“Change your staff. So rude and un helpful!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Judd Hotel

Judd Hotel
Ranked #230 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Change your staff. So rude and un helpful!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Myself and two friends had booked in for a stay after doing the London Moonwalk through the night. I had requested an early check in and also that the beds were all proper singles with no sofa bed. I knew after doing a 26 mile walk we needed comfy beds.
On arrival at 12.30 we were treated by a very un friendly gentleman on reception. He told us we couldn't have our early check in and to come back at 2pm when the room would be ready. I checked that the room would have the beds I had requested and he said yes.We returned just before 2 and sat in reception. We then heard him request a room to be cleaned. I asked how much longer for us to get into our room and was told 2.30.I asked if the room he had just asked to be cleaned was ours and he said yes.So it turned out that when we were sent away at 12.30 the room wasn't even on the list to be cleaned. When we challenged him about this he said talk to booking .com has that's who we made the booking with.The fact we didn't book direct should not of made a difference as it's the hotels responsibility,but I knew that if we made any more fuss he would of told us there was no room and to go elsewhere. We finally got into our room at 2.45pm. And what a surprise 2 beds and a bed settee. At this point we had had no sleep in over 24hrs so we climb into bed. This would of been a nice place if for the very rude and aggressive reception we recieved. If I had been my normal energy fuel self I would of told him to stick his room.
The breakfast was basic cereal and fry up and the cleaners need to raise their dusters above eye level
Good points are the other staff were friendly and gave us another cup for our room. Good location
Bad points are definatly the receptionist who was on duty at 12.30pm Sunday 11th May and really let the place down.If you don't like your job don't do it!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mark0brien, General Manager at Judd Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thankyou ‘Sally F’’ for your review.
Firstly, congratulations on completing the Moowalk!
I would like to whole heartedly apologise for the rude behaviour of my staff. This is completely unacceptable and I will be investigating this further.
If you would like to contact me directly I will be more than happy to discuss this matter further.
Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of my staff and I truly hope this hasn’t put you off staying with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Unfortunately the room was tiny. The double bed was against one wall and in the bathroom you could go to the toilet, wash your hands & have a shower without moving your feet. For what I paid, I do feel I should have been warned.

If you want "pod" type accommodation, at least you know what you're booking. This was a bit of a surprise as the hotel had been recommended by my boss who had stayed their previously.

Room Tip: Enquire what room you're going to get, when you book!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here this month on our way to Disneyland Paris, it was very handy for St Pancras station. We travelled down from Nottingham on the Saturday and then to Disneyland on the Eurostar the following day. I'd always wanted to stay in one of these converted Georgian house. The rooms were quite small and we had one on the ground floor and the other on the top floor but we only needed a base to sleep so it was more then adequate. When we arrived there appeared to be a family wedding, everybody was friendly and welcomed us in. The only problems were the room we had on the top floor was disturbed during the early hours by some the wedding party and the following morning we struggled to get a seat at the breakfast table, the food was very good and certainly set us up for the day ahead.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank madeline A
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Having stayed in hotels every week for the past year, this was the worst experience I have ever had of a so called hotel.

You want a bed - yip u got a bed but not much else! No mirror to blow dry your hair. Mould on ceiling in shower room. Scratching/gnawing noise at night which I shall leave u to guess what that could be!

Misinformation as the picture that was used to depict my single room had a window overlooking the gardens but I was put in the basement. I therefore had palpitations all night worried at sleeping in a basement. If this had been described when booking there is no way I would have booked it. And it was freezing - like an igloo making me think back to my housing lectures that basement rooms are difficult to heat - fire risks - the kitchen is also downstairs (I'm an eho see! So the brain was in overdrive)

Then we come to breakfast - I work long day hours so wanted a quick bite before heading into the office for 730am - it's why I chose this area cause work is around the corner so I kindly ask a member of staff if there was any toast please? A reasonable enquiry u may think? I couldn't see any self-serve toaster machine. A simply yes or no would have sufficed or just one minute please! Instead I get my head blown off by an Eastern European lady "we have just come into work and have to make it. Wait!" Those around me were so shocked and I was stunned to receive such a response - it was 7am and the first person I spoke to so it certainly woke me up and put me in my place! She huffed into the kitchen and I gently said to another colleague that there was no need to speak to me in such a manner - we all have work to get to. So upset by the response I left my orange juice and coffee at the table and walked out.
In the corridor I asked another member of staff if I could speak to the manager and she directed me to reception where a man asked if I was the lady complaining from another room - can u get the pattern here? People are complaining at this hotel! There was another woman complaining at reception the night prior whilst checking in.
I was advised that no management was present - no concern was given and I was told to email. Again another brilliant example of customer service - we have your money - we don't care that a member if staff was abrupt and room just get lost and make room for the next herd!
I emailed my complaint and surprise surprise - no response! What a surprise!
I therefore went to the hotel that evening and spoke to the same man who checked me in - there was no manager that day and no supervisor available that week ... So I asked ... Who takes charge then? Everyone was the reply ... We are all responsible! True what happens in an emergency? There has to be a line of command - someone to take charge in case of emergencies! I personally would never stay anywhere that has no chain of command - no line of management and no accountability.
As I was unable to have breakfast that morning due to the inappropriate manner of their staff I am still waiting to be re-imbursed.

Please please do not stay here if you value your safety and wish to be treated with courtesy. If you can't be hospitable - get our if the hospitality industry judd hotel and stop taking people's money unless you can deliver what you advertise!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Opulence
Soenderborg, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Considering this is central London, the value is fair enough, I guess. You pay for the location, not for the hotel itself. Unless you really need to stay this close, consider something a bit further out, close to a tube station. The surroundings are very quiet (unless you stay in the cellar next to the kitchen/laundry room - something keeps hammering all night). Do not expect the staff to be fluent English-speaking. The rooms are nice and clean, the bathroom is tiny - the sink is so small that you WILL soak the floor in water just by washing your face. The breakfast is "English breakfast", which means eggs, bacon, beans, dry toast, yougurt, jam/butter cogffe/tea/orange juice. If you catch a lucky morning, there might even be an apple.

Room Tip: Avoid the cellar!!! We stayed there and we never got rid of the smell and it was dark - along with t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stine D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for a conference. The room wasn't as small as some of the other reviews infer however the bathroom was compact but contained everything needed and plenty of hot water. The breakfast was good although a broader cold selection would be better. Good location for our news and polite staff. Room was spotless.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank BatNat
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

this hotel is ok if you need quite central location, our room was very clean, and personal was very polite and friendly on reception, in breakfast room and cleaners. But on negative side is such a small standard double room that you hardly can imagine it's possible. Even for slim and not tall couple as we are it was really small. Our room was on the 3rd floor, so it meant there was not a lot of noise from above floor so we could sleep quite well, but we didn't have desire to stay longer at the room. we enjoyed a cup of tea or coffee as kettle and tea and coffee provided, as well as a small shower room was ok and plenty towels and bath staff there. No, we are not going to come back to the hotel, it's very expensive for what you get, though thanks to the staff who organise the breakfast and cleaning.

Room Tip: room 303 is very small standard double room, but as it's the top floor, it was quiet to sleep..b...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple