“Would not return”

Ranked #446 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Would not return”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

me and a friend stayed at this hotel, on arrival we were greeted by a not so welcoming male!! we asked could we possibly leave our cases as we could not check in till 3 oclock, he had just agreed to let another couple leave their bags, his response was ''well i'll have to wont I, seems I've let them'' in such a manor, I have never experience such a welcome in any hotel i have ever stayed at. When we returned the staff member was a young woman who was polite and gave us our room cards, we got out the lift on the 3rd floor and the heat was awful, the room was clean but we had one towel between us this is utterly disgusting when paying £140 + for this hotel, later that evening we went to the bar no one was working so i went around to reception to ask what time the bar shut!! when i got to reception no one was on there either but there was a woman sitting in the back office when i asked her about the bar, her response in an angry manor was ''its 24hrs.. ill be over in a minute!!'' she spoke to me like i was causing her an inconvenience as she was playing on her phone, checking out was pretty awful too, would not recommend this hotel I would rather pay a bit extra for a pleasant hotel

Room Tip: do not chose this hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jesmigger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed in this hotel and thought it great but just slightly to warm, also I was a bit disappointed with the bed though as there was no where for me to tie my girlfriend to it so had to tie her to the bars on the window instead

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Ian D
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Nice hotel- staff very friendly and the rooms are clean (random point- had to ask for large towels, there was only one in the room and two of us staying). As a few people have mentioned in reviews the rooms are very hot- we had a fan but even with this it was roasting. We got over it and the price and location were good enough reason to stay. Buffet breakfast was average the usual hotel fare! Tube very close and also tourist attractions are ten/fifteen minute walk so location is ideal really.

• Stayed July 2014
Valencia, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great value for a comfortable, clean room!

I slept brilliantly in the double bed, the shower and bathroom were very clean and worked very well, which is all I ask for in this type of accommodation, I was able to watch the World Cup matches on a decent TV, and the auto-check in machine was quick and easy to use.

The room was very quiet as well despite being in a busy area of London and it's very easy to commute from Waterloo, which is a 5 minute walk away.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR A SHORT STAY!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My wife booked this for a few days away in London to watch a show. This little hotel in perfectly situated for exploring the sites. The rooms are just right for the money and breakfast was very good. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
We'd definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Eastbourne, Sussex
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Chose this hotel for simplicity and price. My friend and i decided to take her 3 young children for a 2 day trip to London at the last minute. This hotel was the cheapest around for the central location that it is. Check in was fast and friendly, the receptionist helpfully found us rooms as close to each other as possible. I had booked a double room, my friend a family room for her and her 3 kids.

My double room was the usual, adequate, no frills space to expect from a Travelodge. I am particularly impressed since they've refurbished most of their hotels, this being one of them. Bed was comfortable, room was clean, black out curtains, kettle and teabags/coffee, clean, functional bathroom, adequate space for a simple overnight stay. Extra points for the provision of a floor standing portable fan, a sign that Travelodge recognise the exceptional heat this summer versus budget style non air-conditioning that could otherwise pose a problem. I was pleased that the sash window opened to its full extent, despite stickers warning that it was restricted for safety, maybe not so good if you have young kids but i wasn't about to complain, fresh air welcome! Glad i brought my earplugs with me though, as workmen in the side road opposite started at approx 7.45am. Luckily i was waking anyway, but this could be irritating for light sleepers/late night party goers wishing for a lay in.

My friend and her 3 kids not so happy with the heat in the family room. Rooms set further back from the facade on the main road seem to have standard restricting windows typical of a hotel. The window only opened a couple of inches, and despite there being 2 desktop portable fans, they were all up at 6, awoken by the heat!! Despite this, the room was again spacious and clean. The pull out & sofa beds found to be comfortable for a 9 & 12 year old to sleep for the night.

Overall, a good find for a last minute booking, and would stay again.

Room Tip: Family rooms are more spacious than doubles
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SandBetweenMeToes
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Came for a friends wedding, no air conditioning and a desk fan with a window that barely opens, thank god for freezing showers to battle the heat. Other people at the wedding had same problems. Avoid!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Neil D