“Best Way to See London”

BrakeAway Bike Tours
Ranked #3 of 202 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: With BRAKEAWAY BIKE TOURS you’ll see more in a few hours than most see in a few days. We pride ourselves on being a smaller company, with local tour guides, who limit the size of the groups so that you are always involved and remain safe at all times. So, come discover the real London, as we tell you tales about sites that breathe life into the history of one of the greatest cities worldwide.
Richmond, Virginia
“Best Way to See London”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and I took a tour with BrakeAway during our 3-leg journey through Europe. We were the only couple booked on our tour and Kraig treated us like old friends. We felt safe with Kraig leading us through the streets on London and felt like we saw everything that we wanted to see, in just a few hours. Kraig was so knowledgeable and offered to take some photos of us (which we never get when we travel because one of us is behind the camera). BrakeAway also provided a great list of pubs, other sites and restaurants for us to visit, which were all great recommendations. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this tour to anyone visiting London and hope to make it back for another tour soon! Cheers!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Private tour of London”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My girlfriend and I was so lucky to have Mike as a guide of London. Apparently we were the only two on the tour and therefore had a private tour of London for only £18 per person! I think it's great that BreakAway tours don't cancel even with so few guests, you really have to give them credit for that.

Mike was a great guide and besides all the standard sights, we also visited a number of "secret" places which is really what you remember after such a tour. Mike is a Londoner himself and was very easy to understand.

I cannot recommend BrakeAway Bike Tours enough and i strongly suggest that all tourists should try a tour on their cruiser bikes.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great way to see London!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I did this tour after being in London for 2 days and it was a great way to orientate yourself with the city and to identify places to go back and visit i.e. Borough Markets is a must!!
Thanks Kraig for a great arvo!

Visited October 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Forget the Bus if you have legs”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Why would you want to stay in a bus, if you can ride a bike? The only answer would be a rainy day in London, because I've been to this tour on my first day in London and I am sure that was a great decision to choose them. The guide (Nigel) really knew what he was talking and the tour was "fast". I mean, I don't like those tours that you spend a lot of time in one place. In 3h30 we were able to visit many places and with only 30 minutes break. I was lucky to get a really sunny day and clear skies that helped a little bit.

Texel, The Netherlands
“The mayor of London is lost”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We cycled from our campsite in Crystal Palace to Waterloo Station, where we met our guide Kraig and a group of enthousiatic bikers. Kraig showed us several secret spots in the city of London. Even though we were already been in London, yet it was a very special experience. Biking over and around the mighty Thames, the city and all the thrilling places, London offers. Later at Home we heard the mayor of London, good old Boris, on the tele. He said that cycling in London is not dangerous at all and said the bikers shoul ride more careful. He really is lost and should use Kraig as his guide. Kraig knows the way in London but knows, as we discovered during the tour that biking with Kraig is safe, but biking in London is like biking in hell (we are very experienced bikers, who biked entire Europe). The mayor should invest in bike-lanes and make London more bike-friendly. He should be ashamed and should go to work to build bikelanes in London for a greener and bicycle safer London!!!!

Visited October 2013