“What a Satisfying Experience!”
Review of Zeret Kitchen

Zeret Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Zeret Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Lovers of Ethiopian cuisine and adventurous foodies will appreciate this bright, clean and modern restaurant in Camberwell that prides itself on its family recipes and dedication to authentic Ethiopian traditions. Zeret itself is a name that comes from a small village in northern Ethiopia, and the menu includes mostly chicken, lamb and beef stews made with butter, garlic and ginger served on pancake-like flatbread called enjera. All the food here is delicious, and the dining room is decorated with colourful placemats, potted palms and simple white walls. Perfect for communal/sharing meals with friends and family, the Zeret Kitchen has attentive staff and a relaxed atmosphere ��� don't miss the Ethiopian style chicken cooked with green chillies, herbs and spices.
Los Angeles, California
“What a Satisfying Experience!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We love Ethiopian food and try Ethiopian restaurants as often as we can throughout our travels. We have had some excellent Ethiopian food all over the United States. Zeret Kitchen of London makes the top of the list both in terms of their amazing food and the quality of their service. The calm and tasteful decor of the very clean restaurant, combined with their warm and friendly staff made their delicious food so much more pleasant. Their coffee ceremony was the most elaborate we had witnessed with a very delicious ending.

If you know Ethiopian food, you will love this restaurant. If you have never tried it, this is the best place to get yourself acquainted with this sublime cuisine.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank H H

• Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing service, delicious food”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wanting a laid back early Sunday evening dinner my boyfriend and I walked up from E&C to the Zeret Kitchen as I'd been wanting to try it for a while now. Having seen the impressive reviews there was a lot for this out of the way Ethiopian oasis to live up to but I was not disappointed. The Owner welcomed us warmly and even remembered that I'd called to ask opening hours earlier in the day. It had a lovely, relaxed, family vibe and it was nice to see people sharing huge platters between families, chatting and laughing.

We ordered a couple of St George beers which were great. I've got a slight obsession with clean, polished classes and I've got to say the wine glasses on our table were more sparkling than some I've seen in some Michelin starred places (it's the little things!)

Opting for the Zeret Suprise platter for two, we enjoyed the ceremony with which is was served and the fact that each dish was explained by the owner. It was absolutely delicious and we were soon very full!

An absolute gem for spice lovers in E&C. I will be visiting again. I also note that they did take away which is something I'll be keeping in mind!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank BowlsHels
London
“Classy and delicious”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Wow. Lovely! An oasis of spicy ethiopian food and with a classy feel in deepest darkest camberwell. Fabulous value and the st George beer pretty good too

Visited August 2014
London
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Very friendly, attentive and delicious food! It's slightly out of the way but well worth the visit. I will definitely return to try the rest of the menu.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Thank You Zeret Kitchen”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I live in Tunbridge Wells and regularly make the journey to eat at Zeret Kitchen. The welcome from the owner, Tafe, is always warm and friendly. The food is delicious and it takes me back to my childhood which was spent in Addis Ababa.
I would strongly recommend a visit but prepared to be hooked, I advise you to take some miser wat and injera home with you, unless you are lucky enough you live close to Zeret Kitchen.
The bill is an enjoyable experience, it will not break your budget.
Thank you Tafe for being there.

• Visited July 2014