“A superb hotel made even better by the staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill

Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill
Ranked #85 of 1,089 Hotels in London
yorkshire
“A superb hotel made even better by the staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed 2 nights over the weekend - for a birthday weekend. I asked in advance for a quiet room and was so pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to the Tower Bridge sweet at the top of the building! The staff were attentive throughout and helpful - the wifi was excellent and location wise the property is close to Tower Hill and Aldgate tube.

I had booked using priority club points so the cost of the room was not a consideration; neither did we take breakfast in the hotel. The room itself was stunning; hopefully the photo's tell the story. The room was clean and spacious and an enjoyable relaxing weekend was had. A complimentary bottle of wine to celebrate the birthday with was a lovely touch.

If I was to mention one thing to improve then the internal soundproofing isn't that great & probably not helped by the design of the room. We were lieing in bed and we heard the radio of the cleaner and the hoover as if she was in the room with us. The bed is placed up against the other side of the corridor wall and it clearly wasn't very thick. But the nature of the property is there is only a half dozen rooms on the floor so the potential for excess noise wasn't an issue one & we were not disturbed at all.

For us we had a wonderful time and we would have no hesitation to visit here again. It deserves its current high status in the tripadvisor rankings; it was the best hotel experience we can recall in many years.

Room Tip: Liaise with the property in advance to help them meet your requirements. Rooms not at the front of t...
2 Thank mister.c.
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you for such fantastic feedback. We love to hear we have "reached" our guests hearts where others failed. We are so looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights on 12th and 13th November. The other reviews on this site are accurate. The hotel and rooms are very stylish. I was upgraded to an executive room with a HUGE bed. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in, the bedlinen is lovely and there is a thick mattress topper. The check in staff were the smiliest (is that a word?) I have ever come across. Mini bar contents are complimentary (no alcohol but never mind) - a nice touch which can't be that expensive but is much appreciated by guests. The underground is literally round the corner. All this for a price of £150 per room per night - excellent value in London. This hotel will be my first choice on my next trip to London.

Room Tip: When I signed up for points card (no charge) I was upgraded
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheila W
Great comments, thank you. It is quite true, VFM subjective as it is, is always on our minds. All of us here at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

As noted in other reviews, the hotel is very clean, well located and staff was very pleasant. Rooms were attractive. I thought it represented very good value for the price. There were a few issues that were not major problems, but annoying nonetheless. Design appeared to trump practical issues -- desk in room had no outlets readily accessible (you had to go behind the draperies to plug in computer/pda etc.); bathroom had no door on shower, resulting in the water splashing on to the floor and soap shooting out of the shower across to the other side of the bathroom; sounds from other rooms were clearly audible, including another guest's alarm going off and it was loud enough to cause me to think it was my alarm; soap dish in bathroom has not raised sides, so soap routinely would fly off behind the sink and become difficult to retrieve; very small shelf in bathroom for toiletries near sink; a weird toilet paper roll holder about five feet from the toilet (and another loose roll holder on a small pole next to the toilet); TV sits on a bureau that faces away from the bed, and screen does not turn fully to face the bed. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable and room temperature controls worked very well. Bathroom had heated towel holder and rain-type shower.

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel, called the Square Mile Kitchen, which you should pass on. Meal was barely edible. Very disappointing food, altho staff was very nice. The restaurant is attractive, and they need someone to take over in the kitchen to make the food decent. They served me a roll that was so stale and hard it crumbled when I tried to break it in half. I wish I would have gone over to the Thai restaurant next door -- I am sure it has to be better quality.

Closest tube stop is Aldgate, which is only about half a block from the hotel. Very convenient. There are convenience food marts and banks nearby. Front desk will provide plug adapters for plugging in US electronics. Wireless was free and worked well.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your frank comments and detailed observations. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you were prepared to gift us such a detailed feedback.
Your account of the “plus” points of our hotel as well as your take on the “annoying” things in the bathroom and around the desk certainly ring true to our ears. I understand your corner room was particularly good example of this. I would also agree with you, sometimes "Form" precedes "Function". Blessed are those who can balance both, without stifling none.
We are painfully aware our some of these “limitations” and despite the relatively young age of the product (18 months old), we have now started actively examining ways to address some of the most annoying issues, without losing sight of the style and design at hand.
We look forward to seeing you back with us very soon.
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Went to London for 2 days. Booked this hotel through their website and paid 282 Pound for 1 King executive room and second night with prioirity points.

Service and reception: Very small reception, but understandable (and not disturbing) given the fact the hotel only has approx. 48 rooms. The personnel was professional and friendly in every respect.

Transportation from/to airport: We came from Gatwick and rather than taking the Gatwick Express, recommend to take the train to London Bridge (approx. 30 min and 17 pounds round trip) and from there a cab to the hotel (approx 8 pounds).

Location: Walking distance (4 minutes) to Tower Bridge and next by metro. You can take a metro from the Tower metro to e.g. Westminster, so even though the hotel is not in the exact centre of the city, it is quite easy to get there. By cab to the centre, we paid about 18 pounds.
Lots of restaurants and shops within a 10 minute walking radius from the hotel. Hays Galleria (including pubs, etc) about 15 minutes walk from the hotel.

Rooms: The room was spacious and clean and beautiful decorated. The bathroom was modern, very clean and efficient to use. The bed was really great and a good sleep guaranteed. I was positively surprised how much space there was in the room (bear in mind this was the kind executive) and how clean it was. Really nice. Also the mini bar contained free soft drinks and snacks, filled up every day.

Food: The continental breakfast is 12.95 pounds. The selection is really small (if you don't take the meat, cheese and fish from the breakfast, you can discount about 5 pounds) and not rather disappointing. You can also order from the menu, English breakfast and lots of egg variations. We chose the city breakfast one morning and was rather filling. The porridge is recommended (5.95 pound). Though all in all the selection is not that large and quite expensive. We noticed that right next door to the hotel is a cafe serving a lot of breakfast option for 1/3 of the price of the hotel.

All in all, I would recommend this place. I have stayed in many hotels in London over the years, mainly the large chains such as Hilton, IC hotels and Marriott, but the Indigo is by far the nicest, cleanest and most comfortable hotel I have been in London. Bear in mind the prices though!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Great feedback! We are so pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us. We agree with you, our rooms are way bigger and more comfortable than the majority of 4 star hotels in London and give a good run for the money to some 5 star hotels I care not to mention. Having said this, as VFM is clearly in our guest’s minds, we are endeavouring to fulfil as many of their expectations as possible, while we deliver a unique blend of our Hotel Indigo hospitality.
We would love to see you back with us very soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed here last week just for a night on a weekend for our anniversary. This is one of the best hotels in London I have stayed in, not the biggest of hotels but great value for money!!

We arrived early and they agreed to take our bags so we didnt have to take them round London with us, the hotel staff couldnt have been any more nicer if they tried, nothing was a problem. We were also offered a 50% voucher for lunch and dinner, we had dinner in the resturant and it was amazing, not a massive choice but enough. Also breakfast was such a selection - the best fry up I have ever had!

We had a King executive room and it was pefect, good size, modern, massive comfty bed, big tele, I-Pod dock, amazing bathroom, would have liked a bath but hey ho, the shower was massive! The free mini bar was a nice touch also, also free Wi-Fi. Avenda products in the bathroom, lots of towels and slippers and dressing gowns each :)

Definatly great value for money, good location, 2 mins walk to the station - will definatly be coming back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow, what a feedback! Many thanks. Everyone here at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill especially our kitchen and restaurant staff, feel privileged to be part of a team receiving such feedback.
We all looking forward to seeing you back with us very soon.
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel on 21st October 2011 for 2 nights. We were staying in London as my partner was attending a ceremony there. We arrived at the hotel at around 12 noon, and although we couldn't go to our room yet, the lady on the desk checked us in and put our bags in a store room until we came back later. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
When we got back to the hotel later that evening, we collected our bags and went to our room. The room was an excellent size, everything looked brand new and very clean. The bathroom was very big, new and had lovely touches such as Aveda hair products.
There is a fridge in the room stocked with soft drinks (pop, juice and water), cereal bars and chocolate, all included in the price (lovely to have when we woke up with a hangover!).
On the first morning we ordered breakfast to the room. The food was delicious, and at around £8 for a full english and £3 tray charge, very reasonable. The menu also had a good choice.
The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, so much so that my partner and I actually lifted the sheets to see what matress it was so that we can buy one ourselves!
I have nothing bad to say about this hotel and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Lucy E
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Wow, what a feedback! Our beds are indeed one of the comfiest examples around while they provide the much sought after back support. Everyone MUST try them at least once!
Your kind thoughts have been passed to the whole team, everyone is so excited with your comments. All of us here at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill are looking forward to welcoming your back.
Berkshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

Stayed one night at the Indigo having booked last minute. I thought the hotel was great value for what I paid, never sure how much supposed "discount" rates are actually discounted but it's a modern hotel in a great location, two minutes walk from Aldgate Tube. I had an executive room which was a great size, with good storage and the most insanely comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The room was well furnished with nice touches like free soft drinks mini bar, free wi-fi and Nespresso machine in the room. It would have been nice to have more Nespresso pods in the room without having to call for more, there was more tea and coffee available but one Nespresso pod seemed a bit stingy! Bathroom was also very clean an immaculate. It would have been nice to have a bath as well but the walk in shower was lovely with plenty of fluffy towels provided and complimentary Aveda shower products. It was nice to be provided with more then one towel per person. Hotel staff were friendly and welcoming. There is a bar and restaurant on site which was largely empty the time I was there. Menu looked good but I didn't eat at the hotel. all in all I would be happy to recommend this hotel and hope to stay again soon.

1 Thank Beccy W
Thank you for your lovely comments. Mosts of our guests would agree with you about the supreme comfort of our beds. Comments such as yours encouraging us to try even harder in providing our unique blend of hospitality. We of course look forward to welcoming you again very soon.