“GREAT tour - highly recommend”

BrakeAway Bike Tours
Ranked #3 of 203 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: With BRAKEAWAY BIKE TOURS you’ll see more in a few hours than most see in a few days. We pride ourselves on being a smaller company, with local tour guides, who limit the size of the groups so that you are always involved and remain safe at all times. So, come discover the real London, as we tell you tales about sites that breathe life into the history of one of the greatest cities worldwide.
San Francisco, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“GREAT tour - highly recommend”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Honestly - this was the best tour I did in London. It's VERY reasonable and the tour guide (Chris I believe) was great. Within the 3 1/2 hours we saw a lot of major tourist sites and also some that you would not get on a normal tourist tour. We biked over Tower Bridge, down Baker Street, stopped at a bar and had a pint, saw the old stock market building, another market where a scene in Harry Potter was influenced, where Shakespeare held his plays, and more.

This is for the people who want to sit and do nothing. You have to bike down London streets but most of the time the guide takes you down side streets or streets with bike paths. Again, I highly recommend this tour. You can also rent out the 4 spots for families or get a private tour.

The brakeaway website is also great.. two thumbs up.

Visited June 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Cycle”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

BrakeAway offered an excellent tour of central london. Our tour guide Chris was very knowledgeable, and cycling proved to be a great way to get around the city. We covered lots of ground in 3 hours, and saw some neat sights that we would not have seen on our own.

Irvine, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jet Lag Killer!”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I booked this tour to be done right as we got off our plane. (traveling from California) We landed at Heathrow around 11am and we were on bikes by 2pm. I have to tell you, this was the best thing for our jet lag. Getting the blood flowing right off the bat and feeling the wind in our hair set our vacation off right. I haven't been on a bike in a long time and I am not the most physically fit after being pregnant and having 3 babies over the last 5 years. Not to mention I am having to be on the other side of the road. But, all those things didn't matter. Our guide, Chris, was encouraging and fun. The bikes were super easy to ride. I didn't realize until subsequent days just how much biking we did. We saw ALL the sites. And we even had time to stop at Brick Lane for some eats. I would recommend this tour 100%! (I actually wanted to do one every day). Oh, and if you are physically fit (like my husband who does triathlons) you will enjoy this as well. He did! And it was an activity that made us both happy. So if you are polar opposites like us, this is still and excellent activity.

1 Thank pathlog
Dublin, Ireland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Must Do!”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Haven't been on a bike in....must be 40 years. Daunting thought cycling in London traffic but was easier than I thought it would be and our knowledgeable and friendly guide was very helpful. Our route took us past many famous landmarks and some not so famous. We even went along the secret canal, not secret any more!!
A thoroughly enjoyable, fun and different way to spend 3.5 hours
Thanks to the team at Bike Away!!

Visited June 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great use of time (and energy!)”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Wanting to make the most of our few days in London we booked the Secret Tours Bike ride. It was great value for money taking well over 3 hours seeing lots of sights you wouldn't have normally seen and the guide was very knowledgeable and helpful (especially when my tyre went flat!). You don't need to be a regular cyclist either to manage it either! Particular highlight had to be going over Tower Bridge.