“Worst Burrito I've Ever Had... Go to Petticoat Market” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Flying Burrito
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food
Dining options: Seating
Neighbourhood: Whitechapel
Description: We sell fresh Mexican food to eat in or take away. Our menu features slow-braised beef marinated overnight in Chipotle and regional specialities such as our chicken Pibil (cooked the Mexican way by grilling then baking on banana leaves), pork Tatemado (a recipe from Colima) and an authentic Oaxacan Mole (a complex dish seldom seen outside Mexico).We hope to welcome you soon to our little shop!
“Worst Burrito I've Ever Had... Go to Petticoat Market”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

I went in here one lunchtime as I work about 5 minutes away. I shouldn't have bothered. I asked for the pork burrito and they served me with the tineist amount of rice and pork I've ever come across in any burrito place. So, I thought oh they've given me the girly size (which I assume means smaller). When we got to the salad part I couldn't hear either girl so I just said no guac and all the salad but they still insisted on asking me if I wanted each one and were pretty reluctant to add the extras. I'm sure that the sour cream had been watered down too. Then they charged me £6.10 for it! I would have understood the price if it was bigger. There are so many other burrito places nearby that for the same price you get far more in the burrito and better tasting.

Once I actually started eating the thing all I could taste was some earthy like the beans or meat had been dropped and swepped off the floor. Maybe it's beuase I didn't get the guacamole or enough sauce but even the person I was with said it was the worst burrito he'd ever eaten! The ingredients were far from fresh (this could have been becuase I went on a Friday). Maybe at one point they were pretty good judging from previous reviews but not today!

Do not eat here. Go around the corner to Petticoat Lane Market where nearly all the stalls are yummy and a £1-£2 cheaper. I just felt like a burrito today :( Or walk to another burrito place, there are plenty.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
mexichris, Owner at The Flying Burrito, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Ouch. But a mistake on our part here, very sorry about that. Staff are most definitely not under any instructions to be stingy with rice, meat or salsa - we want satisfied customers. Same food as before and same chef.

london
“Expensive for what it is!, Not that Amazing but will definatley fill you up.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stumble across the newly opened Cannon Street Flying Burrito on a hungry Friday Lunchtime, this place has been opened for a couple weeks and have always passed on my way home to work so decied to give it go. First off the place is more of a take away as the seating is very limited. It starts of like a subway style production line "build your own". Staff are pleasant, but not really knowledgable of mexican cusine (from my experience), as a newbie I asked for some guidance but didnt get much in return. I went for a chicken Burrito which seemed the most identifiable of the threee meat choices (beef & pork) which just looked like a load of meat mush paste in a tin tray. They then load it with your choice of beans, rice, salsa etc. One gripe is they charge extra for guacamole (the burrito is already £6.10, 0.95 extra for gucamole ??). My other gripe is they add rice to the burrito, not just any rice, overboiled watery rice which didnt taste very fresh. In my opinion they add rice to the burrito so they can put less meat which saves costs. Anyways I built up quite a monster of a burrito (thing looked and weighed like a brick in tin foil). After sitting down I had to spend a minute figuring out how to attack this without getting it all down my suit. There is only one way to eat it and that is to open wide and naw on it like a beaver does on a log (make sure lots of tissues by your side). The taste of the Burrito is not that bad, it doesnt blow you out of the water, the fresh salsa is very well made and compensates for the meat mush and overboiled rice whilst adding hot chilli sauce gives a real kick. It certainly fills you up but In my opinion I could have easily made better from home and certainly the price is quite expensive for what it is. What I would have liked to seen is home made tortillas (tortillas taste like the ones you buy in a supermarket, I expected something home made for the premium price) and furthermore meat that has a fresher and look to it, cooked slow and falling off the bone in pieces, (rather than a sandwich paste). Would also be nice if they made the burrito perhaps thinner and longer rather than short and fat to make it easier to eat. Would I try this place again?, perhaps but not anytime soon.

• Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

The most amazing fresh ingredients and with a delivery service for larger orders it makes it all the more enticing.
The vegetarian Burrito is to die for and certainly outdoes any of its rivals.
Will I be going back again.......you bet!

• Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Fresh Mex”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Wanting something quick, fresh and warm and fairly healthy too, you can't go far wrong with The Flying Burrito. Fast food with a difference. Approach the counter and immediately decide whether you would like a Burrito, Salad or Tacos. They all currently cost £6.10 without the additional optional items, but you can request a slightly smaller one for £5.25 if your not so hungry or of a smaller appetite.

Once you've chosen your meal you work your way along the counter, choosing between Pinto or Black Beans, Chicken, Pork or Vegetarian, Cheese, Quacamole,Pineapple & Sweetcorn Salsa, Sour Cream, Cheese, Lettuce & Cactus Leaves. Guacamole and Guindilla Chilli are extra so I opted for without and avoided the cheese as trying to be health conscious. The result was a delicious flavorsome hot lunch for slightly more than the cost of a sandwich!

Even during the peak lunch hour the wait was not too long and being both delicious and fairly healthy (especially if you avoid the cheese and Tortilla and opt for the Salad version instead). Will definitely be heading back here on a regular basis!

• Visited May 2012
England
“Something a bit different in this part of London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I've always been a fan of the burrito, and when this opened up across the road from my office I was filled with joy. Whilst they are a bit on the pricey side at about £7 including guacamole, it was nonetheless a satisfying change.

The pineapple salsa worked well with the tender pork, and the staff were friendly, but while the portion wasn't as big as some other burrito joints I've used in the past, it was still satisfying.

No option of a hot sauce is available at the counter to add, or wasn't to me, so for those who like it a bit warmer I'd suggest some of your own sauce, but it had a pleasant slow burn to it.

Only half a dozen seats inside so it's mainly going to be takeaway from here, but a place I'll definitely pop in to again.

• Visited April 2012