“Our Family's Best Day in London”

Londonna Tour Guide
Ranked #279 of 716 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: I'm a registered Blue Badge Private Tour Driver Guide - I specialise in private tours in my 2011 luxury Mercedes E Class saloon (sedan) which is fully air conditioned and has a large panoramic glass roof, giving an even better view of our amazing sites and cities. I cover London and attractions that can be visited on a day trip (eg. Windsor Castle, Hampton Court, Stonehenge, Bath, Cotswolds, Leeds Castle or Harry Potter themed tours). ! also do tours on foot, public transport, taxi or in larger vehicles. Families and children are most welcome.
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and two children (ages 11 and 14) had Donna as a tour guide this past summer in London. We spent all day with her, 9-5, touring the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey and Churchill War Rooms. She really brought history to life for all us, especially our children. She picks you up in her car and drives you to all the sites, which was great for us as it only being our second day in London we were still adjusting to jet-lag. She also spent some time driving us past sights in London and as we walked along into site she always pointed out other interesting attractions and buildings. Having a guide is also great in London because it can help you to avoid the long lines.

Another great thing she did was to take several of photos of us (with our camera) posed in just the right spot in front of several major attractions. Generally, we never get our whole family in travel photos, so this was a great treat.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Donna is a terrific tour guide. She is very knowledgeable and makes you feel like you are touring with a friend. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I recently returned from a holiday in London with my husband and 3 children (9,14 and 16). We planned the trip with less advance planning than I normally would like to plan a trip, but that didn't hold Donna back. She was very helpful in the planning and steered me in the right directions of the things that we should see during our visit.

Our first day in town was spent with her touring the city and seeing the Changing of the Guard. While everyone else waited hours in front of the palace - she had us wait only 5 minutes in the perfect spot and we got a front row view!

Her knowledge of history was top notch and she made her stories relevant to everyone in the group. AND, she was fun to be with.

Donna was also very flexible when we had changes to our schedule and made it easy to change things around.

We highly recommend Donna for your tour. She is fantastic!

Have fun!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Our family - myself, my wife and our 11 year old daughter - spent a full day with Donna touring the sights around central London. Since it was our daughter's first time in London, we really wanted her to not only see the major sights but also to gain knowledge from her experience. Donna was really able to engage her with a customised itinerary and took us to places that we would not think of going such as viewing a copy of the Magna Carta and seeing the Rosetta Stone, which were all relevant to our daughter's interests. She also catered to our daughter's love of all things Harry Potter and took us to a number of film locations as well as to Platform 9 3/4 for a photo. Our day with Donna seemed to pass much too fast but we hope to see her again in the near future!!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband, 16-year-old son and I spent three and a half days with Donna- a half day in London and three days driving to Bath, seeing the sights of Bath and the surrounding countryside and villages, and visiting Oxford and Eton. Donna has exceptional knowledge and insights and created a fabulous itinerary for us. Given the diverse interests of our small family, we were not always in agreement about what our plans should be, but Donna expertly selected and guided us in directions that satisfied each of us. Her motto was, "I'll make it work!", and she did. In addition, we found her charming,interesting on a wide variety of topics, fun and easy to be with and talk to.
I don't think we could have had nearly the perfectly balanced and fully rewarding journey that we did without Donna's guidance.