“Much better out there for similar price”

London Olympus Hotel
Ranked #373 of 573 London B&B and Inns
“Much better out there for similar price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Rooms barely looked like the photos on website at all. I had a look of shock the second I saw the room. Really small and not kept very clean. Bathroom was a state and barely cupboard size. I almost went right out to buy bathroom cleaner the second I saw it. Dirty marks behind wardrobe on skirting and walls. Welcome entrance very cramped. TV only worked erratically. In other words never plan on going back to the room to watch something. WiFi had it's ups and downs, I.e. only worked occasionally. I got better internet from my phone the whole stay. Last but not least, the shower felt like someone standing over me with a slowly dribbling bucket. Plus notes only really being staff were friendly and it was cheap but not really worth what we paid. Another hotel "chain" close by offering rooms at same rate. Only reason didn't end up leaving and booking into the chain hotel was it had no vacancies. If you want a clean enjoyable stay I would look elsewhere even if it does cost a little more a night. If however you are just sleeping there and nothing else needed then that's bout all I would recommend it for.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed there from 8-10 June.
The person at the reception Mr. RAJ was the friendliest hotel staff we had meet during our 11 days trip in UK. He smiled at all times, provided tourist map, helped carrying the luggage, and sent hair dryer upon request etc. The room was clean but quite small; the design/layout of the room (No 8) was a bit odd.
Big shopping malls and train station were near.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LPCheong
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I booked a room for one night, and I think it is probably one of the worst hotel rooms I have ever tried to sleep in. I arrived and my room stank of smoke - really stank! I am pretty certain that whoever it was that had the room before me must have been sitting in there puffing away all night.
The window opened out on to an alleyway, and there was no way to lock it in an open position, so it was either closed, or open so far that anyone could have hopped in my room! Which meant I had to sleep with the window shut and enjoy the scent of B&H all night. The bathroom had an unusual aroma, I'm still not totally sure what it was, but it was a mix of sewers, bananas and something really sweet - couldn't open the window so I just kept the door shut and tried not to breath in while I was in there.
The sheets on the bed were clean, so that was nice.
For £60 I would have been better off staying in a youth hostel and spending the rest on beer.

Room Tip: Go to the Ibis down the road, I heard it was much nicer
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank local85

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Nice & Clean!
-A few minutes from buses, trains and the tube
-Not brand new but spacious and you get free wifi
-Supernice people who told us to "take our time" when we overslept and didn't make the checkout on time, they were also more than happy to take care of our luggage for a day after we left!
-Recomended for anyone on a budget!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank trstnbjrdl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

Myself and a friend stayed for one night after booking on Booking.com. After walking from the main building to our room four doors down we were greeted by a front door that needed a lot of help to open. The room was of decent size with a double and single bed. The room was located at the front of the property. Traffic noise was terrible as was people hanging round smoking at the front door right next to our window. The curtains did not match or fit the windows not that the large bay window was much use as they had put a wardrobe in front of it. The bedding was clean which was the only plus side. The bathroom was tiny with rather odd cleaning supplies provided in there. I left my shampoo and shower gel just so the next poor sod had something decent. The general state of the accommodation was awful they should not be allowed to charge money for what they provide. Overall the worst nights sleep from the front door banging all the time, people running around and traffic noise. Avoid this hotel

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank LKMSJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

I went over for the olympic's in July. There was a mistake on Booking.com with the price and we got a double room for 75 pounds the real price should have been 350 pounds. We got a call advising us of this mistake and they wanted to charge us the extra money. Needless to say we did not allow the hotel to charge us anymore than what was payed for on booking.com.
This hotel is really a poor B&B at best, without breakfast. We stayed in the top room on the 3rd floor. It was tiny and had 2 beds in it. The beds where terrible. No phone or clock in the room. The bathroom was absolutly tiny. I mean tiny, if you were using the loo your knees are banging of the door. The shower was also tiny.
The only good thing was that we go free WiFi ( I can go to starbucks and get free WiFi ) and the fact that we got it for 75 pounds and we were only staying 1 night. If I had to stay another night I would have gone somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank mrtmanx
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Most hotels are very grubby along the romford road stratford. I was expecting this from this hotel. Much to my suprise the hotel turned out to be excellent, clean, friendly staff, free wifi was available. Great budget hotel. If something is not right the staff are always happy to listen and resolve. Definately will be booking again for my next short stay in London. Thanks raj

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo