friendly and welcoming, as we strive to provide the highest level of service to all our guests.

Thank you very much for the lovely comments, and we hope to see you again on your next visit.

Paul Wongartorn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel is really great in all aspects. Great modern rooms, great service, great breakfast and great restaurant. Location is also pretty good. I recommend this to anyone,

I would come back.

I also have dinner included in the hotel restaurant, the food was excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martinmest
Dear guest,

Thank you for writing such nice comments regarding your recent visit to the H10 London Waterloo.

We strive to provide our guests with the best experience and we are delighted to hear that this lived up to your expectations.

See you again on your next visit.

Astana, Kazakhstan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Within walking distance of Waterloo rail & underground as well as plenty of bars, restaurants and supermarkets. Friendly welcome, large clean room with all the necessary amenities needed. Reasonable price and all in all a useful little find in S.London.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the H10 London Waterloo Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you had a good time at the hotel and that you found the staff to be friendly, as we strive to provide our guests with the highest level of service.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

From the moment you arrive, you know you are someplace special. Staff is kind, efficient, knowledgeable and very helpful.
Stayed first time in H10 hotel. What amazing hotel! When you spend few hours in a hotel, You understand what about you pay.
Check in was quick and pleasant. Staff very kind and professional
Had a room on 9 floor with London eye view. Room very clean, with comfortable double bed.
Enjoyed during the night lights of London, such a beauty!
They have great restaurant called THREE O TWO on 1.floor. Dont have to go far away to enjoy great food!

In total great hotel for business or leisure stay! Hotel spotless clean! Professional and helpful staff! General Manager can be proud to have such a team!
Definitely will return. Highly suggested hotel

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy beautiful view on the night
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
H10HLW, Front Office Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing the much valued feedback at the H10 London Waterloo Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time at the hotel and that you have found the staff to be very kind and professional, as we strive to provide the highest level of service to all our guests.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our lovely Three O Two restaurant. We aim to provide the highest quality dishes and we will continue to improve to ensure that the next time is even better than your last stay.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I booked this hotel based on the reviews from TripAdvisor & I was not disappointed..
Loves the modern design, clean & spacious room..
I slept well as the bed is super comfortable..
Quiet street, but walking distance to the Tube..
Friendly receptionists!! Thumbs up!!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the H10 London Waterloo.

We are happy to hear that you had an excellent time at the hotel and that you found the receptionists to be friendly, as we strive to provide our guests with the highest level of service possible.

Ulverston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Again Trip Advisor came up trumps with this hotel. Friendly, well presented and helpful staff. Great view from the 11th floor room, the standard room was a good size and lovely and clean. The breakfast choice was excellent and constantly being topped up. I have never stayed in this area before but from now on I wouldn't hesitate. It is only a 5 minute walk to Lambeth North tube station and maybe a 7 minute walk to Southwark and both very easy to get to.

Room Tip: 11th floor room did not have any problems with noise
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share the much valued feedback regarding your visit to the H10 London Waterloo.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great time at the hotel and that you enjoyed the view from the 11th floor. We strive to provide our guests with the best experience and we are pleased this lived up to your expectations.

Oxford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

My girlfriend and I wanted a trip in London and decided this hotel was perfect. When we turned the staff were kind and welcoming however we booked a double room and got a twin room which they stated we can put the beds together and that should be fine this didn't make me happy as we wanted a double room and booked on however when we got to our room it was very pleasing, the room was clean and presented well. It was only after a night out (few drinks and a wonder around London at night) I pulled off the duvet and found blood, it was not a small amount it was a lot as if someone had cut themselves and used it to clean the cut. When I went downstairs no one was there. I knocked on the desk and called for them but there was no one. This was about 11:30 so not too late. I went back to my room and replaced the sheet with a blanket and slept on that for a night. I barely slept due to idea of how they either didn't clean the sheets or didn't care about the blood and put them on anyway. In the morning I went downstairs and presented the sheet to them. The ladies how could barely speak English said "wait for the manager just go to breakfast and you can come back and he'll be here" my girlfriend and I didn't pay for breakfast so we didn't go. I returned about 45 minutes later to find the manager I explained what had happened and all he could say was "it must be your blood" this was ridiculous because we made sure we were not bleed what so ever and he continued to blame us he then went on about "if you came down at night we would have replaced it" once I told him I came down he said I didn't and I'm not taking the situation seriously. He carried on by saying "I can't do anything about it" he told me that the other staff member offered us 'free' breakfast which she did not. She told me I could go to breakfast not that it'll be free but even with a free breakfast is that the only compensation they could offer after no sleep and blood on the sheets! (Which for hygiene reason is disgusting, I don't expect this from any hotel, let alone a 4* hotel) however as a manager you do have the power to refund, get a free night just basically anything. The manager was really rude and patronising. This basically ruined our trip to London but when we go home we spoke to our parents about the situation and they decided due to my girlfriend and I being 18 they might have not have been taken us seriously. When we put the complaint in through my girlfriends parents they responded with "I do apologise, you can have a free night on us" this angered all of us because they told me that they can't do that but as soon as my girlfriends parents do it they give them what they wanted! This was frustrating and angered me! I do NOT want to return I would rather stay in a premier inn!!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank HarryJKelly
H10HLW, General Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share the much valued feedback regarding your recent visit to the H10 London Waterloo. We treat all feedback with the seriousness they deserve, and I am deeply shocked to hear about what has happened during your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best service to all our guests, and I have passed on this information to the relevant departments who sincerely apologise and will take preventative action to ensure that this does never happen again.

Regarding the stains on the linen, our suppliers are a very reputable company for hotels in London, and we are currently investigating this issue with them to ensure our high standards are kept and this does never happen again.

I am sincerely sorry that our receptionist did not make themselves clear. The breakfast was meant to be complimentary for the inconvenience caused once you made their way up to the restaurant. I have since spoken to the receptionist who would also like to apologise for not making things clear to you.

The hotel is manned throughout the night, and there was the night manager, porter and security guard all throughout the night. You were also more than welcome to call down to reception as well, and I have notified our night team to ensure maximum visibility is always maintained.

Thank you once again for the feedback, and we have taken all the points mentioned to ensure that we improve and provide a better service for the future.

Jorge Gil de Gomez