“Very comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #325 of 567 London B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

From the outside, it can be quite hard to tell that you've reached the place unless you look very hard, as my boyfriend and I passed the place before turning back to realised we missed it.
The inside is nice however, clean and well kept. Check-in was a bit more complicated than expected when my boyfriend was asked for his ID as "policy" when everywhere else I'd been to only asked for mine as I was the primary payer. He didn't have his on him but it was a new lesson that the receptionist taught us and he let us off to proceed to our rooms.

We arrived on a very hot day, so we were pleased to see a fan in our room that was essential to keeping us cool, but we had a window with a view that could open aswell so that was helpful. The beds were comfy, the shower was nice and the toiletries simple but nice also.

Breakfast was a do-it-yourself style in the kitchen and I made eggs with toasts and croissants and there was a wide range of food on offer which was a good situation to have.

We went out the night before and was able to stay out for as long as we wanted, we kept our keys to open the front door and our room. Overall a comfortable stay, would come again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Crystal1691

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

We were charged £250 for a tiny, very basic double room for one night in this pretty poor guesthouse. En suite bathroom minimum fixtures and shower basin didn't appear clean. Breakfast awful, laid out in kitchen all the time, croissant so stale, coffee, jams, etc. all lowest quality. Entrance pourch and hallway very shabby. Never before stayed in such an awful place, what a scam during the Olympics charging that rate. It is very convenient to two tube stations.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Elaine W

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Devon, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed one night for the Olympics and I chose this guest house based on location and price. I was glad that I had read other reviews on here as I was not expecting the outside to look appealing and I was right. If I had been walking along the road looking for somewhere to stay, I would not have considered this place - it looks almost derelict.
However, inside was clean and comfortable if a little shabby. We had a double room with an extra mattress on the floor and it was a bit cramped but we managed.
The kitchen is a good idea - you can find all you need to make a quick snack or breakfast.
Staff were friendly and helpful.

Not somewhere I would recommend for a weeks holiday, but for somewhere to put your head down for one night it was perfectly adequate and exceptional value whilst the Olympics were on.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DawnDevon_England
dubai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

I am from india and I was in london for a family vacation during last sep'11 with my wife and 2 yr old daughter here for a week and too bad i selected this hotel for my trip.the receptionist was highly racist and very discriminatory based on colour. where as every other room in the hotel was cleaned and the bed sheets changed every three days the hotel staff / receptionist incharge didnt care about the rooms we were staying. probably it is only to us. i did see them treating the 'white' guests with all the courtesy that you can expect from a marriott staff.

no. we didnt pay any less than what others paid. during the last week of september we paid 60 pounds a night for eight nights in the hotel which is a rip off. also the twin rooms mentioned in the hotel website is a actually single room where you have to remove ur luggages to open and close the door.

if you are not a white and from a asian country better avoid this or should you plan to stay get ready to be loud in what you want. being polite will not lead you anywhere in this dips*it called hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank khaleel26
Giulianova, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed at Kings Arm with my mother for one week, and it was a nice experience. For a reasonable price we got a warm, clean double room. It had an ensuite bathroom with a good shower, a comfortable double bed, a chair, tv, a small wardrobe and two small tables. The room was very small, but the staff cleaned it each day and towels and sheets were changed. We asked for one extra pillow and it wasn't a problem at all.
There's a cosy room downstairs with a well furnished kitchen where you can have breakfast, but also cook your own lunch, dinner or snack anytime. Kitchenware, pots, glasses etc weren't always well cleaned because of some careless guests, so I had to clean them before using them.
Black marks: my room wasn't so silent, we could hear people talking in the next room. Since it's a well travelled zone, traffic may disturb some people, but I easily fell asleep each night because I was very tired after walking all day long.
You can reach a DLR station in 1 minute, and Bow Road tube station is 5 minutes walk distant from the guest house, such a plum.
There's a supermarket next to the hotel where you can buy pretty much everything you need, and a laundrette.
Recommended for those who want to save some money but yet not renounce a dignified accomodation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Valletta, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

We (2 adults and a 2 yr old) stayed at the King's Arms in August 2011 and found it to be clean, comfortable, well connected (bus stops, DLR and tube within short walking distances), and the staff, especially Mr Dil, were extremely helpful and friendly. The riots broke out whilst we were there, and Mr Dil went to great lengths to help us feel safe.

Laundry and convenience store right next door, with pubs, cafes, take aways and restaurants a little further down the road.

The facade could do with a lick of (brighter?) paint however -- it belies the excellent condition of the place indoors.

Great value, would recommend it any time. You also get free cereal and fruit.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family