“Yes, it's that bad.”
Review of St Joseph Hotel

St Joseph Hotel
Ranked #1,007 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My friend and I are not what you'd call high maintenance. We were expecting what we paid for - non-luxury hotel in a good location. Well, we got the good location. I was initially turned off when three girls, obviously tired from traveling, were ahead of us checking in. They realized that there was NO LIFT (something to take note of) and were assigned to the 3rd floor. But it was the type of hotel that you check in at the "Ground floor" and walk up one flight to the 1st floor. No one offered to help them out, and it was very rude. Surprise surprise - same thing happened to us. I know this is the new century but come on.
Also, the "continental breakfast": bread, cereal in a bowl, and OJ/DIY coffee/DIY tea. Do yourself a favor and go to Starbucks around the corner. Anyway, the rest of our stay was followed by the typical disappointing series of events, I found the staff and manager to be rude. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Spend your money on a nicer hotel with better customer service, please.

Room Tip: No A/C. No lift. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mazoom1001
There are newer reviews for St Joseph Hotel

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The location its quite good if you consider london standards .A small 5-10 minuite walk from earls court tube and bus station .Offers a great stay if you only use it just to keep your stuff and have a short rest in London without expecting a lot from your accommodation.

Positives in my stay
Bathroom clean and nice looking

Negatives (just my opinion)
Bed could be better and not a cheap rebuild with parts from different beds from ikea .
A bit small ,room .
Thin walls, i could clearly hear the other tenants .
Bit dirty walls
Poor breakfast

Although my comments are more on the negative side this hotel satisfied my needs for a cheap hotel in a good location in London .If you get it for a good price go for it .If not its worth paying smth more if you are the leisure kind of person .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DjDms
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Absolutely disgusting hotel! Did not realize how terrible it was! When we first saw the receptionist he was sitting on the chair with his legs up on the desk which is extremely unprofessional. He was not friendly and did not say much.
There was no lift! We had to lug up 8 suitcases all the way up to the 4th floor which was very frustrating and extremely inconvenient. There was also little milk containers all over the floor which was disgusting!
The room was very very run down and was definitely not maintained. There were squished bugs all over the ceilings.
We did not stay more than three hours as we found another hotel to move to.
Would not recommend this hotel to anyone and we will he sure to tell our travel agent.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank bee654
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Room we were in wasnt in a very nice part of the hotel, no outlook, only onto a wall. Our room was right next to the breakfast room so you couldnt sleep later than 7am as it was too noisy. Sheets and blankets didnt look very clean, cobwebs and spiders in the corners of the room, and the smell of damp. The shower was practically on top of the toilet as an all in one thing, there was no mat to avoid slipping which was quite dangerous after a shower as there was pools of water and the tiles were really slippery. The staff were unfriendly on the reception desk and when I tried to ring numerous times the previous day to confirm my booking, the person picked up the phone and hung up twice before I even spoke. The continental breakfast it advertised couldnt really be called that and wasnt a good variety, with no fruit and pastries. Only positive thing I can say was it was convenient where we wanted to go for that night at Earls court.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank berty678
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I don´t like to be negative about things and have never written a bad review about places I´ve been to before, but my stay in St Joseph Hotel was pretty horrible.
The room, which was basically in the cellar, had a door out to the "garden" but the door did not lock so we were sleeping in a room where anyone could have walked in at any time.
The toilet did not flush properly, someone took a look at it and said it was fine that it is just some rust blocking the drain... Luckily my friend and I are not stupid so we figured out a system to get the toilet working. This should not be the case in any hotel, no matter how cheap they say they are!
The floor had not been vacuumed in what looked like years... I did not take my shoes off until I went to bed. It would have been nice if the sheets had been changed even once during our 5 night stay. I´m all for saving water but what am I paying for if nothing done in the room is that more toilet paper was brought in?
The location is the best part about this hotel, really close to Earls Court station and a walking distance from Hyde Park.
Will not be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anna198627
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is my first time to review any Hotel, but I was so appalled with St Joseph's Hotel I felt it necessary to advise others not to waste money on this Hotel. Booked in to stay for 2 nights, ended up leaving after one night as it was so bad.

Top cover of bedding was Stained, toilet was disgusting and smelled of dampness. The door on the shower was broken and the room was not worth the money.

The breakfast was a joke. No fresh milk, only UHT milk for cereal. Toaster was broke and we had to go elsewhere for breakfast.

The walls were so thin that i was frequently woken up by the noise.

I would never return to this Hotel, and can't believe the prices they charge to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Pauline C
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for to days. Was a last minute trip. Booked this via lastminute.com.

Hotel staff were polite, great location, room was a little old but clean and spacious. Room had a fridge, nice sized bathroom and TV also.

Hotel is in a great location, just 5 minutes from Earls Court. Will stay again if I can get it at this price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business