“Pleasantly surprised!”

Ranked #563 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Yarm, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here whilst on business in London. I had read a review on here and was quite worried as it had been booked on my behalf. The check in process was great and the receptionist game me a map of the local area and was very helpful. The room was well equipped including; iron, microwave, large tv, fridge, sink and iPod docking station. The toilet and shower are compact but very clean. No food served on site but pub 200m away and 2 supermarkets close by. Spot on!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mike_Cleasby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Rivalta di Torino, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

When we first arrived, we were warmly welcomed, staff were friendly and helpful. On first appearance the room seemed good. A couple of big negatives: dirty cutlery in the draw, as in a knife that had dried oily food still attached, clearly hadn't been washed. The draw itself had a pile of oily crumbs in it. Ants! Not an invasion but enough to make you start looking for a source. Not so sound proof, the floor squeaked every time you moved and there were elephants staying in the room above us. The room was big but I wouldn't stay again, you can stay more central london in a smaller room but with better quality

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Viqtorea
Penzance, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

My Husband booked this at the last minute as me and my son were already in London and needed to stay a couple of extra nights. I was concerned about the location as it's in Zone 2 and it's distance from the tube for walking back at night on our own safely

The hotel is literally a 5-8minute walk from the tube. Exit the tube and turn right, turn right again in front of Sainsbury's Local then left into Lisgar Terrace, and follow the road about to the right. So easy to find. As a single female with my 11 year old son, I was worried it wouldn't be safe to walk around at night. However, the area was mainly residential and felt very safe for the two of us.

The hotel's location was very good for the museums, with South Kensington being a few stops away for the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum.

We stayed in room 5, a double with kitchen facilities. It was very clean. We used the fridge a lot, as the outdoor temperature was so hot and it was really good to have cold drinks. The room was big, having a desk with two chairs, a microwave, small fridge, kitchen sink and crockery and cutlery. It was so much better than we were expecting having read some of the reviews.

Yes, there was no lift, but room 5 was on the first floor, and I am more than capable of carrying my bags up one flight of stairs, having managed on the tube with them! The staff did offer to help carry my bags too.

The area was so quiet, and we slept really well.

Both members of staff we encountered were very pleasant and friendly.

Room Tip: Room 5, double with kitchen facilities, was excellent. Backed onto residential gardens, and easy to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TjayPz
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

This place is very close to the District line but also to the bus lines. It is an adorable part of Kensington just after the embassies. If you are just visiting London and the weather permits, be sure to go to Kew Gardens and Richmond as both are very close and you won't regret.
No lift, but we were offered to help with the luggages. Room is small but it was no problem at all.
Googe Maps puts the hotel in a wrong directions, the hotel actually is on the other end of the street where it bends - not a big deal anyhow, 2 minutes extra.
No carpet which I liked but the floor can be noisy.
They provide free internet but it was not so fun, it can slow down to the point you can not check a news site, also you need to log in every now and then. It works for 3 days only, we stayed 4, so we had trouble doing all those online check-ins. No idea why this has to be so user unfriendly.
It was unexpectedly hot in London so we had to use the air conditioner, but you can adjust just the temp, so beware of the nightly wind is you decide to leave it on while sleeping.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I went there after a long drive from Scotland expecting to find a nice clean 4 stars hotel.
The place was easy to find but once you step inside of it you think it's an old students hostel those you see in movies spooky and scary with rates of £5.00 per night and like 50 share the same toilet.
Only one person at the reception desk and it was very hot. AC is expected by nature in any 4 stars hotel.
Check in completed I got my room keys it was in the third floor. Took me some time trying to figure where the lift which wasn't there any and I had to walk up the stairs to find my room
The room itself was very small very smelly and very dirty
Have a look at the pictures
There was lots of blood marks on the bed sheet
Shower head was broken

I went downstairs to complain found the reception closed as it seems I was the last victim to check in

Stayed the night trying not to touch the blood stains and couldn't sleep

In the morning made complaint and the reply was expected for rubbish dustbin dirty disgusting hotel like this offered me free upgrade when I book again with them
My reply was hahahahahaaaaasaasasa

Please never book this hotel ever if you want to enjoy your trip.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Robert_ROme
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

it's a very clean and confortable studio apartments. The rooms are really small but enough to stay few days (we stayed 9 days). there is no lift, but is ok for Young people. very close to a bus stop and overground station. the hotel is located few meters from the main road, so there is not much noise and is really good to sleep. the bed was also really confortable. the internet connection the worst that I ever tried (I've used better connections even in Peru!!). I would come back again. It´s a good value. All the staff was very kind. we couldn´t call to chile through room phone, we had to use Skype but was difficult due to bad internet connection. we had a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

Looking for somewhere to crash then this is perfect. Close (within 15 mins) to 3 tube stations.

Along with the usual tea and coffee facilities there is a microwave and a small fridge. Near by is a Pizza Express along with other restaurants, in the morning there's a lovely cafe.

Room and bathroom is clean and comfortable. The rooms aren't huge but if you're just sleeping that's not a problem.

Only downside for our visit was that one of the cups were filthy. Something we didn't discover until the morning.

• Stayed June 2013