“The Perfect Birthday Treat”
Review of The Lion King

and up
The Lion King Theater Show
Ranked #2 of 358 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Owner description: You will never forget the theatrical event that is Disney's THE LION KING. Brilliantly re-imagined by acclaimed director Julie Taymor, Disney's beloved film has been transformed into a spectacular stage production that explodes with glorious colours, stunning effects and enchanting music. At its heart is the powerful and moving story of Simba - the epic adventure of his journey from wide-eyed cub to his destined role as King of the Pridelands. 'There is simply nothing else like it.' The New York Times
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My partner suprised me with a visit to see The Lion King for my 21st Birthday, I almost cried when he told me as I have wanted to see this show since I was a little girl. They did not disappoint me!

The actors were fantastic, the make up, the cotumes, the choreography, the music... just everything was worth every penny that my partner paid. The prices are quite high for this show, but they are well worth it.

It was an unforgettable experience, suitable for all ages.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Youngest member was 5 (oldest 70) and all 9 enjoyed the show with no interruptions of any kind, easy to find close to the Thames

A must see!
Best musical in west end and I have seen many.
Entertaining, enjoyable and worth the money.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Amazing - so colourful and the acting was fantastic - a must see!!
All the songs are sung to a great atmosphere - a real feel good show! Worth the price

Reviewed 12 August 2014

On a recent day out in London with my two Daughters 20 and 15, we went to see Lion King. I can honesty say this has to be one if not the best thing I have done in a long time. As soon as the music started and the singing began I was in tears. I was pretty much like this all the way through. I can't explain why it made me so emotional but it did. I think it was mostly the music and the performances of the actors and actresses. They were simply amazing. The costumes were stunning and their voices breathtaking especially Rafiki. When it had finished I couldn't even talk about it for some time. I am alright now though. Just really looking forward to seeing it again in the future.