“bad experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #243 of 567 London B&B and Inns
Worksop, United Kingdom
“bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

poor value for money. expensive . advertise as if it is great hotel to cheat customers. not honest. the hotel is same what u get with easyjet hotels group, very tiny room, toilet very tiny and the worst shower room cubicle can not inside as then you hit the walls
breakfast very basic . easy jet hotel are honest in what they advertise as budget ones

Room Tip: poor value for money
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I give three stars, but only because I was 'upgraded' from a single room to a triple room on the third floor, with seemingly no neighbours to disturb me. If I had been in a single room, I would probably given two stars, and probably just one star if my benchmark was what £144 can buy you in other European capitals. The ascent to the third floor allowed me to note that the stairs would be difficult to negotiate with luggage (I just had a shoulder bag) and that, given the number of doors on each short corridor, the rooms must be very small. My triple room was OK for one, but how three could manage there for more than one night is beyond me. The room was refurbished (except for the windows) and the bathroom was spick and span. The temperature control worked. The conversion of the building must have been expensive, and that is reflected in the price.

I took breakfast early, and the room was not crowded. I think breakfast only starts at 8h on Sundays and holidays, which is unreasonable for a hotel close to major railway stations.
I do not care for a cooked breakfast, which left me with little choice. No alternative to white toast, then only orange juice, only two cereals, only strawberry or apricot jam packets, and only strawberry or apricot yoghurt (honestly). The breakfast staff were pleasant, but they might get frazzled towards the end, what with the cramped, windowless room.

The hotel is well situated between Kings Cross and Russell Square (the latter more convenient if you are on the Picadilly line). There are quite a few cafes and restauarants around, including "Balfour", and in the shopping centre on the way to Russell Square. Assuming £10 was added to the bill for the breakfast, I would have much preferred to spend that £10 in the Pain Quotidien in St Pancras, or much less in Starbucks.

Finally, I got bombarded with a marketing e-mail from the hotel when I returned. My "unsubscribe" from something I never asked for was registered, but I have since been bombarded with another marketing, and this time with no 'unsubscribe' (doubly illegal). There is thus no chance of me returning to this guest house.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Torquay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

The Hotel Judd web site says "Our double rooms provide excellent space and comfort at a very keen price." This is completely untrue, total lies .The room we were given had minimal floor space The bed was up against a large window so the person on that side had to crawl out of the bottom of the bed where there was six inches of floor space .There was NO yes NO wardrobe.The shower room was a joke .Any overweight person would be lucky to fit in the shower.The room would have been small for a single .So no space no comfort and not a keen price but very poor value .The cooked breakfast was cold and for a better word stewed.Some poor person who arrived a minute late for breakfast was locked out. What was really embarassing was I also booked the hotel for friends .Their rooms were equally as bad

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mal1Torquay

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

We were looking only for triple rooms, because we were travelling 3 adults and we were afraid that double room with extra bed would be too small for three people. This hotel offers triple room, which we booked it. In reality it was tiny room with 2 beds and 1 folding chair, unpossible to walking in the room - when one was standing or going to bathroom others have to sit on the beds.
The waiters at breakfast was quit unpleasant.
Very good position, close to the center, near by underground station.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sofia, Bulgaria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We have booked a room for three and it was extremely small. Very disappointing since the actual room size and beds were different from the pictures. Money not well spent! Ok, we can live with that.

However, I should not bypass the attitude of people serving the breakfast. If you go 5 min before the closing time for breakfast the door of the dining rooms is already closed and you stay with no breakfast regardless that the other two people you stay in with have already picked the breakfast for you and it is waiting at your table downstairs. When you address that issue with the reception - they cannot do anything!!! How comes?

Next time we will not stay at Judd Hotel, by no means!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bordeaux, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We chose this hotel because of the nice photos of spacious rooms with a nice view on booking.com. Paying 200 a night, we expected good service and mainly nice and clean rooms!!! BIG MISTAKE...On arrival they gave us the basement room which were not even clean, small and smelly...the behavior of the receptionist was lamentable when we asked to leave...unfortunately refunds were not hotel policy...we would expect better service and quality of rooms for this amount of money...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mark0brien, General Manager at Judd Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you ‘Lenkaaa’ for posting a review. Having checked with my receptionist I can confirm that you were allocated a room on the lower ground floor. Unfortunately the hotel was fully booked and there was nowhere he could move you to. The rooms are cleaned to a high standard as reviewed previously on this website and many other sites and are more than fit for purpose.
My receptionist informed you that you could leave at any time but you would have to pay for one night’s accommodation as a late cancellation fee. This is stipulated in your booking confirmation and is standard practise.
reading
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have stayed in numerous hotels in London and worldwide and this by far and a mile is the worst one I have come across in a long time. Chose it mainly for location as I was entertaining overseas visitors in London and had to book at the last minute. Big mistake. Checked a few reviews quickly and was persuaded that it would be fine for one night and had central location. On arrival was given the basement rooms which were not even clean with stained furniture and a not too clean carpet. Quite frankly I was embarrassed at the state of the place particularly as I had overseas visitors with me. Was offered alternative rooms on request but the overall impression was so bad that I was not inclined to stay at the hotel and decided to book an alternative hotel for the night for myself and guests. I requested a refund not necessarily 100% but some kind of compensation as we had not used any of their facilities. Alas all we were offered was 10% of our next booking which was futile as I would not contemplate booking here again or recommending any of our customers stay at this hotel. Totally unimpressed. PF Reading

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you ‘Peter F” for your review.
The reservation requested that the rooms are located on the same floor and possibly next to each other. In order to honour your request we had no option other than to offer you rooms on the lower ground floor.
The guests declined the rooms on the lower ground floor. The receptionist spent a considerable amount of time reallocating other reservations in order to free up 2 rooms on the 3rd floor. These rooms were also rejected.
The 3rd and final option was to take one room on the ground floor and another room on 1st floor, but this was also declined.
It is clear that my receptionist went above and beyond to try and accommodate your wishes but nothing he did was good enough.
I think this was one of those instances where you can’t please everyone.