“Great location, dirty hostel”
Review of West Two London

West Two London
Ranked #646 of 923 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 19 July 2011

To start with the only good thing about this hostel is its location in Bayswater near to HydePark and its cheap price. More than this there is nothing but tr

Room Tip: Try to get a small dorms
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 June 2011

Stayed at West Two in the beginning of the holidays. Got lucky with a room including double bed and BATHROOM, which is definately to prefer.
The room and the bathrooms were clean, the service okay and the location fantastic. I would not mind going back, the price was very good!
However, remember towels, it's not included (and you can't rent them) ...

Room Tip: Definately a room with double bed!
Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2010

place was full of bed bugsm everyone had sores from them. i even woke up one day and they were spraying poison for the bugs around me wile i slept! this is really bad poison and you are supposed to leave the room empty for days after til humans can go again and they didnt even wake me up!!!!! believe it or not, it gets worse! there was no heating for 3 days and when i was rude enough to complain about it they calle dthe police and kicked me out at midnight!!!!! can not even think of anything remotely good to say about htis place.

stay away you have been warned, lol, forewarned is forearmed.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank NickS00
Reviewed 6 November 2010

I stayed for just 2 nights in a mixed dorm room but wasn't expecting too much for the money I paid and was pleasantly surprised. The linen was clean, the room was warm, the shower had hot water, there was free tea and coffee (all day ... although they ran out of milk!) and there was an amorous couple getting cosy together.

If I had paid between 10 and 20 GBP for the bed in the dorm I stayed in I would have left disappointed but at the price I paid felt I had a real bargain.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Jo_Reviewer-hotelier
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Great cheap place to stay. Not luxurious but not a dump either. No security lockers in dorm rooms. The front desk will hold things for you. Awesome location! Very close to the tube and all the great touristy sights. Clean quiet neighborhood. Not ghetto. Close to grocery store and a block away from an Internet cafe as well as launder mat. Free brekky and coffee. Nice spacious kitchen. Nice common room to chill. You won't regret staying here

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We booked here for 3 nights with t been reletively close to Hyde park. We went to hard rock calling festival. The hostel is located just of the main street in bayswater so location wise is great, plenty of bars and restauatants.
On arrival, the receptionist told us we hadn't booked 4 people for 3 nights but 2 for the first, 3 forthe second and 4 for the third and tried to blame us and the booking website hostelbookers.com. But having worked in a hostel before I know it is the responsibilty of the hostel to close reservations on booking websites so it was west two at fault. Due to this we were split in twos and not in the same room as requested until the third night, even though there were enough beds in one of the rooms to accommodate us all in the same room. It also meant we paid more than the confirmation stated.
The rooms had rentokol boxes under the beds and ants on the floor. The beds were extremely uncomfortable with springs sticking out.
It wasn't till lunch time the next day that I came out in what looked like hives all the way down the left side of my body and my eye swelled up to close and after consulting the chemist, I was told it was bed bugs. Great!
The hostel was extremely unclean, under the beds were items other guests had left behind, the showers had mould and mildew in them and attracted little flies and there was sick up the wall and carpet one day.
On the second night I was sitting outside the enterance and was asked to move as I was blocking the door, I did so and the entrance was clear but some big burly balck guy came out and told me to move in a threatening nature. I was told later in he had te same nasty attitude with another guest who had his shirt off
I have stayed and worked in hostels over Europe but this has to be the worst. I wouldn't advise anyoeto go there. The staff are rude and the place is dirty. Just as well I had good company and The concert.

Reviewed 16 February 2010

Stayed here for a long weekend. Not much to say. Room we got was fairly comfortable. Twin room, bunk bed. Comfortable enough. Room was well heated, which was a major plus, as it was a pretty cold weekend in London. Mirror and sink in room. Bathrooms/showers were not ideal. Not the cleanest (mildew present on all the showers i used), and too few of them for a hostel that size. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Had small kitchen, dinning area (both very basic) and a tv room. Free internet was also provided, but we did not use it, so cannot comment on the speed. All in all, your run of the mill hostel; can do alot better, but also alot worse. Best thing about it though - location. Very quiet area, stones throw away from Bayswater station. The locale has a multitude of restaurants and pubs, catering to everyone's tastes.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple