“Patient and knowledgeable guide”
Review of The English Bus

US$121.19*
Canterbury, Dover, Rochester, Kent in One Day from London
Ranked #6 of 727 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: #1 rated small group day tours from London, max 16 passengers. Tours to Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, The Cotswolds, Stratford on Avon, Belgium and more. We go off the beaten track and follow scenic routes that the big buses can't and you get the personal attention from your extremely passionate, articulate, knowledgeable and personable guide that you cannot get in a larger tour group. Small family run business, we care about each and every guest we take on tour. Don't get lost in the crowd - guaranteed small groups for an unforgettable tour experience! All tours start in central London - our Bath and Stonehenge tour departs daily, Our Cotswolds, Oxford, Stratford tour departs Wednesdays and Sundays and our Canterbury, Dover Cliffs and Castle tour every Friday. Bruges day tour departs once a month. Come join us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I attended their Stratford/Oxford Day Tour in Apr.

This is a small, family-run business. Chris, the owner, doubles up as driver cum guide for his tours.

What compels me write a positive review for the English Bus is the level of intimate service provided by Chris during the tour. Clearly he has researched extensively to be able to conduct a thoroughly enjoyable tour of Statford, Cotwolds, and Oxford. In addition, he adapts his tours to prevailing conditions, such as weather, or even our preferences, given the smaller group, which is a big plus.

Lastly, Chris literally took us off the beaten track during the ride, introducing us to a very pristine part of the British countryside which arguably we would never have seen if not for the tour.

Thanks English Bus!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,855)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This privately run company really knows how to make a tour the best. From the time you are greeted to the time we are dropped off to a suitable tube station to make our way home.
I had Chris as my tour guide and he was very knowledgeable and happy to answer as many questions as one could ask. He was very friendly, well mannered and an excellent tour guide.
When one books for a tour like this you know to fit three destinations in that it is going to be a very busy day and one can have only so long at one place. As it was my first time, I felt each place was apportioned out appropriately. All my life I have wanted to visit Stonehenge, I was not disappointed.
I would highly recommend this tour. Sorry we are sworn to secrecy not to reveal the secret destination. You will not be disappointed.

4  Thank BevAkl
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

My 16 year old son and I booked this trip. Our driver and owner Chris was our tour guide for the day. He was very knowledgeable of the area and English history. We went to Stratford upon Avon, which is a delightful town. Had lunch, and then Chris gave us a walking tour of the town. Then it was off to the Cottswolds , which is such a pretty area. We stopped in Bibury and had a chance to walk around. From there it was to Oxford. The university is beautiful as well as the town. We did not get back to London until after 8:00 pm. A very long day, but very educational.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My daughter and I took the Stonehenge, Bath and secret place tour in March. We thoroughly enjoyed the long day and the secret place at the end really made it! Only comment is if you are REALLY in to spending a lot of time at Stonehenge, you might feel rushed there.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My sister and I spent a day traveling to Stratford-upon-Avon, the Cotswolds, and Oxford, with these lovely and knowledgable people. We had a terrific experience, learned a lot, and shared a few laughs. We were drenched in Oxford, but we really didn't care! :) I'd love to go on another tour with them next time I visit the UK! Thank you Chris and Jen!