Bennys B and B
US$258
US$191
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsealing broadwaypiccadilly linesmall bathheathrow airportbus stop in frontlocal tube stationbed and breakfastminute walkfamily roomdouble roombreakfast includedlate at nightfridgesinkhostshobcupboard
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I recently stayed in Benny's while on a short business trip in London. It's perfect location if you're flying into Heathrow with only a short 20 minute trip on the tube to get to and from there.

The guest-house is a short walk from the station, in a very safe part of the city. I was checked into my room in only 5 minutes, with fingerprint access being very handy as you never need to worry about keys or cards.

Benny and his friend Andre were in reception to greet me when I arrived and they had a cup of tea and a toasted sandwich in front of me in no time, knowing I'd be hungry after a day of travel and work. That's the type of thing you just don't get in a hotel, and with the friendly chat with both Benny and Andre, you'll feel right at home in no time.

The rooms are perfect, adequate for what you need. They are clean, roomy, and the shower is warm and powerful. Probably the best thing about staying there is the high speed internet. Again I have never stayed in a hotel that had as good a connection - so if you value good internet this is the perfect place.

If you're looking for a cheaper option when staying in London, look no further than Benny's, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank irljs
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Benny's B and B is located in South Ealing--about 2 blocks from the tube station (Picadilly line). The Picadilly lines travels directly from London's Heathrow Airport. South Ealing is about 20 minutes (by tube) from Central London.
Benny's is clean and self contained. In our room there was a bathroom with a shower and tub. We also had a small refrigerator and sink (complete with plates, cups and silverware-towels, body soap were also included). The breakfast was wonderful. I was so glad to have it included in the room price (69 Pounds per night). Benny and his staff were so helpful. They frequently gave advice on how to get where we wanted to go and very helpful tips on what to do and see when we got there.
I was happy there was not a 'daily room clean' . If we needed anything, all we had to do was ask.
South Ealing, itself, is a nice small city. There is a grocery store, plenty of shopping and resturants---all within walking distance.
We had a great time there and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank PAW88
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Benny's was great for our purposes, which was a bed & bathroom in a not-scary neighborhood (Ealing) near the Tube for not a ton of Euros. It's definitely a no-frills place, but the owners were very nice & helpful, the room was clean, plus the breakfasts were quite yummy.Bonus: it's not far from decent restaurants & shopping. Caution: the tub for our room stood very high, which meant I had challenges getting in & out of it, even though I stand 5 feet 7 inches. I'm not sure if the tubs for all of the rooms are like that, but you might want to check with the owners if this might present a problem for you.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sara_Casper
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Benny was the most kind, considerate and gracious host anyone can want or need. My daughters (13 and 15) and I travelled to London July 2012. Our plane arrived early and as such we arrived at Benny's door very early. 7am. Benny immediately offered us breakfast, a place to put our luggage and quickly set about getting us a room, eventhough check-in time wasn' t until 1pm. We were in our room by 9:30am. He gave us tips on London's tube and walking suggestions. Rooms were private, clean, and beds very comfortable and a private bathroom. Benny's is also perfectly located to get into downtown. Benny's only about 50metres from the tube. Highly recommend this lovely accomodation!!

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet eventhough it faced the street.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank secondexit
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Went here in July of 2011 with my brother and his friend and had a wonderful stay. However, I went back again this year a week before the olympics with my girlfriend and had the complete opposite experience. Upon arrival, we were checked in by the cleaning lady and were only told about the time for breakfast and how to open the door (they use magnetic doors with a keycard held up next to the door). The next morning we had breakfast which was OK, however I believe my girlfriend had a moldy piece of bread with her "ham and cheese" sandwich. Upon arrival at the end of the day we found our room not cleaned and our garbage not emptied. I went down to the reception and asked about it and the manager explained that "I had to tell the breakfast lady that I wanted my room cleaned." I told him that I was never informed about this but all he said was "sorry." So the next morning I made sure to tell the cleaning lady that we wanted our room cleaned, however it was a different lady and we later found out again that our room wasn't cleaned due to a lack of communication. Upon check-out the following day the office was closed at 9:30 and when we returned at noon before catching our flight home there still wasn't anyone there to check us out so we gave our keycard to a man in the office. On the plus side, we had a bed, a bathroom with a shower, and a refridgerator. Other than that it was nothing special. Spend $300 somewhere else for 3 nights. Oh, and the bed was like sleeping on a grill.

Room Tip: Just don't go here
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple