“Food and service substandard”
Review of Silom Village

Silom Village
Ranked #11,858 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Food and service substandard”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I went here with my girlfriend for a meal. I won't give a huge back story but these are the issues.

1. I would classify myself as someone who loves a lot of spice. However The Tom yum soup was like drinking molten lava, it was literally ground up chilis, it can't have been right.

2. The fish cakes were frozen...frozen in the middle, as in boiling on the outside and... frozen ....in the middle.

3. The service was awful. It looked like 1 poor guy was serving half of ealing. He was doing his best but still, no one wants to wait 30 mins just to ask frozen fish cakes to be taken back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jimmyjames1985

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good food, good prices ”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Had a nice meal here tonight. Good varied choice of food on menu with lots of vegetarian options. I had the vegetarian Thai green curry which was lovely and very spicy. Excellent value for money and good service. Big portions too. Highly recommended.

Dunedin, New Zealand
“Consistently Delicious!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We have been dining at (and taking away from) Silom Village for years and absolutely love it - Good service, great reasonably priced menu (chicken satay, curries and nasi goreng are awesome), always a favourite, nowhere else compares and definitely recommended!

“Great food”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have being coming here for years and the food has always been so tasty and it is such amazing value for money. You will not leave here hungry! The service is mostly very good and attentive. The only downside is that the decor is not very appealing but do not let this put you off if you want some really nice Thai food in West London. And I recommend for dessert - the ice cream tord yum!

• Visited August 2013
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Best Tom Yum soup I've ever had”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have been coming here for many years & I now live in Thailand & can tell you first hand the Tom Yum soup here is amazing I haven't even had better in hailand.

Staff are always friendly and the man who works in there always remembers me even if he doesnt see me from one year to the next I've spent many an evening in here with both family and friends tried many dishes on the menu and its great highly reccommendable.

• Visited February 2013