“Not the best in my oppinion”
Review of The Lion King

and up
The Lion King Theater Show
Ranked #2 of 374 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Owner description: You will never forget the theatrical event that is Disney's THE LION KING. Brilliantly re-imagined by acclaimed director Julie Taymor, Disney's beloved film has been transformed into a spectacular stage production that explodes with glorious colours, stunning effects and enchanting music. At its heart is the powerful and moving story of Simba - the epic adventure of his journey from wide-eyed cub to his destined role as King of the Pridelands. 'There is simply nothing else like it.' The New York Times
Reviewed 13 May 2014

As a musical lover who also loves Disney, it was a must on my list, but I was a bit dissapointed. Truthfully I can't pinpoint the exact reason why, but the show just did't convince me all the way.

1  Thank Tinkara G
Write a ReviewReviews (10,335)
All reviews
in 197 reviews
"scar"
in 94 reviews

Reviewed 13 May 2014

As others have said the entire production is absolutely amazing.

The theatre is beautiful and not too far from Covent Garden and the Strand which provides plenty of opportunities for drinks or dinner beforehand.

With regards to the show itself, it is simply outstanding. The pageantry, the music and the costumes are unforgettable. Not a huge musical fan but this one couldn't be faulted. Special note to the two child actors who were brilliant.

We sat in the upper part of the theatre but it certainly didn't diminish the view or the experience at all. You need to go see it!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have been lucky enough to have seen the Lion King both on Broadway and West End! Both times the show was AMAZING and it is THE show that I will not mind watching again if given the opportunity!
Being a Music/ Drama teacher, I picked the Lion King for our 'Musical Theatre outing' with my drama class (year 5) and ALL of my students absolutely loved the show!
We booked our tickets through theatre workout and got a great group discount and also a lovely DVD on the creation of the musical!
I cannot recommend this show enough!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

One of my most memorable moments in London ! The entire experience from the costumes, sound effects, screenplay to the performance was simply WOW :)