“Rubbish!”

St Joseph Hotel
Ranked #1,020 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Rubbish!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Absolutely disgusting hotel! Did not realize how terrible it was! When we first saw the receptionist he was sitting on the chair with his legs up on the desk which is extremely unprofessional. He was not friendly and did not say much.
There was no lift! We had to lug up 8 suitcases all the way up to the 4th floor which was very frustrating and extremely inconvenient. There was also little milk containers all over the floor which was disgusting!
The room was very very run down and was definitely not maintained. There were squished bugs all over the ceilings.
We did not stay more than three hours as we found another hotel to move to.
Would not recommend this hotel to anyone and we will he sure to tell our travel agent.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank bee654

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Room we were in wasnt in a very nice part of the hotel, no outlook, only onto a wall. Our room was right next to the breakfast room so you couldnt sleep later than 7am as it was too noisy. Sheets and blankets didnt look very clean, cobwebs and spiders in the corners of the room, and the smell of damp. The shower was practically on top of the toilet as an all in one thing, there was no mat to avoid slipping which was quite dangerous after a shower as there was pools of water and the tiles were really slippery. The staff were unfriendly on the reception desk and when I tried to ring numerous times the previous day to confirm my booking, the person picked up the phone and hung up twice before I even spoke. The continental breakfast it advertised couldnt really be called that and wasnt a good variety, with no fruit and pastries. Only positive thing I can say was it was convenient where we wanted to go for that night at Earls court.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank berty678
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I don´t like to be negative about things and have never written a bad review about places I´ve been to before, but my stay in St Joseph Hotel was pretty horrible.
The room, which was basically in the cellar, had a door out to the "garden" but the door did not lock so we were sleeping in a room where anyone could have walked in at any time.
The toilet did not flush properly, someone took a look at it and said it was fine that it is just some rust blocking the drain... Luckily my friend and I are not stupid so we figured out a system to get the toilet working. This should not be the case in any hotel, no matter how cheap they say they are!
The floor had not been vacuumed in what looked like years... I did not take my shoes off until I went to bed. It would have been nice if the sheets had been changed even once during our 5 night stay. I´m all for saving water but what am I paying for if nothing done in the room is that more toilet paper was brought in?
The location is the best part about this hotel, really close to Earls Court station and a walking distance from Hyde Park.
Will not be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anna198627
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is my first time to review any Hotel, but I was so appalled with St Joseph's Hotel I felt it necessary to advise others not to waste money on this Hotel. Booked in to stay for 2 nights, ended up leaving after one night as it was so bad.

Top cover of bedding was Stained, toilet was disgusting and smelled of dampness. The door on the shower was broken and the room was not worth the money.

The breakfast was a joke. No fresh milk, only UHT milk for cereal. Toaster was broke and we had to go elsewhere for breakfast.

The walls were so thin that i was frequently woken up by the noise.

I would never return to this Hotel, and can't believe the prices they charge to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Pauline C
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for to days. Was a last minute trip. Booked this via lastminute.com.

Hotel staff were polite, great location, room was a little old but clean and spacious. Room had a fridge, nice sized bathroom and TV also.

Hotel is in a great location, just 5 minutes from Earls Court. Will stay again if I can get it at this price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rhondda, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

we have just returned from a two day stay at St. Joseph and this is the first time I have ever written a negative review. The moment we arrived and checked in the receptionist was quite rude and possibly may of been the owner, as there was three of us (my husband , myself and our granddaughter) he tried to charge us an extra £50 for the third bed even though we had booked and paid for three previously, at £192 for two nights not extremely cheap, My husband phoned the company we booked through and (trivago) they were very helpful and they spoke directly to the receptionist and he reluctantly agreed . He was very rude, We went to our room. all I can say was the beds were clean as were the shower area, carpets badly stained (we kept our feet covered at all times) and walls peeling and condensation very visible, extremely small rooms, though manageable for two nights, Breakfast if your lucky enough to get a seat basic but ok. The second day after two attempts, half an hour between them, trying to get a seat we managed to sit two of us ,so my husband went back to the room and we ate out later. I could not recommend this hotel as we feel it was more of a hostel than a hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roadstar726
Bournemouth
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I chose this Hotel for three reasons 1. The price 2. The location (Chelsea) 3.The character being a victorian style building we thought it might offer an atmosphere that some of the larger group hotels may not offer. Indeed having visited all the major hotel sites and not being able to find something within our budget, I eventually found the St.Joseph Hotel. On the outside it looks lovely. A period property set in the affluent area of Chelsea. The inside however was a trifle disappointing. Our room was situated on the top floor. With no lift, the stairs were steep and by the time My Partner and I reached the top we were exhausted. The bedroom was very small, barely enough room to swing cat, but in fairness it did offer the basics i.e a shower room with a tiny sink and tea and coffee making facities. With the two of us in the room it felt crowded and claustrophobic. As a single it would have just about passed muster, but as a double definately not. The room price of £55 did include breakfast. However this was down in a dark cellar like room with no windows. On the way down to breakfast there was alot of clutter and the stairs were again very steep. Breakfast was ok. However behind the counter were the toaster was positioned must of been 30 to 40 loaves of bread justed piled up. The reception staff were not that helpful, All I will say was that the room was clean. However I wished I'd paid another £15 and booked a group hotel. On a positive note St. Joseph is situated close to a tube station and local bus routes . This Hotel has potential, its a lovely building, but it needs to have more of a friendly atmosphere and bigger rooms

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple