“Forty Burgers: overpriced and average”

The Cask Pub & Kitchen
Ranked #439 of 23,020 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pimlico
London, United Kingdom
“Forty Burgers: overpriced and average”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This pub has one of the best beer selections in London and it's a great place—I'm not reviewing for the beer or the pub, as good ones are easy to find—I'm reviewing the Forty Burgers. Now Forty Burgers are actually decent, better than GBK or Byron, and certainly than the irredeemable Five Guys. But they cost ~£16 a pop. You could buy two fantastic burgers from Meat Market or Shake Shack for that price, and they'd be much nicer. What's more, all of our burgers fell to pieces.

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great choice of drinks, poorly cooked burger”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have to rate this poor not because of the pub, and not for the drinks or service,, but because of the food. I really enjoyed the choice of drinks, the staff were really friendly in helping me choose an beer given I know very little about it. The atmosphere is really nice, and it is a really good place for drink. However, the food is disappointing. I ordered a cheese burger, the only way you can have it cooked is well done, this removed all the flavor for me and considering by burger cost £12-13 I was not happy, there are plenty of places in London who sell an amazing burger for that price. The chips that came with the burger was nice, but I do not like being able to have my burger the way I want I cooked when it costs more that £10. I would come here again for a drink, but somewhere else for food.

• Visited June 2014
“You have to check this place out”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I happened upon this little gem as I was Boris biking to Pimlico station which is so close. Great beer menu, knowledgable staff - good food - I will be back

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fab pub”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Fantastic choice of real ale my husbands favourite pub the foods not bad either. Very easy to find and close top to pimlico tube station.

Visited June 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A cozy pub with delicious food!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just around the corner from the Belgrave is this small pub with great food. The menu is limited and it is self order at the counter. The food was very good and they offer special each night!

Visited June 2014