“Unsettling atmosphere and grubby.”
Review of West Two London

West Two London
Ranked #636 of 896 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Blocked toilets, dirty bed sheets, clueless staff, threadbare curtains, pungent smell of weed and shady goings on. The location is brilliant and only a 5min walk to the tube but that's the only thing going for this run-down hostel. I felt unsafe there and as a result of this I left in the middle of the night and drove home to avoid having to be there for a minute longer.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Rusky556
There are newer reviews for West Two London

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The only thing good is the location
However not that close to main attractions

The atmosphere is very strange. Not many backpackers. Lots of creepy people actually living there. So don't ever think about going to the common room if you are female. The kitchen is terrible very dirty. The staff, one or two are nice. The majority is rude. Wifi only in the corridor and stairs.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sandrita D
Reviewed 25 July 2014

What this site has going for it is the location. Just a short, less than 5 minute, walk to Bayswater Underground station (which is on the Circle line). Also, Queens Street is just 3 blocks away which is full of places to eat and shop. We stayed in a 4 person room and it was clean and the beds comfortable, we had a sink in the room as well. On the whole this place served the purpose we used it for...a place to shower, sleep and hold our belongings while we were out around Town. Staff was very friendly, greeting us when we left each morning and returned each evening.

The bathrooms/showers were cleaned several times a day and the hallways vacuumed daily. The public areas were in the basement of the building, and we were not told this until we asked the day after our arrival. (Kitchen, dinning room, and TV room) Wifi is really only useable in the hallways, but you can't just sit in the halls as it would block the stairs access. There are no lifts or air-conditioning in the building. There are also no laundry facilities available inside the building, but there is a laundry mat over on Queens street, so only a short walk away. While the place could use a little sprucing up with paint and small repairs, it isn't a bad place to stay.

Would I stay again? Yes...I would.

Room Tip: All the rooms have bunk beds.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank April S
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Friendly stuff, not all unfortunatly. The hostel cleaned quiet often but I guess there were a lot of dirty people in the hostels, I would say like pigs. Because the bathrooms were often dirty and they cleaned few times a day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This place was alright. Quite cheap - for the price you shouldn't expect much. I stayed in a female dorm for two nights and the beds were comfortable enough. The staff were very friendly, even when we had problems. Some of the bathrooms were clearly worse than the others, but hot water was available and the bathrooms I used were clean. Location was good and the area felt safe. Kitchen was pretty miserable for any actual cooking, so I recommend either microwave meals or eating out. I met some very interesting people and the place certainly had an interesting feel to it, both which I appreciate in a hostel. Wifi only covered some areas of the hostel, which I assume could be a problem for international travellers. I wouldn't actually recommend this place much, but if you need somewhere to stay overnight, this will do. if nothing else, you'll gain a new experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I knew I had a shared bathroom, but didn't expect it to be so bad! Toilets and showers in the same room, clogged toilets, dirty toilets, broken parts. No towels available, no WIFI in the room, no elevator, vacuuming the hallway at 10 p.m., very noisy room and beds. I know I can't expect too much for this prize in London, but I just keep everything clean and mended.

Room Tip: Inform in advance about towels not being available, so I can take one from home. Keep everything cl...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family