“An excellent base for sightseeing”

Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill
Ranked #78 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Stayed at the Indigo for one night. The room though small was excellently furnished and equipped. An extremely comfortable bed, free soft drinks and snacks in the minibar, free internet.

Location is excellent for exploring London and is in easy walking distance of numerous pubs and restaurants.

It is a bit pricey though.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2011

Thank you for a great feedback! We love to see you back soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2011

We loved this hotel! Its close to the Tower Hill tube station, easy to get to...literally a straight walk! There is also a main bus stop to get to the main tourist attractions....so great location! The hotel itself was nice and clean, great staff, nice rooms...a tad tiny for US standards but really modern and chic. Oh and the mini bar was free! No liquor included just soda, water, juices and candy...free nonetheless! Our only complain was that the staff (despite multiple requests) never fixed our bathroom outlet which was broken, so our US cables never worked..so we could not recharge any of of our personal electronics for the duration of the trip!! But overall the hotel was great! We will definately go back.

• Stayed: April 2011
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2011

Great feedback! We loved having you here with us. One thing I do regret is not having been able to rectify the bathroom saver outlet issue fast enough.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2011

We stayed Christmas night. Very subdued atmosphere on arrival at 9 pm but that was fine for us. A smart, small Lobby area but that was also fine. Room very big with good provision of tea and coffee . Subtle colours and furnishings, a bit trendy, but comfortable. Problems getting the coffee maker to work as there were minimal instructions. The instructions for the central heating were minimal too (and diagrams with instructions in the service booklet were not identical to the dial in the room). We were only getting cold air! Excellent response from the staff who came up to operate both bits of equipment for us. Very good breakfast in bistro type restaurant. Excellent after service when I left the hot water bottle behind as they quicklly recovered it after I rang , and kept it for my son to collect. A very new hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2011

Thank you for your nice comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2011

We arrived at the hotel on the friday checked in about 1.30pm. Was asked did we want to upgrade to the executive suite for £20 extra, was told it was a bigger bed and we'd get a free bottle of wine. I gave them my Bank Card so they could take a 100deposit incase we wrecked the room (id imagine). I also paid the £20 in cash upfront for the upgrade. Everything was great the room was ready, and i can tell you the room had everything, it was stunning with so many little features which we greatly appreciated. The free minibar, plasma television and a gorgeous Queen size bed were highlights. On the saturday we was woke up by the cleaner at about 10am which was abit of a shame as me and my girlfriend had a late night and fancied a lie in. Also across the road was a church there must have been a service and the bells of the church were going on for hours, there was no way we could get back to sleep. Saturday night came after a busy day, we had to remind reception about the wine we had ordered for the night which wasnt a problem. We decided to have a night in as my girlfriend wasnt feeling very well. We ordered a takeaway which reception helped with. Sunday came we was woken up by the bells ringing around half 9 again so no lie in again. We checked out around 11am which is when the problem occured. A different lady behind reception asked for the £20 from the upgrade (which id already paid). It turned out that because i wasnt given a receipt id apparantly not paid it. I was 100% sure id paid the money and my girlfriend also recalls the event. She rang the manager who wouldnt do anything about it. There was other people waiting in the reception so in the end i reluctantly handed over another £20 to save face as i was beginning to become embarassed. It was a shame our stay ended on a sour note. I felt because i was a younger gentleman they didnt give me the respect i deserved. Also i am still waiting for the £100 deposit to be transferd back to my account, which has caused me endless problems. All in all the hotel was beautfiul and we couldnt ask for a nicer room, it was also situated very close to two stations. The staff were friendly and helpful. It was just a shame they didnt believe me about the upgrade.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to her you have enjoyed our exceptional hotel room facilities and the friendliness of our service. I am obviously very concerned about your comments regarding the illussive £20.00. I think best if I contacted you directly to discuss this incident further.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in Feb for leisure. It was easy to get to from Euston st and easy to find, although it was in a fairly quiet area. On Fri night all the office workers party nearby so it was great for a vibrant atmosphere.

Sat night was a different story altogether and very quiet indeed.

The hotel room was gorgeous and the bed was so comfy - the best I've ever slept on. There was an espresso machine in the room which was a nice touch. Shame there wasn't a bath as it would of been nice after a long day walking round London.

The Tower of London is within easy walking distance as is St Pauls, so it's a great hidden gem for tourists. Being in the golden triangle means it would be good for business people too.

There was a mix up with our bill where we were over charged by nearly £50, but as soon as I contacted the hotel they refunded it. Would stay again, but double check the bill before leaving.

• Stayed: February 2011
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are so pleased you have discovered what this "hidden gem" of a hotel has to offer. I am also relieved that the mix up with your bill was sorted out. Although I do not have the privilege of further details on this, it would seem one of these clerical errors that happen in good faith from time to time to all organisations. What I can assure you is our commitment to rectifying them as soon as possible and learn from them so we can try to minimize both their occurrence and their impact.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

The hotel was absolutely amazing! New, clean, fresh, very stylish, and super comfortable! The rooms were spacious, and the beds were the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on- it was like sleeping on a cloud. The staff were super friendly and overall, it was a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

Many thanks for your warm comments!
Some say we have the most comfortable beds they have ever slept in. We say "our guests certainly agree with this claim".
We'd love to see you back soon if only for you to try our beds once more just to be sure...!

Reviewed 20 March 2011

I booked this hotel for two nights as part of a gift for my boyfriend. It was more than I wanted to spend but I decided to go with anyway it as I couldn't find anything in my budget that I liked.

When we arrived at the hotel we were unexpectedly given a free upgrade. This consisted of a free (non-alcoholic) mini bar, a bigger room with a huge four poster bed and a seating area. I had originally booked the cheapest room so we were over the moon.

The room was fantastic, the décor was modern and the bed was very comfortable. I couldn't have asked for more.

The location of the hotel was also great. The nearest tube is Aldgate which is on the Circle line. The station really is just a few minutes walk away. It is also incredibly close to Tower Bridge.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2011

What a fantastic feedback.!
We are so pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We love to welcome you back very soon.