“Great Indian food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3,051 of 22,019 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: sagar vegetarian restaurant serves you authentic south Indian foods at affordable price and best quality. we also serve vegan, no onion and garlic, nut free and wheat free. we also provide outdoor catering for special occasion.
“Great Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2016

I had dinner at Sagar a couple of weeks ago and I was happy to be able to explore its menu: it's a kind of Indian food I am/was unfamiliar with! The "lentils' pizza" made me curious, and I loved it! Next time I'll be in the area I will do my best to go back there!

• Visited September 2016

London, United Kingdom
“tasty South Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2016

I've visited this and their Covent Garden restaurant a few times before.

On this occasion I had the vegan thali. Service was fast and the food was fantastic. For vegans or any special diets/ allergies etc the staff are extremely knowledgeable and are able to advise on the content of all dishes.

This is a genuinely good restaurant in an area littered with big name chains.

Visited September 2016
London
“OK - but a bit pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2016

This is quite a pricey Vegan restaurant just off Tottenham Court Road. It looks like a cafe from outside with the uncovered tables and light decor. Service and welcome were very good. So here I am a carnivore in a Vegan/ Vegetarian restaurant....but I have been to such places and could give them five points (pre TripAdvisor) but I couldn't here. The price / value didn't quite get there. Maybe very simply I don't like Dosa very much. As a quirky recommendation though, why not try a huge ' paper Dosa' very thin but about a metre long.... has to be shared although the waiter said suitable for one which was clearly ridiculous.

• Visited September 2016
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
South Orange, New Jersey
“Yummy South Indian restaurant with attentive and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2016

I highly recommend Sagar for delicious South Indian cuisine! My husband and I stumbled on this restaurant while visiting London. It became our “go to” restaurant throughout our stay. We went there a number of times during a fairly short stay. A friend of mine recently left for London, I told her that she had to try this restaurant.

Sagar is a delicious vegetarian South Indian restaurant. Its food is incredibly flavorful and creative. The menu offers a large selection of dishes without being overwhelming. It also has vegan, wheat free, onion & garlic free, and nut free dishes. The plating for some of the dishes was stunning. We went to another popular North Indian restaurant in Covent Garden and the food there did not begin to compare to Sagar’s dishes.

Sagar’s staff was friendly, knowledgeable about the dishes, and attentive. When we returned even for the second time, the staff welcomed us as if we were regulars. Each visit, they gave us different food recommendations so that we could develop a better understanding of their menu. I don’t think that you can go wrong there. However, the dosas were our favorite. Yummy!!

Also, I should note that I am a vegetarian. However, my husband is not. We both loved our dishes. We also brought another friend there who eats meat and she raved about her food. Therefore, I think that everyone can find something tasty here. Sagar has a number of restaurants throughout London. So, you should be able to find one fairly easily. I highly recommend it!

• Visited October 2015
Thane, India
“Great food, friendly staff, quick service, excellent taste. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

We visited this restaurant twice in our trip of 7 days along with my mother who is a wheelchair bound. The staff was very prompt in helping the wheelchair get into the restaurant.
As we had our 1st meal of London (coming from UK) we did compare the taste to Indian food. Doing that we compared to the Indian food from India. We couldn't find much of s difference.
The menu is quite selective best.
Highly recommended and a must eat in London.

Visited August 2016

Been to Sagar? Share your experiences!