“Faultless”

Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill
Ranked #81 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I can not praise this hotel enough. I had the best welcome I have ever had in a hotel, the staff simply can not do enough for you. We were early so after staff finding out when our room would be ready we headed off for lunch, came back and ten minutes later checked in our room. Very stylish, modern, tasteful - fabulous room. We only stayed for one night and didn't use the bar or resturant as were out at a festival in Victoria Park all day until late Saturday night. Easy access from the tube, we used Tower Hill and it was just a short walk. Bed was divine, so comfortable it was a huge effort to move the next morning. The only minor complaint I would have to say would be because of the wooden flooring we heard every step taken in the room above. It could be because they were heavy footed, but it did wake us early on Sunday morning. Other than that perfect stay.

2  Thank louise_999Cheshire
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Fantastic feedback. Many of our guests describe Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill as a "hidden gem".
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed 24 July 2011

I stayed here at the tail end of a business trip, when I was spending a few days on my own. My room was really lovely and much nicer than the other hotel I had been staying in. It was very art deco-ish and trendy. The difference was that the other hotel was in Covent Garden and this one is near the Tower of London. While the neighborhood around the Hotel Indigo is not very exciting, it is a just a couple minute walk to the tube station (Tower Hill or Aldgate) or directly down to the Thames. So, the difference in price and quality of the room was well worth staying a little out of the main tourist area.

Room Tip: Go for the Executive room--it was an upgrade, but the room was worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Coolsvpmom
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I hardly ever write reviews, but have just had a weekend a the Indigo Tower Hill, and it was fantastic. Arrived early, and check in was very efficient, professional and friendly. I was offered an upgrade to an Executive room for £20 as my room wasn't available yet. It was well worth the money - a bottle of wine, complimentary mini bar and newspaper and free movies. The room was huge, and had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in - lovely soft mattress topper and beautiful cotton bedlinen.

The receptions staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly - nothing was too much trouble, happily bringing up toothpaste and extra coffee and milk for the nespresso machine.

Location wise it is a little further from the West End, and the City is a bit dead at the weekends. But despite this, it is actually really well placed for transport links - 2 mins from Aldgate tube, 5 mins from the Tower where you can pick up buses and the Thames Clipper. And it's a really nice walk along the Thames towards St.Pauls, where you can cross over the river to the Tate Modern and the South Bank.

I shall make a point of staying at the Hotel Indigo next time I'm in London. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank malley84
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Great feedback! We hope to have you with us again very soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

The Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill is ideally placed and is 10 minutes walk from Tower Hill Underground Station and under 5 minutes away from Aldgate Station.

On arrival I was warmly greeted by the reception staff, I was given a complete rundown of the services offered by the hotel and as a Platinum Member I was offered an upgrade to a Tower Hill Suite on 5th Floor also I had the choice of either a free pay movie, dessert or a cocktail. I decided on the latter which was promptly brought to my room. I was also given the activation code for free WIFI access.

The suite was pleasantly furnished and comprised of a sitting room and a corridor leading to the bathroom and the bedroom. The sitting room was comfortable with wall mounted TV, sofa and stylish armchair also desk area and complimentary magazines

I thought the bathroom was stylishly laid out and there was a range of luxury toiletries on the shelves however the shower was terribly temperamental and fiddly and not user friendly at all and at 4am was not welcomed.

In the bedroom there was a wall mounted TV, the bed was extremely comfortable. Usefully there was an iPod dock, Nespresso machine, tea/coffee facilities, biscuits. There were two bathrobes and two pairs of slippers and ironing board and safe in the wardrobe. The mini bar contained soft drinks and chocolate bars and were all complimentary.

Great hotel ideally placed for the City and attractions due to it’s close proximity to Underground stations. The staff were extremely hospitable and efficient and I would eagerly return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank paullegate

Thank you for sharing your most inner thoughts with us. We are very happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and we wish to thank you for your forthright comment regarding the userfriedliness of the shower. We look forward to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

The hotel is ideally located just a couple of minutes walk from Aldgate tube, and you have The Gherkin right at the end of the road. We were upgraded to a Superior Room free of charge, and the room was spotlessly clean, spacious and tastefully decorated. Complimentary soft drinks (Coke, Sprite, juices + waters) and snacks (Kit Kat, Mars, biscuits) were available, as was the use of the lovely Nespresso machine. The bathroom was a good size, and stocked with the usual toiletries. We were also pleased that the room had a safe to keep valuables in. The traffic noise was not bad at all despite staying on a weekend. The bed was huge and super comfortable. The staff are exceptionally polite and friendly and I cannot fault the service we had. On one morning, despite requesting an Independent newspaper, a Financial Times was delivered - I telephoned Reception to query this and it must have taken all of 30 seconds for them to come to the Second floor to replace it - brilliant service! Very happy with the Indigo and will not hesitate to return or recommend to friends. Also, the WiFi at the hotel worked flawlessly and very fast, the first time I've been able to say this!

3  Thank Blackcherry

Thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. The Indipendent will be waiting!

Reviewed 21 July 2011

I stayed already several times in London, mostly for business, and I must admit that this hotel is one of the better ones I stayed in, and delivers very good value for money. Very good location, walking distance from Aldgate tube.
Staff are very friendly. Rooms have every comfort, free minibar and coffee-expresso making facilities. Rooms are a bit noisy. Staff informed me however that the double-glassed windows will be supplied with extra glass to reduce the noise. I will probabely back in december so I can judge this.Rooms are very cosy, but rather small, which is the case almost everywere in London. Since I travelled on my own the size of the room is not an issue.Breakfast ok. to conclude : when visiting London do not hesitate to go for this hotel, you will not be dissappointed....on the contrary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back side if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jempie145
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Thank you for your lovely comments. I can assure you we have completed the secondary glazing to all of our rooms. The feedback from all of our guests has been extremely positive. Regardless of the room orientation, they all confess that Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill offers the most restful night’s sleep they ever had!
We would love to hear your feedback when we see you next December, or maybe sooner?

Reviewed 21 July 2011

Stayed here twice. Excellent hotel with luxurious rooms. Very quiet and the comfiest bed ever! Pleasant staff. Easy access to the tube station. Nespresso machine in the room.

1  Thank Adam R

Great feedack. We look forward to see you back soon.