Simply Rooms & Suites
US$182
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$199
US$218
US$197
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$287
US$483
US$461
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewswest kensington tubevisiting olympiafridge and microwavea quiet residential areakitchen facilitiesminute walkironing boardquick checksmall hotelwhat it says on the tinrestaurants and pubstube stationtop floorshort stayhotel locationbottled waterbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Great little hotel, just a few hundred yards from Olympia/Kensington High Street. Very quiet street, you wouldn't know you're in London! The room was not big (hey, it's in London) but very well appointed, with microwave/fridge/sink, OK for simple meals or microwave dishes from the local supermarket(s). My only criticism is the hard laminate wood floors, which were noisy/creaky, I felt that carpet would have been much nicer, if harder to maintain. For this reason alone they loose 1 star from an otherwise faultless 5 star rating! That said, the location is great, with buses and tubes near by. We will definitely stay here again as it's so convenient for Olympia, Kensington High St, The Albert Hall etc. Some great restaurants and pubs nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel (ours was number 5) are even quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Nice well appointed room, loved the iphone doc but tho great for olympia the tube situation especially when the circle line is down at weekends meaning a trip to london is made more expensive or tiring by either walikng from earls court or taxiing. As a hotel no complaints but location for a shopping and party night in london is not good, a bit to inconvenient to get to

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I stayed for the week in this hotel that many people described it as "good and well located"; being quite new in London I didn't expect "west kensington" area to be a dodgy one.. Some "guys" in the street were standing in a corner doing nothing which is not very relaxing when you are a young lady on your own...
Luckily I arrived to the hotel in one piece but it toojk me ages to find the address.. It's not that close to the tube station as some of the reviewed mentioned below.
At the moment I stepped in the hotel I asked the receptionist to cancel my reservation so I can find a more decent or at least go back to NH Kensington hotel where I usually stay. The main reason why I didn't even to check in the room is that I did'nt feel safe at all during these 15 mns walk from the tube station.
Sadly the receptionist refused to cancel my reservation as it was already paid so I didn't really have the choice.........
Secondly being a young lady I was expecting someone or the receptionist to take my luggage to the floor where my room is, she just said that they don't do these kind of services so I had to do it myself.. 3 floors later I arrived at the destination sweating and tired. My disappointment just grew up more by looking at the size of the room , the bathroom and the overheating in the whole hotel. It was like being in a sauna, even though I turned off the heating and opened the window.
I woke up late at night ( heating turned off) sweating and was convinced that there should be a mini-bar or bottle of water available.. Of course there was none and had to ask 2 or 3 times before someone brought a 25 cl water bottle in the morning.
To survive my friend and I had to drink the "boiling" water from the mini-sink as even the wtaer cold was not available :(
Anyway, if you are looking for a decent place .. avoid this Simply overheated-shoe box!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bluemarley7
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I booked this hotel through booking.com and reviewed the website. Both descriptions were nothing like the hotel actually was. Located in a suburb of london, 40 minutes away by tube from central london and an unpleasant 10 minute walk from the nearest tube station. My room was on the top floor, the website said that though there is no elevator the staff will help bring your luggage to the room - there was no such occurrence. The staf, in fact, was not accommodating and rather lazy, every request was met with "sorry sir" since nothing was possible to be done. Not receive more than the measly 4 hangers, have my bags brought up to the room or many other such requests, usually immediately answered at decent places. The room, described as an "executive suite" was puny. tiny. smaller than a keyhole. (Executive suite? LIE!) I couldn't enter the bath-cell (no, it is correct - the bathroom was the size of a highschool locker) without closing the closet door, and the door to the room could not open fully since it would meet the bed at the halfway mark. the bedsheets were something of a nightmare, itchy and hard - nothing I would wish anyone to ever experience. The tube station which some here describe as "near-by" is nothing of the sort, especially when you arrive with luggage, in the rain, it is very far and the hotel is difficult to locate upon initial arrival by foot. At night this suburb is swamped with marijuana smoking teenagers and the smell penetrates the room as well - horrible.This by far is the most grotesque, unaccommodating, deceitful hotel I have ever been too. Every second I spent in it was torture, should be converted to a prison - it is that much of an abomination.
I booked it for 6 nights, but couldn't bare to stay beyond 3, as I wanted to scratch my skin off with disgust. I packed myself on the third night and checked out as soon as first morning rays were visible through the neighbourhood's marijuana smoke. I stayed the remainder of my trip at the Radisson Blue near Bond st. station, which was wonderful, but even that couldn't make up for my suffering in that hell-hole in south kensington.
Don't ever stay there, you will hate yourself if you do.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank theknowledgeable
H_Bhimji, General Manager at Simply Rooms & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post review on Trip advisor, I have noted your feedback in detail and shared it with the relevant Department Heads to initiate corrective measures. I assure you greater care will be taken on your future visits with us.
With regards to assistance with room allocation, on request we do allocate our guest on lower floors if rooms are available. We have standard size of bathroom in all the rooms, of course the facilities differ upon the room categories, however, please may I request you to treat this incident in isolation and let it not mar the impression of the hotel, as it is our earnest endeavour to provide you with the highest level of service and to ensure that your stay with us is most comfortable. Do let me know when you plan to visit us next, as I will be delighted to look after all aspects of your stay personally.
We value your feedback, as it is feedback from esteemed guests like yourself, which assist us to review our systems and procedures in striving for better service.
For further assistance you may email : Stay@simplyroomsandsuites.co.uk

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed here just after New Year and wanted somewhere reasonably near to the Royal Albert Hall.

This offered all the basics at a very reasonable price (considering not far from Kensington). Think we even benefited from free upgrade to a suite, although wasn't mentioned when we checked in.

Quiet neighbourhood, not far from Kensington Olympia station. Would certainly consider staying here again.

Room Tip: We had ground-floor front Suite
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple