“WOW What a wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill

Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill
Ranked #84 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Dunstable, England
“WOW What a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

We booked this hotel at the last minute and we were so glad we chose to stay here. The hotel is close to Aldgate station and about 10 minutes walk to the Tower of London. We went on a Sunday and although the surrounding area is quiet at the weekends there are plenty of places to eat and get a coffee, or something stronger, if you walk to the Tower. During the week this area is buzzing but still quite charming. We didn't have any meals at the hotel but the restaurant looked really lovely. We were lucky enough to be up-graded to a suite on the 6th floor with a great view of the city including the 'Gherkin'. The room was amazing, the furnishings were all very good quality with a four poster bed which was super comfy, white leather seating area, 2 large screen TV's and huge windows which were well sound proofed. There is a free mini bar with soft drinks and chocolate, tea and coffee and an expresso machine which we did not use as there were no instructions ! The suite was so beautiful we didn't want to leave it go out and about! We will definately be returning and this hotel which could now be our favourite place to stay in London. Thank you Connie and your team for making our stay so special.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
What a fantastic review! Thank you for your lovely comments.
I am very pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us. We so close to the historic attractions of Tower of London & Tower Bridge. The culinary offerings in St. Catherine’s Docks are close by but I would strongly recommend that you to try our Square Mile restaurant which is enjoying a true following among foodies in the area.
We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

Stayed for 1night given a room upgrade on arrival. The rooms were immaculate and bathroom ultra modern. We didn't stay for breakfast but only because the Luxe is just up the road and I coudn't resist. Hotel staff were very friendly and did their best to explain a rather confusing booking system which was out of their control. This hotel definitely deserves the excellent reviews that are being posted. I have recommended to friends already and can't wait until we can stay again. Thank-you hotel indigo you were great!

• Stayed October 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Great review. Many thanks for the endorsement!
May I recommend trying our restaurant when you next visit us. You will not be disappointed!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

I stayed here as part of an exploring London trip with my partner, Indigo was somewhere we had never experienced before so we thought we'd give it a go......Am I glad we did! It was simply amazing, class and difference in one. Staff were so freindly and the room beautiful. I would recommend this to anyone.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
What a fantastic review. Many thanks for your comments.
Everyone here looks forward to your return.
Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

I have never stayed at this hotel prior to my stay a week ago, I stayed for two nights and found that the hotel was amazing!! The room was spacious and I absolutely loved the bed and bathroom, this is a hotel with class. But the main reason I am writing this review is due to the food that was served in the restaurant, I have dined at many Michelin and Rosette starred restaurants and feel that this restaurant is among one of the best I have dined in, the menu is very extensive and a well balanced catering for all tastes, I received an amuse bousse once I had ordered my meal, I had hand made ravioli to start, followed by the Duck and then a Tiramisu that I can only say WoW, it's the best I have ever had!! The meal was truely exceptional. I never usually eat in hotel restaurants but when I return to the hotel I will definately be eating there every night. So must say Indigo "A HUGE Thankyou, and can't wait to return".

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow what a lovely feedback!
We are very thankful you have shared your experience with the rest of the world.
We love to see you back soon.
Our Square Mile restaurant has a true following among our guests and local foodies alike.
Our clients say is indeed a " hidden gem" and I encourage all of you out there who love Italian food to discover it for themselves. You will not be disappointed!
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

Just left this hotel in london where we stayed 3 nights. My wife and I had a great stay- the staff were friendly and professional and happily helped us with reservations and directions. Rooms clean and comfortable, if we return to london we will return to the hotel indigo

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am so pleased you have enjoyed our hospitality.
All of us here at Hotel Indigo London -Tower Hill are looking forward to see you back soon.
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

Must say, the rooms, the style, the bed, the facilities... were all what I expected if not more... however, I thought the hotel staff could be more professional especailly for a big international name-brand hotel...

Due to confusions between the hotel and booking.com, I arrived at the hotel close to mid-night and was told that my booking was canceled! Hotel staff tried to throw the problem to booking.com (where I booked this hotel) and tried to blame it on me for not double checking on my booking (which I thought was very unreasonable because I had all the details form booking.com in my e-mail, and there were no reason for me to "double" check my booking). (I should called booking.com immediately at this point but I was too nice to wait for hotel staff to sort things out first..... )

According to the hotel staff, ALL the rooms were booked that night and I only had two choices. One is to stay at a room someone already checked-in and immediately checked-out, and is apparently, "VERY DIRTY," according to the front desk staff. I was told that there were no housekeeping at the time to clean the room (is it normal for hotels not to have a housekeeping staff at certain hours??) so the front desk staff will need to clean it himself and it'll take awhile; OR, to try to move me to another hotel, but will also take awhile since all the hotels were very full at the area. Having two very bad choices, I asked if they could do both at the same time and see whichever can be done first but was told I must choose one of the options since there were only 2 staff that night and they still have many other work to do... so I asked them to just find another hotel for me (staying at a VERY DIRTY room is just out of the question).

While I wait for them to sort things out, one of the staff told me if I'd like to see the VERY DIRTY room first, I said okay, thinking I don't have much choices and it's already mid-night. Surprisingly and strangly, the room was actually not dirty at all. The bed was never opened, but it did felt like someone had been there. With no progress on finding another hotel, I agreed to take that room, and asked them to at least clean the bathroom and bring new towels.

While waiting for the staff to clean the bathroom and change towels, I called booking.com to ask them about the situation. Booking.com were very nice and said they'd call the hotel right away to have things sort out. After hanging up with booking.com, I told the front desk that they'll be recieving a phone call, but instead, the staff told me booking.com's already faxed him and everything will be sorted out the next day. The hotel staff told me I was "very lucky" that there were still one room left, which I thought was very incensitive and inconsiderate, because, I DID BOOK A ROOM, and it's NOT luck. If anything, I should be UNLUCKY that this happened to me.

Although they did provide me a room to stay that night, despite the nice room, I was still very uncomfortable knowing it's only half-cleand. I was upgraded to a better room for the next 2 days of my stay.

Besides, my arrival incident mentioned above, the hotel never answered my e-mail regarding informaion about adding an extra bed (so I had to call internationl to find out), and giving me direction to go to a market that was closed on Sunday....

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jennifer120
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this review, 10 November 2010
Thank you for the detailed feedback.
I will not offer you futile excuses for the inappropriate comments emanating from our night staff.
It is blatantly clear that we failed on that occasion to deliver inspired service and for this please accept my most sincere apologies. I can assure you this was an isolated incident and that the rectification process on our communications has been evoked. Let me assure you that this incident it does not represent the hotel’s overall service culture which is one of our core strengths.
All of us at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill put great value on feedback believing to be one of the true measures of success and for having teh opportunity to share your experiences in person with us we are grateful. I would like to believe this unfortunate experience will not mar your faith in us and that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Nyon, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

Nice hotel, excellent experience, pleasant stuff

Hotel Indigo reminded me of Hidden hotel in Paris. The same charming atmosphere and you feel that you discovered a hidden gem! The stuff is well trained and they know how to make you feel comfortable around them!
Rooms are excellent clean, brand new, beautiful design, complimentary snacks in the refrigerator. I will ALWAYS stay there when in London on a business trip. I used to stay in Club Quarters not anymore!
I just wish for customers not be careless and take a little care of the rooms… so it will last in a great condition for a long time (:
Thank you for having this hotel around

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this review, 19 October 2010
What an endorcement! We love hearing we are your destination of choice when in London.
Please spread the "word"....and come back soon. We love to see you again soon.