“Best way to see London!”

BrakeAway Bike Tours
Ranked #3 of 204 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: With BRAKEAWAY BIKE TOURS you’ll see more in a few hours than most see in a few days. We pride ourselves on being a smaller company, with local tour guides, who limit the size of the groups so that you are always involved and remain safe at all times. So, come discover the real London, as we tell you tales about sites that breathe life into the history of one of the greatest cities worldwide.
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Forget the red bus, forget the tube... this is hands down the best way to discover London. Chris, our guide knows the city inside-out and made this tour the best I've seen in all of Europe! The groups are small at around 10 people, and the rout is surprisingly little busy. This makes for a very relaxing and laid back trip. Would recommend this to everyone visiting London!

Only advice is to make a reservation beforehand :-)

There are newer reviews for BrakeAway Bike Tours

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We booked this tour prior to going based on reviews and the fact that it was advertised on the Paris bike tour we had also booked. I am so glad I took a chance and booked the tour! We (unfortunately) missed our scheduled tour and were bummed that we had to miss out. Chris was very accommodating and was able to get us on a tour the next morning, which was a big relief to us. The tour itself was great; it was a good mix of seeing the big things like Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and some of the other big sights, as well as some off the beaten path things. Chris was funny, informative, and very fun to spend three hours with. I never thought his commentary was cheesy or unhelpful. Overall, I would definitely recommend this tour to any and all of my friends who find themselves going to London.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I had a 7 days visit in London and prebooked a tour with BrakeAway Bike Tours, only because of the good reviews in Tripadvisor. This was a very succesful descision. I did choose the Grand Tour, since I wanted to start "basic" and did not want to miss the most elementary parts of London. Our guide did of course show us the most elementary parts, such as Big Ben, London Eye and Buckingham Palace complemented with stories about them that we never had heard. But there was also an indepth level, where we'd got to see very interesting and fun things and places that we had never found on our own. For me this was three very well spent hours, from which I will always have a great memory of London. The next time I visit London I will definitely book the Secret Tour.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Bike tours are definitely one of my favourite ways to see a city and this one is a must! We did the Grand London Tour and saw lots of great things like the Banksy tunnel where the tour begins. Chris, our guide and the owner, is knowledgeable and friendly. He allows lots of time for stops, photos and questions and is more than happy to take your picture with the sites.

We had a great time!

Reviewed 27 July 2012

The bike tour was awesome! Chris, the guide, took us to spectacular locations and supplied excellent information and history about each one, combining fun, excercise, humor, and history all in one very enjoyable package. The atmosphere of the tour was friendly and joking, and you could tell everyone was having a great time! Chris really seemed to know what he was doing, too, since we never had to go back because we took the wrong route or lost our way. Bikes were very comfortable and personnaly adjusted before the tour. Me and my Dad went on both of the bike tours in one day, and enjoyed them to the fullest! We went to all the most visited locations in the first tour, and in the second tour, we biked to all the best places you've never heard about! You are in London, do not forget, so take with you good windbreaker with a cap. We had a lot of time to take pictures and enjoy surroundings. All in all, it was a great tour, and I gave it the highest rating it can get! Huge thanks from Sergei and Sam!