“Great Day Trip!!”
Review of The English Bus

The English Bus
Ranked #6 of 678 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The highest quality small group, personalised day tours from London with a maximum 16 passengers. Tours to Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, The Cotswolds, Stratford upon Avon, France, Belgium and more. We go where the big buses can't and you get the personal attention from your extremely passionate, articulate, knowledgeable and personable guide that you cannot get in a larger tour group. Small family run business, we care about each and every guest we take on tour. Don't get lost in the crowd - guaranteed small groups for an unforgettable tour experience!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Virginia
“Great Day Trip!!”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

When my girlfriend and I spent a week in London, we knew that on one of those days we wanted to do a day tour outside of the city. After doing a Google search we found many of the large bus company tours but also found The English Bus listed. After reading the reviews here, we decided to go with Chris and The English Bus. I am so happy that we made this choice!

First off, this tour is much smaller than those giant tour buses and that really lends itself to being a more personal and impactful experience. Chris was a an amazing tour guide and very accommodating and friendly.

The tour we did was of Stonehenge, Bath, and "secret places". I'll respect Chris' wish to keep those places secret, but I can tell you that they were great. Plus, Chris changes them up occasionally so you'll always be in for a surprise.

Visited March 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great day trip from London”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

A mini bus not a 'big' bus, but Chris is flat out excellent. Great mix of information and time to walk about. Friendly group, nicely casual and personal. Great way to see the England that you won't find staying in London.

Visited March 2012
Wakefield, Rhode Island
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The best day of our 9 day vacation!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

If you are looking for a wonderful day trip from London take the English Bus with Chris. I was nervous about booking a trip on the internet based on the reviews of strangers but I'm so glad I used Trip Advisor for this. We took the Stonehenge, Bath and Secret Places trip and we all loved it. I was especially concerned with making this a great trip for our 18 year old son . He said it was a day he would remember the rest of his life and thought Chris was mad cool. Chris is a sweet, funny, soft spoken, incredibly intelligent tour guide with an engaging manner who can answer any question you can come up with. ( except who
built Stonehenge! ) We learned so much from him about every place we went and he made such an effort to make it a great day. The secret places were fantastic and charming. We realised that we would never have gotten this kind of personalized tour with a big company. We only wish we could have taken more tours with him.

taken more tours with him.

Visited February 2012
5 Thank Susan D
Chris_English_Bus, Owner at The English Bus, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Hi Susan,

Firstly many thanks for the review - it means a lot to me. As you may have seen I have never responded to a review before but I thought it about time I did.

It was a pleasure to have you both and your son on the tour and I am delighted to hear that you all really enjoyed your day. As a people business this is incredibly important and we do everything we can to make sure everyone has the absolute best day possible.

Of course not all our customers are the same, this is something I think is fantastic - the opportunity to meet so many differnet people from different countries and backgrounds. As best we can, all tours are taliored to the group. As for your son referring to me as "mad cool", well I wasn't expecting that but it is an honour indeed!

Many thanks again for your review, please come back and say hello next time you are here!

Best wishes,

Chris
Cordoba, Argentina
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Much more than a tour”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Sharing three of the tours that The English Bus offers, let us know not only about the places we visited but also about the English lifestyle, extra information about places to visit, restaurants where to eat( following Chris's advice we went to try the best fish and chips in Rck and sole of plaice), and we had a full length answer to all our many questions!!!
Chris was always ready to clarify our doubts and he is so enthusiastic that he makes of the tour a great and pleasant experience!! And what is more , we practised our English!!!
Thank you very much, Chris!

Visited January 2012
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time on two tours!”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Chris is an awesome tour guide, very fun and informative. He provides interesting commentary on the rides to various destinations, but doesn't overwhelm you with information so you have plenty of quiet time to converse with other tour members.

We did the Stonehenge/Bath and Brighton/Seven Sisters tours during a weekend. Both were wonderful yet different. The Stonehenge/Bath tour is more structured and guided while the Brighton tour allows for more free time. Even in the dead of winter, on a very cold and breezy day, the Seven Sisters' cliffs were astonishing. I have to say the visit here was the favorite part of my trip to England. Such beautiful views of the English coastline.

I would highly recommend this tour company to anyone! If you have time, it is definitely advisable to explore England outside of London as the countryside, coastline and small villages and towns are quite beautiful and charming.

Lastly, I will say that Chris is extremely accommodating as I accidentally booked and paid for my tours for the wrong dates. Once I discovered the error, he changed the dates without any issue or hassle. It's clear he enjoys his job and takes great pride in offering a unique and personal experience for his tour guests.

Visited January 2012