“This sightseeing bike tour is a must!!”

BrakeAway Bike Tours
Ranked #3 of 207 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: With BRAKEAWAY BIKE TOURS you’ll see more in a few hours than most see in a few days. We pride ourselves on being a smaller company, with local tour guides, who limit the size of the groups so that you are always involved and remain safe at all times. So, come discover the real London, as we tell you tales about sites that breathe life into the history of one of the greatest cities worldwide.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

What an amazing afternoon we had pedalling around London on our super comfy bikes and taking in the 'secret ' sights. With 3 boys (aged 10, 12, and 13 ) to entertain, sight seeing is often greeted with groans and moans ..... But not this time !! Mike kept us all entertained from start to finish and now we are all keen to do the other tours offered. Great value for money, great fun, and really informative. Chris was also really helpful when it came to booking - I just can't fault this company and this tour ! Book it up, you won't regret it!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Touring London by bicycle is the absolute best way to "see the sights"! Our tour guide was friendly, entertaining and made our day so enjoyable! The bike ride was easy; nothing stressful or exhausting. At times, we walked our bikes through the crowded streets. It was easier than walking and much more fun than fighting the crowded buses and traffic. BrakeAway Bike Tours are the absolute BEST WAY to see London! A+

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Really enjoyed the bike tour as a way to sightsee London. Doing this over a walking tour allows you to see a lot more and have a great overview of some of the iconic sights of London as well as smaller things I don't think I would have seen otherwise. The tour is arranged very well so that for instance you go by Buckingham Palace during the changing of the guards and have a great stop around lunch time to get a beverage and a snack.

The bikes were very comfortable and had a basket that you could put a small to medium sized purse in which was very helpful. Just a note, a fair bit of the biking is on roads that do have traffic or is crossing areas of traffic. Our tour guide did a great job of guiding us through this but if you are very nervous about biking where there is traffic you will probably have a problem.

Chris was our guide and had lots of fun and interesting information. Although you go by many places it is only a brief stop. So if you want to walk around Westminster or go into St. Pauls you would need to do that as a separate trip. At most of the stops there is time to snap a few pictures and hear some information.

I think this is a great way to see London and would difinitely recommend it!

1  Thank Andrea L
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Myself and my wife recently had a weekend break in London without the kids, when I mentioned to her that we were going on a "Grand Tour" of London by bike she laughed and told me that she would not be getting on a bike and cycling in busy London traffic. I managed to change her mind and we turned up at the meeting point on Saturday 13th April and met Mike or guide for the day, he led us to our bikes and ran over all the usual boring safety stuff, ensured that everyone was set up on their bikes comfortably and informed us all about the tour ahead. There were 11 people on the tour when we set of on our bike tour of London and due to Mike's watchful eye there was 11 people at the end of the tour. Mike gave a good insight to all the places we visited and was happy to answer any questions we had, he also had time to chat to everyone in the group. Myself and my wife found the whole afternoon enjoyable, in fact my wife actually described it as the most enjoyable part of our busy weekend in London. I would recommend brakeaway bike tours to anyone visiting London, the tour was informative and Mike was an entertaining guide.

1  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My family (wife and kids, age 21 and 18) just got back to South Carolina from our vacation to Brussels and London last week. When I asked them what was the best thing we did on the trip, all replied the bike tour with Breakaway. Our tour guide, Mike, was very knowledgeable and fun to be around. He took us to the major attractions and others that no tour bus could ever get close to. The tour lasted four hours with a break for lunch but at the end you are not exhausted. It is the best way to see a lot of the sights in London without wearing yourself out. The cruiser type bikes were very comfortable and easy to ride. We would stop at various locations so Mike could give us the history of the place and include some other fun facts only the locals know. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who hates walking long distances or riding on a crowded bus. Mike and the owner, Chris, are extremely friendly and will help you get the most out of your vacation.

1  Thank Capp62