“Quirky and efficient Indigo”

Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill
Ranked #78 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill is ideally placed and is 10 minutes walk from Tower Hill Underground Station and under 5 minutes away from Aldgate Station.

On arrival I was warmly greeted by the reception staff, I was given a complete rundown of the services offered by the hotel and as a Platinum Member I was offered an upgrade to a Tower Hill Suite on 5th Floor also I had the choice of either a free pay movie, dessert or a cocktail. I decided on the latter which was promptly brought to my room. I was also given the activation code for free WIFI access.

The suite was pleasantly furnished and comprised of a sitting room and a corridor leading to the bathroom and the bedroom. The sitting room was comfortable with wall mounted TV, sofa and stylish armchair also desk area and complimentary magazines

I thought the bathroom was stylishly laid out and there was a range of luxury toiletries on the shelves however the shower was terribly temperamental and fiddly and not user friendly at all and at 4am was not welcomed.

In the bedroom there was a wall mounted TV, the bed was extremely comfortable. Usefully there was an iPod dock, Nespresso machine, tea/coffee facilities, biscuits. There were two bathrobes and two pairs of slippers and ironing board and safe in the wardrobe. The mini bar contained soft drinks and chocolate bars and were all complimentary.

Great hotel ideally placed for the City and attractions due to it’s close proximity to Underground stations. The staff were extremely hospitable and efficient and I would eagerly return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank paullegate
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Thank you for sharing your most inner thoughts with us. We are very happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and we wish to thank you for your forthright comment regarding the userfriedliness of the shower. We look forward to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

The hotel is ideally located just a couple of minutes walk from Aldgate tube, and you have The Gherkin right at the end of the road. We were upgraded to a Superior Room free of charge, and the room was spotlessly clean, spacious and tastefully decorated. Complimentary soft drinks (Coke, Sprite, juices + waters) and snacks (Kit Kat, Mars, biscuits) were available, as was the use of the lovely Nespresso machine. The bathroom was a good size, and stocked with the usual toiletries. We were also pleased that the room had a safe to keep valuables in. The traffic noise was not bad at all despite staying on a weekend. The bed was huge and super comfortable. The staff are exceptionally polite and friendly and I cannot fault the service we had. On one morning, despite requesting an Independent newspaper, a Financial Times was delivered - I telephoned Reception to query this and it must have taken all of 30 seconds for them to come to the Second floor to replace it - brilliant service! Very happy with the Indigo and will not hesitate to return or recommend to friends. Also, the WiFi at the hotel worked flawlessly and very fast, the first time I've been able to say this!

3  Thank Blackcherry

Thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. The Indipendent will be waiting!

Reviewed 21 July 2011

I stayed already several times in London, mostly for business, and I must admit that this hotel is one of the better ones I stayed in, and delivers very good value for money. Very good location, walking distance from Aldgate tube.
Staff are very friendly. Rooms have every comfort, free minibar and coffee-expresso making facilities. Rooms are a bit noisy. Staff informed me however that the double-glassed windows will be supplied with extra glass to reduce the noise. I will probabely back in december so I can judge this.Rooms are very cosy, but rather small, which is the case almost everywere in London. Since I travelled on my own the size of the room is not an issue.Breakfast ok. to conclude : when visiting London do not hesitate to go for this hotel, you will not be dissappointed....on the contrary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back side if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jempie145
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Thank you for your lovely comments. I can assure you we have completed the secondary glazing to all of our rooms. The feedback from all of our guests has been extremely positive. Regardless of the room orientation, they all confess that Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill offers the most restful night’s sleep they ever had!
We would love to hear your feedback when we see you next December, or maybe sooner?

Reviewed 21 July 2011

Stayed here twice. Excellent hotel with luxurious rooms. Very quiet and the comfiest bed ever! Pleasant staff. Easy access to the tube station. Nespresso machine in the room.

1  Thank Adam R

Great feedack. We look forward to see you back soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Good snack food, very pleasnt and helpful staff. Rooms fresh, clean and very modern.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mtg66
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Wow, what an endorsement!
Everyone here at Hotel indigo London Tower Hill are focused on our mission to fulfil (and hopefully exceed) our guest’s expectations. We are so pleased to hear that we are so often successful at it with all our room types. The truth is our guests need not have one of our two junior suites to experience this "special Indigo service".
We would like you to give us another opportunity to try some more very soon....

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Stayed here for one night in the Tower Bridge suite to celebrate my husband's birthday. I'd been in touch with the hotel by email several times after booking in order to arrange a suite upgrade and a bottle of fizz, and they were helpful and accomodating.

Location is handy, less than 5 mins walk from Aldgate tube and about 10 mins to the Tower. Very much in the city, so surrounded mainly by offices and quiet at the weekends, but we wanted somewhere quiet. From Aldgate tube you can get to the west end in about 15 mins.

Check-in was friendly and efficient, very modern stylish (but small) lobby. Our suite was fabulous. You walk into the lounge area, then turn around the corner to the bathroom and bedroom. 6th floor, huge windows on two sides of the building give you a great view of the gherkin on one side, and a distant view of tower bridge and the shard on the other. You can also see the top of canary wharf. Pretty at night.

Very stylish suite, white leather sofa and large chair. Murals on the walls and nice canvas prints of london. Large TV in the lounge and another in the bedroom. King-size 4 poster extremely comfortable. Wooden floors throughout. Nespresso machine and kettle with good selection of drinks and biscuits. Free coke, water, juice and choccie bars in minibar. Beautiful bathroom, large shower but no bath, nice mini aveda toiletries (though it would have been nice to have more than one of each, esp in a suite!). Plenty of large fluffy towels and heated towel rail. Bathrobes and slippers. Free wifi.

As a priority club member we had late checkout til 2pm, so it was fantastic to lounge around, drink coffee, watch tv and admire the view all morning. Used the Virgin health club which is a 3 minute walk away. Reasonable pool, + sauna and steam. Towels provided though they were out of locker padlocks which was a bit annoying.

A really excellent stay, certainly hope to return. Only thing I would improve would be to put a bath in the bathroom as well as a shower - I do hope for a bath when I book a suite!

2  Thank sal99

Great feedback.! We would love to see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2011

Stay in London a lot due to work. This is the first time I have stayed at an Indigo (try and stay with the chain though). Got upgraded with my platinum membership. Impressed that there was free wifi and free mini bar (only basic drinks but still appreciated!) that I believe you get no matter what level of room you have.
Room was very nice, walk in shower was fantastic (prefer showers to baths) air con worked and quietly!
Staff were extremely pleasant.
Price for London was very good as well. Look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank srackham
Indigoteam, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate that you appreciate the perks that come along with staying at Hotel Indigo-London Tower Hill and go to our greatest efforts to ensure your comfort is not compromised! We look forward to your next visit!