“Good food and friendly service” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Princess of Shoreditch
Ranked #1,568 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$31 - US$44
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Shoreditch
Description: Blissfully hidden down a quiet side street, the 'Princess' has become a Shoreditch institution. From the award winning people behind Smokehouse and the Pig and Butcher, the Princess serves top quality traditional British pub food in the lively downstairs bar and refined British & European cuisine in the elegant and charming dining room. We source the best meat and fish we can using small family companies, farms throughout the UK and south coast day boats. Winner of multiple awards including Timeouts "Best New Gastropub''.
London, United Kingdom
“Good food and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We went for an early evening Sunday roast, the dinning room wasn't very busy, we had very excellent service, the roasts were good, although they came out very quickly and the meat was a little dry, and the potatoes tasted reheated - reading other reviews this might have just been a one off though.

The toilets were also very clean and smart. We would return in the future!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Excellent night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Booked a table for me & 3 friends to celebrate my birthday. After being shown to our table, we received prompt & attentive service, & enjoyed our various starters - Smoked salmon fishcake, Scotch Egg, & Cod cheek scampi. £ of us then ordered the Kentish lamb trio - succulent pieces of rump & cutlet & a shepherds pie, served with delicious roasted carrots & a side order of some of the best chips I've had. Finished the night with a lovely Creme Brulee, while 2 of my friends enjoyed an oozing chocolate fondant. Everything was excellently cooked, full of flavour & plentiful - felt absolutely stuffed at the end of the night. Would recommend this place to everyone & anyone.

London, United Kingdom
“The princess of Sunday roast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

My friends and I visited the Princess of Shoreditch for a Sunday roast and it proved to be an excellent choice.
We had a mix of chicken, beef and pork with nicely baked potatoes and gravy.
The meat was very tender and tasteful and the whole plate delicious. They also serve a nice variety of beer and ale.

The service was very good and the staff very friendly.
The venue is renovated and gives a home-like and comfortable feeling.

Regarding the price, it was very good value for money.
I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited February 2014
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“What a little beauty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Princess of Shoreditch accommodated 20 of my friends and I in their upstairs dining room for my birthday this Sunday. The whole team there were so kind, polite, friendly and helpful with every aspect. I had to change the number of guests twice prior to and on the booking date and they were happy to do so for me. I felt like they really went out of the way to ensure that our meal was a great experience and exactly how I wanted it to be. They were so attentive that after I mentioned it was quite warm they turned up the air conditioning in the direction of our table to make sure we were comfortable. They also brought out a chocolate dessert with candles so everybody could sing happy birthday, which was really sweet and a nice touch.
The food was fantastic! The roast dinners arrived with ginormous yorkshire puddings, seasonal vegetables, roast potatoes, tasty gravy and beautifully soft cooked meat. There were a good few other options available to rival the roast which looked fantastic too. The whole place looks smart and tasteful, very nicely decorated and furnished.
My friends and I had a really lovely time! Every single one of our group commented that they had really enjoyed their food, thought it was great value and that they would be returning. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this venue to anybody! I'm so happy that was the venue I chose to celebrate at this year. Thank you!!

2 Thank ChloeMiaow
State College, Pennsylvania
“Sunday Roast:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Sunday dinner with a mixed roast - chicken, beef and pork. Meat was so tender, delicious gravy. On a bed of fried potato chunks, broccoli and honeyed carrots, topped with a steaming popover. Had a 10 minute wait to eat in the pub, dining room was full. Very pleasant, very good service.
Thought this was a real find.