“Don't bother!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

China Buffet
Ranked #17,143 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Soho
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Don't bother!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This has to be one of if not the most awful places I have ever eaten in. After enjoying a matinee performance at the theatre the wife and I went into a local pub and joined hundreds is fans watching the Holland / Mexico game. Many pints later we went in search of food and wearing beer goggles wandered into this place! Having been shown to our canteen table and ripped plastic seats we were told to help ourselves by the grumpy Chinese lady! At this point I was starting to sober up rapidly but nevertheless got a plate and selected some items from the very poor buffet! It was then I looked closely at my surroundings. They were filthy. The carpet was threadbare with trodden in food all over it . The plaster had been knocked off the walls by the chairs. The seats were all ripped . There was so much filth on the skirting boards you could have grown a crop of king Edwards on them. There was a vagrant on one table near us who had obviously scrapped together enough money to eat all he could. The smell of damp in the place might have been him or just the general condition of the restaurant . I then thought if the owners are happy for there customers to see all this filth what could the kitchens possibly look like! We decided that it would be in the best interests of both our healths if we just left which we did, happy to pay the bill for four spring rolls rather than run the risk of botulism.
Avoid this place at all costs!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank harris9999

• Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“The worst resturant (if you can call it that) ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Terrible! Avoid at all costs.

We went here because we were hungry and it was the first place we saw. The staff are miserable, the place dull, and the food was barly edible. It's the first time I've had rice and I could hear it hit the plate. The only desert on offer was jelly, so we left after less than 20 minutes and headed for McDonald's

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sparrowlegs17
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Big boss”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I nick named the (Boss(?) the big boss as she has a loud voice and her staff are not too attentive
The service fee is "optional" = 自選的 . When our plates were not collected and left on the table,it was decided not to pay £2 service charge.
resulting in the (big boss) being argumentive and hostile.議論和敵對
你不應該粗魯的客戶和爭論
please dont lose face by arguing with customers. we are currently looking for a thai restaurant,where Thai people are polite and dont argue and lose face.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mark h
Dover, United Kingdom
“Everything cooked beautifully”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Arrived at Lunchtime, quite early on. Everything excellent, although choice not massive.

I'll be returning next time we're in London

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Came here with my girlfriend after finding out that top of the town had closed down. Wish I'd checked the other reviews beforehand!

We went in and were 'seated' by a waitress. As in, she threw the menu down on the table and went away!

Got our drinks. Not much fizz in the coke. Chinese tea was ok, but teapot looked a bit dirty.

Went up for food and the first plate I took had a piece of onion stuck to the bottom. Then went to take some rice and on putting it on the plate, saw something that should not have been there. A hair! Pointed it out to the waiter who took my plate away but didn't change the rice at all during the time we were there. Chips, samosas, spring rolls and prawn toast were ok, ribs had hardly any meat on them and I daren't touch what was sitting at the top right of the buffet. Chicken wings apparently, but they looked horrible. Noodles didn't taste right either. I managed two plates, but that's equal to one plate I would usually have elsewhere as I didn't take much from the already small selection on offer.

Decor was really bad and I think new furniture is needed. No atmosphere at all. Just felt like a room with tables and chairs thrown in.

Couldn't get out of there quick enough. Honestly, you would be much better spending your money elsewhere. Will not be going back.

1 Thank GraemeG88