“Amazing!”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Victoria
Description: Set between Belgravia and Knightsbridge, Petrus by Gordon Ramsay is a Michelin starred restaurant serving exceptional modern French cuisine. With a spectacular circular dining room boasting a floor-to-ceiling wine cellar at it's heart, Petrus by Gordon Ramsay offers exquisite wines from across the world, including vintages from its namesake Chateau Petrus.
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

The food and the service here was outstanding and the restaurant itself looked amazing. Had a good giggle with the staff and they even bought me out a little extra because it was my birthday.
My only downside is, I've had food of the same quality for half the price. The wine selection is nice but you're expected to pay around 60 quid for a bottle. As a couple we spent just shy of 300 quid. Which is a lot for a dinner.

Date of visit: July 2016
GRG R, Guest Relations Manager at Petrus by Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Thank you for your recent feedback in relation to your recent dining experience at Petrus. We are absolutely delighted to hear that we were able to deliver exceptional service whilst creating unforgettable memories for your birthday.
Your feedback is very important to us in order to improve the quality and service we provide, therefore may I ask to please contact a member of our team via guestrelations@gordanramsay.com, where we would be delighted to assist you further with regards to your concerns of our pricing.
May I take this opportunity to thank you again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
Kind Regards,
S.Clarke

S. Clarke

Write a reviewReviews (4,082)

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

This is an excellent restaurant, the service is amazing and the food is really not only excellent the presentation is really something special.

If you are looking for a unique dinner this is the place.

The price is high but really it really worth it!!

Reviewed 25 July 2016

I was surprised on OpenTable to see a short notice table at Petrus available and quickly booked it. Then after reading some of the trade news I wished I hadn't. The previous head chef left in February and it took me a long time to find out who the new head chef was. If there was an announcement made, I couldn't find it.

In any event, I kept the reservation expecting to find a half-empty restaurant and a staff in turmoil.

I needn't have worried about anything. The meal presented was fabulous, the staff were on point, and there was no evidence of any problems whatsoever. Petrus remains a jewel in the Ramsay empire while Maze, unfortunately, has fallen off the map. I have dined at all three of Ramsay's signature London restaurants in the past year and Petrus remains my favorite, finding a niche between the over-the-top Restaurant Gordon Ramsay and the sliding-towards-rock bottom Maze.

As for the meal itself, I had three courses and all were outstanding, with the sauteed foie gras being my favorite. I found myself savoring every bite. Petrus's standards remain high and it is certainly Michelin worthy. I highly recommend it. The meal wasn't perfect, but the misses were minor.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

This is my second trip to Petrus, I went before when It was at its previous location. Both were fantastic meals, of course fantastic service and beautiful surroundings, however it is now more toned down that the prior location. Clean and crisp dishes, with fair prices. For us, two people came to £275 for two people for dinner. Would recommend making reservations as soon as you can, we had reservation at 9pm on a Tuesday and the restaurant was full

1  Thank tss94
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Really excellent food - a real treat. Not cheap but great value. Very friendly and unpretentious staff, they were highly professional but never superior. My wife had a tagliatelle dish as a main and only received a started portion - probably our fault when ordering - but this was instantly rectified with another dish of the delicious concoction. Only quibble, our very nice wine was £60 - bit over the top for a pleasant Chablis.