“NIce Quite Hotel”

Ranked #440 of 1,068 Hotels in London
leeds
“NIce Quite Hotel”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was a fairly easy hotel to get to just across & up the street from Waterloo Train Station. The hotel it self was clean and very quite but Very warm and stuffy in the corridor's. There was a fan in each room though. I have to say the bed was very comfy, I had a very good nights sleep. Also you only get 1 towel and 1 floor mat. Maybe a hand towel & face washer could be added.

I did have to wait in line for about 15mins at check in and I was the one having to ask the questions for directions in the hotel, what floor was the room on where was the dinning room, lift's ETC.

The room it's self was clean and tidy but it did need a extra chair and more wardrobe space maybe a mini fridge. There was this big empty space with nothing there.

There was a restaurant on sight but no room service. which I thought they could make money from. I didn't want to have to go to the restaurant to eat after a long day sightseeing.

Also you had to walk through the Bar to the lifts. I did think that breakfast could be included in the room prices though.

On check out the guy working the desk was very helpful and pleasant, He was happy to help and even called a taxi for us. I can't remember his name.

We had a nice and relaxing stay and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor there is eight floors and you might be able to see the eye and rive...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stopped here a year ago and despite a hot room, the hotel had just been refurbished and it was looking pristine with great staff in a fantastic position in central London. On that basis, I booked a 2 night stay with my 7 year old grandson this year and another 2 night stay for me and my wife at the end of the month. What a disappointment from last year – our room this time was on the 8th floor, which had no air conditioning, no windows that opened and the sun shining into the room most of the day. The room was unbearably hot and sleep (even with 2 fans) was impossible, as we both felt ill - imagine trying to sleep in a sauna! At 02.00 in the morning and without any sleep, we could not stand it anymore and went downstairs to the bar to cool off, get some ice water and tell someone about out discomfort. The young lad who was there was sympatric but did not offer a solution but did concede to our request to sleep in the bar so at least we could get ‘some’ sleep! At 02.45 I spoke to a lady who was very concerned about our plight, especially when I told her we had to be up at 07.00 to go to the Universal Studios for the Harry Potter tour which was supposed to be my grandsons highlight of the trip. By 03.00 she had sorted another room for us on the 3rd floor which although not cool was much better and we were able to final sleep but we both to drag out of bed at 07.00 for the tour, which was ruined, as we were both so tired. Breakfast is self-service and the full English was poor apart from the sausages – scrambled egg with a hard crust on the top and bacon was plastic and almost uneatable! Cutlery which had been washed was not clean and there was only one staff member on duty the first morning, trying to take room numbers and fill up empty dished, as well as clean tables – chaos! The meal deal on an evening was disappointing, with my main meal served and eaten by me before my grandsons had even arrived! The lady sitting next to me commented that, she had ordered a 2 course meal and both of her courses arrived at the same time! Again, limited staff on hand to take orders and keep up with workload. Such a disappoint stay and hard to believe this was the same hotel I stopped in and enjoyed a year ago. In 4 weeks’ time I return with my wife (pre booked months ago) for another 2 night stay and to say I am filled with trepidation is an understatement.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this travel lodge. We were pleasantly surprised very clean, beds so comfortable. Most of the staff very helpfully and friendly.
We will defiantly be staying here again in the very near future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Totnes
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Ok so I know not to expect a lot from Travelodge and that's what I got. OK room. Ok bed. OK price but could be cheaper.

However, this hotel suffers from a heat problem above floor 5. I was on 8 and believe me there was no air con and the room was unbearable. The window opened a little but not enough and it just didn't get cool.

I was booked in for 2 nights and left after one. That's when I was told about the heat problem.

Room Tip: If booking in soon ask for a room below the 5th floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank stefinn
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Summer is not the time to go to this hotel. There is no air conditioning and they supply a poor quality inefficient room fan. The window opens about an inch (Health & Safety!). Consequently stiflingly hot. Very comfortable bed but hardly valuable when you can't sleep because of the heat in the room which was impossible to deal with or reduce in any way.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

sterling
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Traveling from Scotland to London stopping off along the way this was my last hotel. It did what you needed was fairly clean staff were ok some friendlier than others. Rooms were a fair size location ok so all in all a decent hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
UK
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel last summer also and it was just the same- HOT!

Whats good:

Location a few minutes from Waterloo and a short walk from the attractions of London. The room was decent and cleaned daily although a little more vacuuming would be good. The bed was comfortable and being on the first floor the room didn't get as hot as some perhaps higher up. The breakfast was ok although food ran down quickly with staff struggling to keep up.

Whats not. The room windows don't open far enough and the rooms are very hot if the weather is good. A fan is provided but that merely circulates hot air, the corridors are particularly hot.

Overall I booked this well in advance and paid a really good rate and will use this hotel again if for nothing else for its location!

Room Tip: family rooms are good sized.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family