“Very good tour” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Intelligence Trail
Ranked #331 of 658 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: MI5. MI6. KGB. CIA. There's sex, violence, treachery, and double-crossing aplenty on London's in-depth intelligence and espionage guided walk, as you discover what has REALLY gone on in the worlds of MI5 and MI6 in central London - the spy capital of the world. Walk past the locations where departments were based and key operations undertaken from, with your guide 'Mr. X'. "Highly recommended" by the professionals themselves! Adults only. Group tours available.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Very good tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

We enjoyed the tour. Mr X was very knowledgeable. He had some fascinating stories and took you to places where secret things happened. It is recommended. The only thing I would like changed is possibly a few modern stories as most were old. There are very obvious reasons for this (national security) however if there is any way round this I would have loved the tour.

Visited September 2011
, Head of Marketing at The Intelligence Trail, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you for your kind words, and I'm glad you enjoyed the 'Trail. Regarding your comment about more recent events being covered in the 'Trail, the Classic 'Trail does have the opportunity to cover 2-3 relatively recent events/stories. That said, the aim of the Classic tour is to provide a variety of highlights which can span from the 1900's to the Noughties and 2010's. That's a lot of decades to cover in approx 10-12 locations and 2.5 hrs! Therefore there can't be too much focus on one particular decade or time period in this tour.

Katy, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“If you like espionage,,this is the tour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

I went on The Intelligence Trail this last Sunday,,Oct 30th,,and found it excellent..Our guide, Mr X, is very knowledgable and is willing to answer any questions as we wound our way through the heart of Whitehall,,,tour takes a little over 2.5 hours, and again,,is well worth it!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Peter C
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent - fascinating and fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Did this brilliant tour today. I emerged thoroughly intrigued despite having no previous knowledge or particular interest in the spy world. My brother, an avid reader of spy fiction, thought it was excellent too. The guide was extremely knowledgeable, entertaining, and very generous with his time, expertly answering all our questions throughout and after the tour. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Ceirseach
Silver Spring, Maryland
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Well worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

We just went to London and did this tour at the end of our trip. Our guide was so interesting and gave a great tour. We are big Spooks fans and this was fun.

Visited July 2011
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour - I would recommend to all my friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

The Intelligence Trail was a really enjoyable tour. The guide knew his stuff, judged the interests of the group well and took us on a very interesting and informative walk. Having lived in London all my life I now know lots of extra useful and intriguing titbits about this fascinating city.
Thank you very much for a thoroughly enjoyable day!

Visited March 2011